What I miss about {UMH}

Post all Curious George's Redeemer Insanity {CG} content here!
gopostal

Re: What I miss about {UMH}

Post by gopostal » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:43 am

I'd like to borrow this thread quickly and then give it back. I just have a couple of things to set straight. I'm not looking for a fight, and I won't be defending myself so don't bother with some well-articulated response as to why I'm a complete retard. I'm married, I already get that daily.

I am done with any sort of MH public play. I reached a point of extreme burnout and I blame only myself. Most of you know I battle a disease similar to lupus: PAN (info) and I'm currently undergoing a rather nasty round of corticosteroid treatments. This lends itself to me being moody, irritable, and overly sensitive.

Now I admit I seriously over-reacted and I know I'll not be welcome to any sort of public play any longer. I'm sad by that but it is deserved. I apologize to Bob, who worked so hard, and to Herm for having to tolerate this mess. Even though I think my position on a lot of issues is valid, I could have done much better in defense of it. My actions were a product of meds, fatigue, sleeplessness, irritation, and grumpiness. This isn't an excuse, it's an explanation, I readily admit my blame and accept it willingly.

Guys, look. I can't say I accept my mistakes any clearer but you guys have got to see how much pressure and work you put on people who step up to try to better things. I've spoken one-on-one to many of you about this but I think it falls mostly on deaf ears. Look at those who have tried for this group and gotten discouraged at the results. Jon and K both tried to run servers like me but were inundated with players making requests and no one helping. The (if) next person that steps up to make a server for use needs serious support, not bickering and infighting. You guys bang on POTS for trying to help when you should be rallying behind him. This is why there is one server, not three or four. Admins see this and don't want to be involved in it, and players won't make the leap to server running for the same reason. Instead of spending hours making a slideshow video or photoshopping screenies, why not learn how to compress a map? Package things for Herm so all he has to do is upload the map, not work on it to make it good. Trust me, if a map were sent ready to upload, there's a hugely increased chance of it getting added. Server work is tedious and mostly boring. Anytime someone steps up, its a wonderful positive.

In closing, let me say that if I am working on any project for you, I will complete it. Just keep going like we are going. I'm around if someone has questions about the game (but not me), and I'd still like to post occasionally if the thread warrants, like the playerskins one. I won't be playing on pubs but I still like to dabble in dev, so you never know what might get released.

Thanks for the opportunity to clear some of the air.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:38 pm

Thanks for the detailed and explanatory message buddy, I'm sorry to hear of your health issues, take care of yourself and have a good vacation, you really deserve one.

My best wishes to you and your family

POTS
Plain Old Telephone Service

BIOMECH
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by BIOMECH » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:18 am

don't bother with some well-articulated response as to why I'm a complete retard. I'm married, I already get that daily.
Hahaha!
There's the sense of humor I remember :)

True, we're a spoilt bunch we are used to doing whatever we want whenever we want, and we're used to it.
Luxury is addictive, suddenly living under rules was destined to cause a breakdown... :P

And sure your welcome to public play, I only had problems with you as an admin, your still a great guy and all your forum posts have a certain ring to them :wink:
Last edited by BIOMECH on Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:04 am

I appreciate it Bio. I'm working towards tying up some loose ends (the village map, the mods and server issues for Herm, a few other various uncredited projects for people) and I'll probably quit public gaming altogether. I need to devote a greater portion of my time to dealing with PAN. I cycle high-dose prednisone from time to time as my Rheumatologist decrees and as I get older I am less tolerant of the side effects, especially the insomnia.

Those issues aside, I ruined a lot of my cache' with my little "freak out". I can't apologize any more sincerely for it but I'm also not asking for a pass either. I'm just a dude, I made a few mistakes, but I'll live with the consequences. All in all, it works out fine. I need to turn a page anyway.

David

Post by David » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:35 am

Gopostal, I first want to say thank you for the things that you have done. I am understanding about comment about getting older, most of us who remember the time before microwaves and TV remotes is having issues with the younger generations. I have that issue during play sometimes and at work.

I would enjoy, if you decided to, play a game or two with you on the server. Take care of yourself and take care of your family.
Are you going to pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:49 pm

Awwwwwwww we all need to do a big {MHM} group hug! Mmmmmmmmmmm...
~Peace~

Hermskii

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:00 pm

Especially girls! :P

:hug: :D
Plain Old Telephone Service

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:26 am

Cow stares blankly at hugging humans...

Goes Moo, thinking it has no idea what they're doing :/

David

Post by David » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:30 am

Hermskii wrote:Awwwwwwww we all need to do a big {MHM} group hug! Mmmmmmmmmmm...
I will give cow a hug with a steak knife and A1 bold sauce :D

David

Post by David » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:37 am

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:48 pm

David wrote:I will give cow a hug with a steak knife and A1 bold sauce :D
You'll need something better than a steak knife to penetrate my Atomic Plating. :twisted:

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:50 pm

Ahh okay, so the server and the forum are indeed gone, not just down. A shame, but it is indeed a lot of work to run those. I am amazed that Hermskii is still running a server and forum, considering that he's been at it for nearly a decade.

GoPo, take it easy m8. I know about the side effects of steroid therapy first hand from my own health problems in the past. You are entitled to take a break from it all for as long as you need, no explanations required. Hopefully they will be able to reduce the damn prednisone dosage soon. (Don't you just love the taste of that stuff when it doesn't go down first try, and starts to melt on the tongue? :? )
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:34 am

Ugh, dude I'm sorry about that. Totally understand what you mean though. Standard therapy for my deal is a high intial dose then a slow titration over a couple of months. I'm coming down now off a cycle and it's just not as easy as it was a few years ago. I can tolerate most of it ok, but the insomnia and mood swings can drive you up a wall. I shouldn't complain too much, only a couple decades back getting this meant you'd better get your affairs in order.

On the taste thing I learned to hammer those puppies down. If my white cell count gets too freaky they slam me with antibiotics though and those bast....I mean "things" give me the weirdest metallic taste in my mouth. Like having an old wheat penny under your tongue.

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:38 am

From my knowledge of medicine (they gave me medicine I was allergic to once in hospital, oh happy days...) I have sympathy with you :)

(_@_)_angelxx

Post by (_@_)_angelxx » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:26 am

hi all,
i just wanted to express my opinion on this!!
i enjoyed playing on umh, it was a nice server, i just think that its a shame that gopostal treated bobster and gem/mrs bob how he did!!

bob worked extremly hard and for gopostal to just shut it down without even telling him is harsh too say the least!!! :?

i dont know gopostal but from what i have heard and read, i think he was way out of order..

thanks for reading