Feralidragon a.k.a. xXx (or {WINGS}xXx)

Please introduce yourself here. Follow the directions in the sticky named "Hermskii"
Feralidragon

Feralidragon a.k.a. xXx (or {WINGS}xXx)

Post by Feralidragon » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:51 pm

-------------- UT Side

Hello, I am Feralidragon (as known as {WINGS}xXx in the servers and in some clans), and I found this game in 2006, but I really started to play it more often at home in October 2007, when I got my first personal computer.

Well, one day I openned the Ued (in November 2007) and I closed it right after LOL (I was like: no way I can figure this out). But as what I like to do is create stuff of my own (something I was always doing since I was little with everything I could play: legos, the cereal boxes paper, etc), I checked it a bit better and started to discover how to map and code there in January 2008.

I did my first experiments on mapping (my first map was just a full edited CTF-Kosov, with lots of trains: underground, underwater, etc). It wasn't really nothing good xD
At the same time I did experiments on coding by joining elements of ChaosUT and U4E and creating my first set of weapons: Final Weapons. Another work I am not proud off, but that actually works very good, but that's all.
Then, most attention to my works by the UT community happenned when I presented in a YouTube video an experiment I did a usable massive nuclear explosion in UT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MaVtgD8fVo
Somewhat, even looking like a fry egg ready to eat (a honest opinion from my little bro LOL), people enjoyed it in a way I never imagined possible.
Then a new UT99 forum openned (ut99.org), and I joined it while it had only about 10 users or less. After 2 weeks the admin from there asked me to be a moderator and I accepted.

After that, I just kept working mostly on coding, and I did only a few set of maps (about 3 released). Thanks to some tutorials and some Creavion's tips and honest criticism (a moderator from ut99.org, and also a mapper), I could evolve a bit in mapping, but I still I am very far away to do great looking maps as I see from some mappers, as you can see (making order):
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHsQwbPvo0g
- http://www.ut99.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=867
- http://www.ut99.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1291

So then, I did my first true weapon pack, the very first version of Nali Weapons:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBE5kUWoM_k
After this, Creavion asked me to do a whole new pickup system for the 2nd CMP of ut99.org. And I accepted, so while the community is doing and finishing their amazing maps, I was doing the custom pickup pack at my very best. This pack, still in TBD, is turning out great thanks to the excellent mappers there:
http://www.ut99.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1449

Thanks to the development of the new pickups pack, I learned lots of things by myself in coding. So, I thought a bit and I gave a shot in a whole new weapon pack for UT: the Nali Weapons II.
The truth is, when I started it, I never modelled in 3D before than when mapping in Ued, as I never built a custom skin from scratch before. So, all custom models from the pack (weapons included) were my very first try in the 3D modelling, effects and skins, and that's why the weapons are fun to play, but not that good visually. And honestly, modelling is not my strenght, neither skinning. Still, people enjoyed the trailer, and the weapons theirselves, having only the biggest problem: performance.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo1HoD5u3es

Now, I made the big mistake of having too many projects depending on me running at the same time, so therefor I am actually working in:
- a new ctf map for RX/NX
- the xpickups pack
- nali weapons ii fixes and so
- a whole new NX jet, missile, launcher, etc for my clan

What I want really want to do is a big SP mappack with an original story for UT, telling a quite different story of nali and the rest of the Unreal world. So my first step is this new weapon pack (I guess some of you wondered the why of the name Nali Weapons, now you know why), so I want to finish the other projects ASAP. A big problem here is still lack of experience and skills to do a good single player mappack with a good story, but that's why I am doing new maps and mods all the time to get more experience and try to do at least a playable mappack by then.

-------------- RL Side

Well, my true name is Cláudio, I live in Portugal, and I am 20 years old (done this month). My dream is becoming a good professional coder someday, not only for games, but for any kind of software.
I kinda practice in UT what I want to do in the future, winning experience through the UT coding, while trying also keep this game alive producing something new.
I am a professional in electronic, I am waiting to actually start the course that will give me the ability to fullfill my professional side dreams.
Since I was little I like to create stuff, as I imagine it. I had some imagination when I was little, but now I am lacking on it, still I do my best.
About hobbies, besides the geek/gamer side (LOL), I do other normal things also, except going to discos, since I really don't like the environment there, I really don't (I know, it's weird, but that's the way I am). Besides that, everything normal around here.

Other than that, I think there isn't much more to say.

Sorry if I was boring in my intro LOL

*POTS*

Re: Feralidragon a.k.a. xXx (or {WINGS}xXx)

Post by *POTS* » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:23 pm

Welcome and congratulation for your cool weapons. 8)
Plain Old Telephone Service

Scify

Post by Scify » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:54 pm

Welcome to Forum.
That wasn't boring.
Never give up on your Dreams!!!!!!!!!!!!

I try out your weapons
8) 8) 8)

I'm about my bad grammar. :oops: :oops: :oops:

I think I play with you. I go by <SRA>Scify
SRA stand for Schwantz's Redeemer Arena
" If I had a brain, I'd be dangerous!"

Hermskii
Site Admin
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by Hermskii » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:13 pm

And now we say hello to Feralidragon. It's a special treat to have him as a member here simply because of all that he brings to the UT community. He sorta reminds me of Hook. He does it his way and wants to share what he does with everyone! That's how I like to do it too come to think of it. LOL

With some Feralidragon and some of the other recent "powerhouse" contibutors to UT joining here at this forum I have a warm and fuzzy feeling about many things to come to "THIS" community.

We now have serveral Server Admins, Mappers, Modders, Players, Cheaters (MEAT) LOL and one of my personal favorites....a coder by the name of ScottyD who seems to bring it on better and faster than anyone I've seen to date. My point is with people like Feralidragon and others I can't begin to explain how excited I am for this place and all of UT for that matter! Thanks and Welcome to the Show!
~Peace~

Hermskii

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:25 am

Hi {WINGS}xXx),

Greetings from me, and welcome here :)

the Nali Weapons II mod is a awesome in manny words, and was
a very welcome solution for my second MH server.. wich is
now runnin overhere.. :wink:

Hope u bring us more good work in the near future, thnx !

Greetzz

KB

-HellFire-

Post by -HellFire- » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:34 am

Hello, welcome to the forum xXx.
Good to see you was on the server yesterday :mrgreen:

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:59 pm

Happy Birthday! Gawd I wish I was still that young. I really hope you had one of the best days ever. Peace!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Feralidragon

Post by Feralidragon » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:01 am

Thanks Hermskii :D :mrgreen: