TheOverLord

Please introduce yourself here. Follow the directions in the sticky named "Hermskii"
TheOverLord
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

TheOverLord

Post by TheOverLord » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:18 pm

I guess I forgot to fill out the "about me" part for new members. First off, I hate this keyboard. No that I have that off my chest...

I live near Detroit, Mi. USA. I'm 42. I have a degree in Computer animation and modeling and graphic design. (That was awhile ago. so my knowledge is out of date) I worked at RedStorm Ent. for awhile and was a tester for the original Ghost Recon. I've been a PC tech for the last 15 years. Mostly hardware and Windows builds and repairs kinda stuff.

As for UT, I only play UT99. I've been playing it on and off since it was released. I don't run a lot of mods or anything. Just some good ole' DM or CTF with friends. I do love to make maps when I have the time. I'll post some and you all can give em a shot. I run my own server out of my house. It's nothing fancy. It's just a central point for myself and a few friends to play on. You're all welcome to log in and play if you want. It's pretty much just a vanilla server with some extra maps and stuff. I'm still learning the server side aspect of the game. I do love some UT99 and really enjoy tinkering with UnrealED.

Ultimately I'd like to find a good group of cool and interesting people to create content with or somehow improve the game in any way that I can. I'm also interested in adding to the server pool to keep the game alive and well.

If someone has any questions that they feel I might have knowledge in, feel free to ask. I like helping people and I like UT. Please be respectful to me and I'll return the favor.

Questions? Comments? Maps? Let's do it!

-Darrin
aka TheOverLord <-- that's actually an inside joke that just kinda stuck.

**copied from my post at Hooks**

Hermskii
Site Admin

Re: TheOverLord

Post by Hermskii » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:16 pm

Welcome welcome!

I think you may have just stumbled across the best UT find of your life then based on what you wrote above. I'm thrilled to have you hear and I'm sure HOOK feels the same there. It doesn't matter which forum you hang at being we are both part of a larger family of forums. Great intro too by the way.

Married? Kids? Dogs or cats? Motorcycles and or bikes? Beer? Pizza? Mountain Dew. Religion? politics? Cook? Tell us more when you get the time. What part of Detroit? From Texas it sounds like it is a nightmare there. True?
~Peace~

Hermskii

TheOverLord

Post by TheOverLord » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:12 am

Hermskii wrote:Welcome welcome!

I think you may have just stumbled across the best UT find of your life then based on what you wrote above. I'm thrilled to have you hear and I'm sure HOOK feels the same there. It doesn't matter which forum you hang at being we are both part of a larger family of forums. Great intro too by the way.

Married? Kids? Dogs or cats? Motorcycles and or bikes? Beer? Pizza? Mountain Dew. Religion? politics? Cook? Tell us more when you get the time. What part of Detroit? From Texas it sounds like it is a nightmare there. True?
:) I'm thinking the same thing! I'm feeling pretty lucky have found this place, for sure. I've looked around a lot for a community that I fit into but have run into nothing but dead ends and abandoned sites. I'm pretty stoked to be here. I've already gotten to chat with a bunch of really awesome folks and learned quite a bit in a short time. I think I'll stick around, if ya don't mind :)

As for me personally, Not married. No kids. I like dogs and had a Bullmastiff named Tank, but now have a pretty awesome Ragdoll cat named Sky who is my lil' buddy. I may be more of a cat person, but generally like any animal. A 2005 Yamaha FZ6 with a few nice mods. Beer=IPA, all the way. Preferably very hoppy with strong cirtus note. And Scotch. I do love a good Scotch. I enjoy a nice crispy thin crust pizza. I'm flexible on toppings except for green peppers and mushrooms :) Green peppers are the work of the devil and mushrooms taste like a slimy sponge covered in dirt. Not that I've ever eaten a slimy sponge covered in dirt, but if I did I'm sure it would taste like a mushroom ;)

I'm not religious, but am respectful of everyone's belief systems. I may be considered spiritual in some way. I choose not to follow politics or take sides so to me all are equal. I don't mind cooking. Not much beats a delicious burger or good sandwich. I do have an obsession with Thai food and Indian food and have been known on occasion to whip up a tasty Pad Thai or Panang curry.

I live about 30 miles outside the heart of Detroit now. I grew up on 8 Mile, north side (I'm sure you've heard of that) and Detroit is every bit as bad as you've heard. I can't stand the place. Except for our Hockey team which I love (your Stars are awesome too, BTW). I'll put it this way, if I owned Hell and Detroit I'd live in Hell and rent out Detroit ;) Other than those things, I like classic cars and have had quite a few in my day. Now I'm down to a 71 VW Super Beetle and a 84 dodge ram with a 440/4 speed ready to drop in.

That pretty much sums it up other than my lame and outdated knowledge of UT, but I'm working on changing that. I'd like to be active in development in some capacity and not just lurk and ask a bunch of questions. I'm happy to help anyone if I have the knowledge to share. :)

Again, it's good to have found an active group of good people.

Dr.Flay

Post by Dr.Flay » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:47 pm

Hehe. yeah we were talking about the joy of bikes the other night.

BTW. Herm runs a nice unfussy ChaosUT server. You will have to be running the newest Chaos install 1.1 available from the official site.
http://chaoticdreams.org/chaosut/

Even if you are not a big fan of Chaos, you may find that using the pack gives you more scope for mapping.
You then have control of the choice of weapons, and you can even use the decos in normal games (check out the animated trees).
chaoticdreams.org - @TheChaosMod - Web IRChat - [url=irc://irc.quakenet.org/chaoticdreams]IRChat[/url]

TheOverLord

Post by TheOverLord » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:29 pm

Thanks for the info Dr. I'll have to check that out. I need to try out all the different mods at some point.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:06 pm

That was a great post. I wish everyone could just sit down and go like that. Well everyone but HOOK. His is usually a few pages longer? Where does he get the time? Even if he could type as fast as Kelly and I'm pretty sure Kelly is the fastest typist here some of HOOK's posts would take Kelly and hour at 1/2 speed/ LOL!

I was a Honda VFR guy for many years. I still love bikes but don't have any currently. I have a couple of dogs being Buddy the fixed boy Beagle and Sissy the fixed Pointer Mix female.

I do Budweiser, Margaritas and Jack and coke. I play a mean game of pool and my only old car is my own being a Camry with 285,000 miles on it I bought used back in 98. Still drives and looks great. I'm a former squid (Navy) and a diehard Catholic Republican Texan! That alone should tell you more than you ever wanted to know. I'm retired and independently wealthy but I often lie in the beginning of sentences so in other words, I'm a 46 year old married working male with a awesome wife and 2 killer kids. I bought the house I grew up in after my mother died and the whole family is coming home in a few days for a yearly family get together. I can't wait. I hope God isn't a cat because i was really bad to cats in my youth before I came to understand and love them.

That's all for now. I don't have anything else anyways. Chaos game mod is fun! There! I said it! I wish the spell checker worked here and it does in IE by the way.
~Peace~

Hermskii

TheOverLord

Post by TheOverLord » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:16 am

Thanks :) I'm not a bad shot on the ole' table myself. I currently have a 9' Olhausen and a 8' American Heritage. I moved back home to help my ailing mom, so that's why we have 2 tables. The olehausen is too damn big to fit in our house so it's in pieces in the garage :(

I've always been a dirtbike kinda guy. The FZ6 is my first street bike, but it's perfect so I see no reason to switch. It's a sport touring bike so I'm plenty comfy on longer rides.

A Catholic, Navy, Repulican Texan?!?! I hope I never make you upset lolz!!!

You sound like you have a pretty decent life going there, bud. Congrats. And you love UT! Not a bad bag. Cats are indeed super cool. Mine is 17.5 lbs of dude cat. He's a good boy.

Speaking of beers, I have a joke for you...

Three guys walk into a bar. First guy says "I'll have a Bud". Second guy says "I'll have a Miller". Third guy says " I'll have a Milk". The other two look at him and say "A Milk? Why ya drinking Milk?" The guy responds " We'll, I figured if you guys weren't drinking beer I wouldn't either!" :)

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:50 am

I never have anything good to say for these.
:mrgreen:
...uhm... Hi.

TheOverLord

Post by TheOverLord » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:15 pm

EvilGrins wrote:I never have anything good to say for these.
:mrgreen:
...uhm... Hi.
HI! I didn't think that I did either, so I just rambled on. I mostly just answered questions that Hermskii asked. So, in reality, he deserves all the credit for my post :)

Terraniux

Post by Terraniux » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:24 pm

The more people come over to Hermskii's, the better I'd say.

Welcome! :D

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:13 pm

Rambling here is GOOD! Keep it up.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hook
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:49 am

Terraniux wrote:The more people come over to Hermskii's, the better I'd say.

Welcome! :D
Ah So!
Welcome to Hermskii's House!
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777