gopostal

Please introduce yourself here. Follow the directions in the sticky named "Hermskii"
gopostal

ScottyD

Post by gopostal » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:43 pm

How about an updated pics thread. Not just what you look like but maybe some info you feel comfortable sharing about where you live.

I'll start. Heck I'd post my home phone number, I don't care.

Me on a longboard. It was one of those really good days. You know what I mean, the ones that you remember that day for a long time. That's my boss in the background. We paddled out past the set and you could hear the migrating Blue whales singing when the surf would quiet some. As close to perfect as a day can be.

Mrs. D:

Marry a fine southern gal. You'll be glad you did.

The waves were crashing ahead of a low pressure storm system coming in. Sprays would go maybe 70-80 feet in the air and sound like a heavy mortar shell when the surge slammed into the wall. We go there a lot in the winter to watch the waves when it does that.

and finally:
This is low tide. Mile after mile of shoreline looks just like this. Postcard perfect views everywhere.

Killer Klownz

Re: Here's looking at you kid...

Post by Killer Klownz » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:09 pm

hhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm . . . this will work for Klownz. Klownz will be taking scuba lessons this fall (for eventual trip over to Truk Lagoon). Will be able to sneak up underneath you and telefrag you for practice . . . . and Klownz married a Northern girl . . . .
Evil is obvious only in retrospect.

Hermskii
Site Admin
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by Hermskii » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:45 pm

I am Open Water PADI certified and love scuba diving. My first dive was 90 ft. It was awesome and maybe I'll dig up some old diving pictures. My favorite place to dive was actually in Cuba though I've been to several other places already.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Killer Klownz

Post by Killer Klownz » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:58 pm

Hermskii wrote:I am Open Water PADI certified and love scuba diving.

If you like to wreck dive then you are more than welcome to come with Klownz to Truk . . . .
Evil is obvious only in retrospect.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:24 pm

Thanks but No. I am not certified for wrecks or caves and never intend to be. I'd swim the outside of them but you'd never catch me going in one.
~Peace~

Hermskii

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:41 pm

Cave/wreck diving is like hang gliding or skydiving. Just figure it out as you go along. What's the worst that could happen?

I got my BCD tangled in a mess of monofilament one time at a local bass lake. Had to actually shed it in the water to get at the octopus to cut the line without worrying about nicking the hoses. That did it for me. I sold all my gear and I couldn't tell you if I even have my C card any more. Once bitten, there won't be a twice. I'm a full-on sissy.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:51 pm

Exactly! One time while open water diving at about -100 ft I suddenly determined I had no air left. I couldn't go for the surface or I'd get bent. Thank God I used the buddy system. I tapped my tank frantically. My partner came to me fast. I showed him my empty gage and his eyes bulged! He gave me his octopus and we immediately made our safety ascent. I think we had to stop 3 times up and ran out of air on the last one and had to go up the last atmosphere earlier than suggested. We were both OK but had I not noticed my low air 5 minutes sooner I would have lived but been bent badly I suspect. My partner was a professional underwater diver who normally dove -300ft on Nitrox and slept in atmosphere bells to get the nitro out as he ascended. He never just scuba dived.

He and I used to use his ultralight hat to fix sub-pumps in lakes at golf courses here in Houston. Easy money and fun too. Just put it on and walk into the water with jeans and a shirt. Head mounted lights and a microphone to talk through. Never more than 30' deep so you could bail at anytime for any reason and not get bent. The worst thing though was getting shocked while underwater torch cutting screens off the intakes of the pumps. Sucks worse getting electrocuted underwater than in your kitchen. What sucks more is you know it's coming. You feel static like sensation building on your arm then pow!
~Peace~

Hermskii

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:32 pm

ScottyD wrote:What's the worst that could happen?
Drowning?
Running out air and dying?
Being crushed by the pressure because you went too far down?
Being crushed by the pressure because you went up too fast?
Being crushed by the place you were exploring falling on you?
Being slimed by a Slith?

Yeah,...I leave the diving to BIOMECH and let my human form stay riiiight here.

MEAT

Post by MEAT » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:23 pm

My turn for a pic or two...
One of my passions is mountain biking. And luckily I live in an area that
has some great trails. And I also married a Southern girl...Southern Japan that is.
But don't ask me to speak Japanese...all I know are swear words...lol
Here is the wife and I on a casual ride.
Damn I have a nice bike.
Man are my legs white...

Hey my coast looks like ScottyD's...Carmel/Monterey is just a beautiful place to live.
We live about 5 min from this trail along side the ocean.
The hills in the background are where we were biking.

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:10 am

Wow MEAT that looks just like home! This is one of the first pictures I ever took when we moved here:

When I saw your last pic, I thought immediately of it. Those are some nice rides you got there too. Good bikes cost a small ransom. You got it made man. A pretty wife who lets you play UT all you want. What more could a man want?

Fuzz_Ball

Post by Fuzz_Ball » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:54 am

AWW!
Love that Pacific Coast!
You guys are lucky to live up there!

So, MEAT, I thought you had a black anodized face in real life, too!! :P

Fuzz_Ball

Post by Fuzz_Ball » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:00 am

Here I am hangin around with the girls:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:57 am

Seperated at birth?:

Giggity giggity...alllriiiiight

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:14 pm

Great pictures folks. Thanks so much for sharing! It really is a thrill for me to see some of you in real life pictures and stuff. For some reason I thought MEAT would be bigger. You know how they always say that when they meet legends and say I always imagined you to be so much bigger. I'll make sure my wife never sees this thread cuz she would just hate me more for us living here if she saw pics like those. I can go and take a picture of a ditch by my house or may a big cement boyou if you want. LOL.
~Peace~

Hermskii

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:31 pm

If it makes you feel better, living here comes with a price. We have one wal mart, one (small) mall, no Olive Garden, no Fridays, no real shopping at all. Any sort of civilization is a 2.5 hour drive (one way) to Eugene. It's a good place to raise kids though, the remoteness keeps out undesireables.

I'd guess my wife would LOVE the opportunity to see some real shopping like where you live.