3-4 New map seires from me, and help on skin making. =S

Post all Curious George's Redeemer Insanity {CG} content here!
Proxy King (jon)

3-4 New map seires from me, and help on skin making. =S

Post by Proxy King (jon) » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:48 pm

Iv been working on maps.... Normal Ut ones and iv got an idea, Cant tell you exaclty what but its really good, its hard and challenging. But Im only done with one map and yet 2-3 need more work. Anyway hermskii toke a short look at it. I THINK he was impressed but didt see it all. =(.

Skin Help PLEASE!

Iv been working on something about the skaarj trooper. You knnow the Hexen skin for octican MH, ans Shadow trooper from andromeia. i got others but i need to know how to add this skins to unreal1Model SKtrooper. Any ideas skin makers?

derdak2rot
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: 3-4 New map seires from me, and help on skin making. =S

Post by derdak2rot » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:16 pm

Proxy King (jon) wrote:Iv been working on something about the skaarj trooper. You knnow the Hexen skin for octican MH, ans Shadow trooper from andromeia. i got others but i need to know how to add this skins to unreal1Model SKtrooper. Any ideas skin makers?
custom skins on monters ? you just need the skin as a pcx texture format ( 256x256 , 256 colors ) and once in the Ed , just open properties of your monster, you will see a "Display" part , just browse it , and there is a setting to change the skin :

for importing the texture , make sure its a 256x256 sized with 256 colors ( use photoshop for that , indexed colors ) and import it this way :

enter MyLevel in the package name , and the texture name and click ok .
dont save this mylevel package , its emebedded in the map itself , just save the map and it will be saved with it ( be sure to apply the texture somewhere though , in your case , in the skin property of your monster )

arrgh ! lost my head !

Proxy King (jon)

Post by Proxy King (jon) » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:12 am

I know That, i meant you know the unreal1 models there a player you can play called sk trooper. i was wondering if someone explains to me to actually make the texture skins to that one, and name them so they dont overwrite the orgianl. i am clueless on actually making skins, i need help with it. :cry:

derdak2rot
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No

Post by derdak2rot » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:25 pm

oops , i should read more carfully the posts , sorry for the misunderstood :lol:

its quite easy to do that , just create a texture package ( with your skins textures inside ) and name it with the same class name as the original :

ex :
original is -SkTrooperSkinsUT.u
-SkTrooperSkinsUT.utx

name yours -SkTrooperSkinsUT-yourname.utx
and make a .int with the same name -SkTrooperSkinsUT-yourname.int

put this line code in your int file ( open it with notepad ) :

Code: Select all

[Public]
Object=(Name=SkTrooperSkinsUT_yourname.yourname,Class=Texture,Description="yourname")
int file is essential if you want to see it in the player menu :wink:
of course , replace "yourname" with whatever name you want for your skin

hope this helps :P
arrgh ! lost my head !

EvilGrins
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Post by EvilGrins » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:28 am

A simple skin is easy, giving the SKtrooper team colors is more interesting but very achievable.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:11 am

Well shoot. Here is another posting I would swear I never saw. Derdak2rot even replied to it. He may be the best MH mapper out there! Good luck in your efforts. Sadly, with the subscribe to topic function not working all of the sudden since a few weeks back there is little chance they will be aware any answer was posted. I need to get this fixed pronto!
~Peace~

Hermskii

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:57 pm

You really need to skim the unread posts once in awhile, though honestly I found this one looking to see (via Google) if anyone had made a playable model of the SKtrooper for ut2k4. I've got every other Skaarj ever made in my version of that game, must have the original!