The comeback

Post all Curious George's Redeemer Insanity {CG} content here!
Hermskii
Site Admin
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: The comeback

Post by Hermskii » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:08 pm

Yay! We all get it now!

Meat said:
I had no choice...at the time CG was full of small maps and crowds.
Yes, It was the only way to play and win. Yes, it was memorizing spawn points on every map BUT there is a skill to not only winning but making sure others don't at the cost of losing. You had to get the guy out of his sweet spot and get into one yourself or you lost. It took remarkably fast thinking and lots of skill.

The designers of the game never saw what we have done to it coming. They could not have. Redeemer Mod...LOL. Who would have thought!

So in short...yes, I get it. The newer versions of the Redeemer Mod are more fair and require a whole different set of skills BUT if all the maps were small as they were in the past, even new servers would be run and gun. There simply is hardly any option.

OK! Did we beat this dead horse to death yet or you want more? As Mr. T would say, I gotta-lotta more!
~Peace~

Hermskii

bumMmonkeY

Post by bumMmonkeY » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:20 pm

Hmmm. why does this topic come up in every one of my posts? even a "come-back" post? lol

I dont mind, im gunna flog this horse till theres nothing left! :P

Herm, no one i have seen yet is denying you credit for being a fore-father of redeemer, lets face facts tho:

The original Super mario brothers sucks now in comparrison to later releases..
Human kind evolved from a very handicapped single cell through to what we are today..
Taco Bell figured out how to NOT give salmonella poisioning to EVERY customer...just every 2nd!!

Evolution is in progress with everything we do, an idea is set forth and others add their interpretation of what they think that idea should be to further the experience...

My prior comment in relation to the dinosaurs....
Its not that im being figuarative, but you and others from the triassic era, :P will fight tooth and nail to prove a point that spawn killing is an actual artform. I think i can speak for myself and a few that see this from my perspective, Its not that we argue that there is an actual issue between spawn killing and run and gun....we are saying that spawn killing is a complete waste of time and lacks ANY merit whatsoever no matter wether it was the only way it could be done back just before the ice age.
If anything all credit is givin for kicking off the evolution of future UT Deemer Servers...its Kinda like considering CG as the petrie dish we cultured a game species that would survive the test of time.
I would have to dissagree that the reson CG dosnt have a huge following anymore is because the excitement for spawn killing very rapidly dissapated due to servers like MRS....Well that or the fact that most players from back then are either in retirement homes, fosilized in Egypt or deceased :P

there are new options to express your skills in Deemer now other than the Autonomous point shooting done in small map servers...

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:32 am

Oh, BumMonkey - I still like you posting about using an Elfbot! Very good!

OK - back On topic to the off topic...
I guess this whole debate has to rear its head every now and then. :roll:

The way I see it, there really shouldn't be much debate -
This does Not boil down to which way is better, wanted or the correct way to do Redeemer at all.
The best or correct way is non-existent as far as I can see.
It DOES boil down to EACH Player's Preferences is all and there is no right or wrong way to play redeemer for the most part.
(And I am talking about NON-cheating gameplay) :twisted:
There are no "Dinosaurs" either. ( except those that left UT altogether LOL ) 8)
I like playing on ANY of these servers (and styles) myself - they are all fun.
It is how YOU (or Each one of us) want to play it that counts - Not how each one of us thinks that others SHOULD play redeemer!

Never tell other players how they Should play Redeemer - let them play the way THEY Want to! (It is OK to instruct though if it is wished)
Never say that other redeemer servers are "wrong"!
They aren't! - they are merely a different way to play it!

MEAT and other players prefer a certain way or ways to both Serve and Play redeemer.
Hermskii and others their way.
I myself (and others too) am somewhere in the Middle of Hermskii and MEAT or the Original ways of playing redeemer and the Newer (or MEAT's) ways.

My Redeemer servers have both Large, Small and Medium maps - a Variety - old and new - any I deem good maps.

Play any way YOU want - I do not care as long as you have FUN!

I do not have spawn protection as I do not see a real need for it at all - I just don't.
A mute point if you will.
Most maps have enough spawn points that even on the Rare occasion that someone does some spawn killing, it is very short lived.

We have a mix of NEW 2010 redeemer mods and Old. :wink:

I am not a big translocator fan either as its use as a Weapon anyway.
It is a Redeemer Arena, so use the Redeemer to frag - not the trans - in my opinion.
In a Sniper Arena server - we use the sniper rifle to frag.
The trans is an annoyance to me and detracts and distracts from the Redeemer Experience in my book.
Use the trans, if it is really wanted, to get around the map is all and for no other reason.
If you want to use the trans to frag - go to a translocator arena server. - Again IMO.

So, in a quick summation ...

Play at {CG} - Hermskii's server, for Great, Original, Medium and Small Style maps Redeemer Arena FUN, etc.

Play at {MRS} - MEAT's server, for Great, Innovative, Large Style maps (and Scoped Deemer) Redeemer Arena FUN, etc.

Play at {CLD} or {CMM} - Hook's server(s) for Variety, and for Great, Innovative, Large, Medium and Small Style maps with PURE(no distractions and MULTI-Deemer2010 + TEAM Games) Redeemer Arena FUN, etc.

Something like that anyway! :wink:
Last edited by Hook on Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:50 am

I'm all good with BM's assessment of the discussion and the developement of the Redeemer Mod Servers over the years. It makes perfect sense and I agree with HOOK's as well in that it is all about preferences. Let's all whole hands in a big circle and sing the song "Sing a song" by the carpenters. Here it is:

Sing, sing a song

Sing out loud

Sing out strong

Sing of good things not bad

Sing of happy not sad

(*) sing, sing a song

Make it simple to last

Your whole life long

Don’t worry that it’s not

Good enough for anyone

Else to hear

Just sing, sing a song

La la la la la

La la la la la la...

Sing, sing a song

Let the world sing along

Sing of love there could be

Sing for you and for me

Repeat (*)

Awesome! Thanks all!
~Peace~

Hermskii

MEAT

Post by MEAT » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:33 pm

Hook wrote:
The way I see it, there really shouldn't be much debate -
This does Not boil down to which way is better, wanted or the correct way to do Redeemer at all.
The best or correct way is non-existent as far as I can see.
It DOES boil down to EACH Player's Preferences is all and there is no right or wrong way to play redeemer for the most part.

Actually it does matter for the better player on which technique to use...if you want to win.
Your better players don't use one technique but all...run & gun, spray & pray, spawn killing...etc
And that is determined by a number of things... map type/size and player/bot count.
But if you're only out there to have "fun" and can careless about winning or being politically
correct...then play it any way you want.

Hook wrote: MEAT and other players prefer a certain way or ways to both Serve and Play redeemer.
Hermskii and others their way.
I myself (and others too) am somewhere in the Middle of Hermskii and MEAT or the Original ways of playing redeemer and the Newer (or MEAT's) ways.
Again, if you're playing to win there is not one or two ways to play redeemer but many...depending on the variables I mentioned.
For example if I'm playing a smaller map I'll spawn kill with the best.
But get me on a lager map and I'll hunt you down and bury you.
Hook wrote:I do not have spawn protection as I do not see a real need for it at all - I just don't.
A mute point if you will.
Most maps have enough spawn points that even on the Rare occasion that someone does some spawn killing, it is very short lived.

Spawn killing or "raping" is talked about and hated throughout UT..
On certain servers and particular maps, spawn protection is the great equalizer.
Basically it adds fairness to the game.
It's not needed on all maps but some for sure.

Hook wrote: I am not a big translocator fan either as its use as a Weapon anyway.
Mastering the translocator is a skill that some players just don't get.
So most will fear the translocator and those that use it.

bumMmonkeY

Post by bumMmonkeY » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:59 pm

im gunna drop a big ol' warhead in the middle of your sing-a-long!!! mwah ha ha ha!! :evil:

MEAT

Post by MEAT » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:03 pm

psst....that Hermskii character is losing it.

bumMmonkeY

Post by bumMmonkeY » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:10 pm

hey, BTW, when i said "comeback" i meant, Ill come back when no one is around. :P

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:53 pm

Awww... come on now. We don't want you to run off. You play whatever you want however you want to play. We are just glad to have you back again. Cheers!
~Peace~

Hermskii

bumMmonkeY

Post by bumMmonkeY » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:27 am

lol, just went to MRS and got owned pretty good! A deemer with a scope and fast projectile? What kinda Hillbilly S%&T is THAT??!! lol

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:12 am

That's the SniperDeemer. MEAT's latest obsession, and a possible relative of the PirateDeemer in its various colour schemes. Probably descended from the GoDeemer :wink:

Once called the MeatDeemer

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:03 pm

BIOMECH wrote:That's the SniperDeemer. MEAT's latest obsession, and a possible relative of the PirateDeemer in its various colour schemes. Probably descended from the GoDeemer :wink:

Once called the MeatDeemer
That is pretty much correct there BIO. :wink:
Most of these New-for-2010 Redeemer mods created by Gopo are related pretty closely and yes, most of them came down (or sideways) from the GoDeemer is what I was witness to.
Although the GoDeemer was sort of a dead end and had a pretty small punch or blast.
A MUCH better and also Very Well Liked, Popular Redeemer that is somewhat like the GoDeemer is the ORANGE-Deemer.
But the ORANGE-Deemer packs a bigger punch than the GoDeemer does for sure.
The "SniperDeemer" (aka MEAT-Deemer) is a more direct (or sideways) descendant of the YELLOW-Deemer in particular, as it is virtually the same excepting for the Right-Click Scope and the Dark Custom Skin that MEAT picked out for it.
Both the YELLOW-Deemer and the MEAT/Sniper-Deemer have a Very Fast projectile (missile) and a BIG Punch or Blast!
I had my chance to have the SniperDeemer, (Gopo through it out for us) about a day of decision, then MEAT took it and ran with it, (Lucky guy), as I didn't act on it, and his version of it will stay on MRS. :wink:
They are ALL fun deemers that is for sure. :P

PS: I still have a few Deemers that I have yet to introduce.
One that I MAY is a Seeking Deemer or actually more like a Rocket Launcher with loc-on but with a Nuclear Blast.
Another has a Laser Site. LOL but really! LOL :lol:
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

MEAT

Post by MEAT » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:33 pm

Hook wrote:I had my chance to have the SniperDeemer, (Gopo through it out for us) about a day of decision, then MEAT took it and ran with it, (Lucky guy), as I didn't act on it, and his version of it will stay on MRS. :wink:
MEAT a Lucky guy?
Perhaps.
But if I'm not mistaking the addition of a scope to a redeemer was my idea and I did offer it to you back in Jan of this year.
We talked about via private message and also on your forum.
At the time you kind of blew me off by saying "it could be an option".
I also mentioned a couple of other ideas or suggestions for your server but again you threw out the word "option".
Then...
I gave you almost two weeks but you didn't grasp my vision so I asked Gopo to build what is now called SniperDeemer.
MEAT a Lucky guy?
More of a generous guy I would say.

bumMmonkeY

Post by bumMmonkeY » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:52 pm

:shock: awkward :shock:

lol

Id like to see a few more perks/pickups like super speed. I recon That wound be pretty cool in MRS...make it so its dropped when fragged.
maybe another Yankee Doodle deemer and Cluster Deemer On Cycled pickups.
That Yankee Doodle deemer you had for a while was pretty entertaining...I think it was just too frequent tho. You havnt run cluster yet tho have you?

MEAT

Post by MEAT » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:38 pm

bumMmonkeY wrote: awkward :shock:
That Yankee Doodle deemer you had for a while was pretty entertaining...I think it was just too frequent tho.
Yeah awkward for some I guess...but lets get our facts correct.
And the YankeeDoodle deemer.
Can't believe anyone remembers that...lol
I still have it but I forgot to run it on the 4th of July.
I guess I'll wait untill 9/11....The Illuminati...lol
Some people will believe anything.