{MHM}BIOMECH

Please introduce yourself here. Follow the directions in the sticky named "Hermskii"
BIOMECH
NoMoreSpam: Silver

{MHM}BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:36 pm

Moo!

I'm an adept MH player (7/10 skill) who's been playing for two or three years, although it feels like longer. I play as a Cow, which fits my eccentric personality, and am suprisingly agile considering my appearance. I enjoy music, storyline, and good visual effects, often bringing the first two with me via music players and a bit of imagination. I often add storyline to matches just for the fun of it. Something of a purist, I never liked spam maps and value skill and style.

During matches, I try to stay alive and consider avoiding death to be a higher priority than scoring. If I get the 3rd highest score with no deaths, and the people in 1st and 2nd have died a few times, then I'm happy. Despite this, I often end up with the highest score anyway :P As I value lives so much, a death which I couldn't realistically avoid (such as an unmarked trap or stupidly powerful monsters) will frustrate me a lot.

I take pride in never attacking Nali or Cows, and I always have less respect for people who do. Why would you attack a harmless, innocent creature just because you can? :o

Don't think I'm entirely hardcore though; if the rest of MHM are around I'm happy to throw myself of a cliff or launch myself into the space in the name of fun. Trying to reach the highest possible location is a classic pastime. Actually, I quite enjoy climbing in real life as well...
Squirrel.jpg.jpg
Close-up.jpg.jpg
You have no idea how long the others have been bugging me to post some photos of myself :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by BIOMECH on Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:35 pm, edited 15 times in total.

*POTS*

Re: BIOMECH

Post by *POTS* » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:52 pm

BIOMECH wrote: I'm one of the select few who enjoy playing Dead City, having introduced a host of Achievements, Medals and Level-up rules for those willing to join in the BIO-system.
According to GameTracker stats, DeadCity2 is the most played map on {MHM}. Now having that Level Point System is quite a relief. :wink:
Plain Old Telephone Service

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:48 pm

Perhaps we could craft a mod that rewards zombie kills and tracks the level of the players?

Fuzz_Ball

Post by Fuzz_Ball » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:15 pm

Hi BIOMECH and thanks for writing in.

I too, like some of the sound tracks and keep the music volume on but not as high so I can hear MEAT sneaking up on me. Also it allows me to hear the shoosh-shoosh-shoosh of Klownz' polyester pants.

MH is fun but I run out of patience when I have to start at the beginning everytime.

Dying does suck.

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:45 pm

How would you make a mod that applies and remembers a "level" every 100 points?
Sounds tricky...

And how would you get it to stay in DeadCity?
If it got into other maps it could unleash the full curse of persistent experience and spawn aload of selfish B words who care only about themselves.
I've seen it happen in ut2004...

Would be nice to end up with a sort of DeadCity RPG Pack, (I like saying that..sounds good) but I'm not sure how it would be done.
Then again, I'm no modder so I don't know how ANYTHING would be done :)

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:19 pm

I'm putting the finishing touches on a deadcity2 remix (endorsed by Blizz) that will answer a lot of the shortcomings of that map. I hope you guys like it.

And crafting a level mod for a particular map isn't that bad. You could use the stat point system of rpg as a template (I wrote a full rpg once) and apply it to just that map as like a "secondary" scoring table. It wouldn't retain your score from server/game to server/game but it would be fun to screenshot it.

I'm with you, the whole rpg thing ran me off of invasion. All pales in comparison to accumulation of stat points.

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:58 pm

ScottyD wrote: I'm with you, the whole rpg thing ran me off of invasion. All pales in comparison to accumulation of stat points.
Too true...
ScottyD wrote: And crafting a level mod for a particular map isn't that bad.
It probably have to be simpler than the system I've developed.. 8)

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:34 pm

I really hate to say this, but I'm actually on board with you on this. I spent a little time banging around with a scoring system using the zombies only and it's feasible. They are an independent monster in dead city and unique so snatching the scorekill for them would be straightforward.

I made a full rpg for 2004 (gopoRPG) so I understand the player specific scoring. However without a server side canvas of the totals you'd end up with a mod that works for a particular map on that revolution only. Still it might be fun as hell to add some attainable levels.

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:42 am

Well, according the Dead City RPG post I made, it may be more complicated then that, but the old every 100 point system might be fun too.

MEAT

Post by MEAT » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:21 pm

BIOMECH wrote:I should have done this a long time ago...
I'm BIOMECH, I'm an experienced MH player
Well, there ya go...
We already knew all this...now tell us about yourself.
Who are you, what do you do in real life?
I see planes are big...you fly planes?

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:24 pm

Normally I keep with game details, but since you asked...

I'm 16 years old, living in Bath, England.
I have Aspergers Syndrome, which is a very mild Autism that causes me to become totally and completely devoted to a particular subject, finding out and knowing everything I can about it, then losing interest and doing something else.
I have an athletic build which is good for sprinting, climbing and balancing, but run of of energy quickly.
I also have a guinea pig called Rhuiri, he's very very cute.

Thank's to the community offered by you guys, my UT99 phase has gone on for so long I'm actually skilled at it :D
Last edited by BIOMECH on Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Tue May 26, 2009 12:08 pm

I think I've done this before on a previous topic, but since I can't remember it, well, welcome again Biomech. :)
Plain Old Telephone Service

-HellFire-

Post by -HellFire- » Tue May 26, 2009 12:21 pm

I also did it I remember but also, Welcome cow! :D

Scify

Post by Scify » Tue May 26, 2009 12:26 pm

Hello :shock:
" If I had a brain, I'd be dangerous!"