POTS

Please introduce yourself here. Follow the directions in the sticky named "Hermskii"
Hermskii
Site Admin
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: POTS

Post by Hermskii » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:22 pm

Blame it on Nameless_Entity. He pointed out to me that MHM was considered child's play to the rest of the MH world so I looked a little closer and made adjustments to make it harder.

I need to make it even harder actually. Why you might ask? When was the last time you didn't finish a map at MHM? I figure if you don't fail about once in every 15 the server is set to play too easy. I need to reduce the max health to 200. That will be in line with the original UT concept of max health possibly.
~Peace~

Hermskii

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:32 pm

Yeah but you run into that wall of making maps impossible. Go too low and there is a set of maps that no longer are playable because you are too weak to survive. Blame it on the mappers depending on UTJ.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:05 pm

No! I blame it on you for not offering to invent a fix all for everything. Now get busy and make it right. No? Not possible? Ok. What were we talking about again? Hold on, let me re-read some of this. OK I re-read and think that yes, there is a wall that determines whether people are actaully willing to stop and think about how to win without losing vs just charging in "guns-a-blazing" and expecting to not only survive but to continue forward and win with little consideration to survival. Now, to read between the lines: If I make it too hard people will play at easier servers. Point well taken. Notice, I've made no changes to MHM in the last several weeks. That said, still consider that most semi-regular players still finish most maps with MORE than half of their lives intact. I think it is proof the even the hard set MHM is still too easy. Really. Think about it.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Scify

Post by Scify » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:23 pm

Hello POTS 8)
" If I had a brain, I'd be dangerous!"

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:13 am

Hey Scify, it's nice to see you posting here. :D

@Hermskii: some particular maps like DeadCity are really impossible to be completed with a low health value. We have started with a limit of 250 HP in our server but players started complaining about unbeatable maps and stuff like that, so we've decided on increasing the max value to 350 HP, and still the original DeadCity can't be finished... :roll:
Plain Old Telephone Service

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:42 am

Herm I totally get where you are coming from. TBH, I actually dislike the mayhem mod and having to use it. I think health should be set @ 100 and the only extra I would use is some reloading simply because mappers don't put nearly enough ammo around.

Having to work through a map is what MH was intended to be. I use MinasTirith for example. You HAVE to take your time and try to engage things one or two at a time or you can't get anywhere. Try to play it though with non-replenishing mods and it's totally impossible. You can't have that many monsters with no ammo laying around. I'd guess probably 40% (am I close) of the maps are impossible if you played vanilla MH. I'm not talking hard, I'm saying can't be done. That's why so few "old school" MH servers stay around. They just have too limited a selection of maps.

In a perfect world, I'd have a server running antiboost just because it's an issue with players, mapvote, and a mod that made monster health max out at around 300, with damage capped at a reasonable amount too, and that's all. I'm right with you buddy on this.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Thu May 14, 2009 10:12 pm

Happy B-Day today POTS. I wish I could talk more right now but real busy. I just didn't want to miss it without saying something. Great to have you young pup. Congrats!
~Peace~

Hermskii

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Thu May 14, 2009 10:57 pm

Thanks Herm! :D

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Tue May 26, 2009 7:23 am

This is what happens when I don't look at Welcome to the show!!! for ages....

So, a long overdue greeting from the MHM Cow!

Moo! :mrgreen:

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Tue May 26, 2009 12:17 pm

You also forgot about my birthday... :roll: Well thanks anyway. :)

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Thu May 28, 2009 5:03 am

*POTS* wrote:so we've decided on increasing the max value to 350 HP, and still the original DeadCity can't be finished... :roll:
When I see something I want to reply to, time and location mean little :)

To business, don't try basing your max health on DC maps, you'll end up with 5k and still have the flesh torn from your bones :P
Hermskii wrote: That said, still consider that most semi-regular players still finish most maps with MORE than half of their lives intact.
That's 'cos we're skilled :twisted:
Well, and I'm a perfectionist 8)
Ahhhh... nothing quite like replying to old posts... :wink:

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Thu May 28, 2009 6:02 pm

BIOMECH wrote: Ahhhh... nothing quite like replying to old posts... :wink:
...going off-topic on my own thread. Don't worry you're not the only one, and you won't be the last. :roll:

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Fri May 29, 2009 8:28 am

Off-Topic 4EVER!!! :mrgreen:

All conversations carve their own path, you can only keep it focused for so long...