Wanted: Good Map Maker

Post all mapping and skinning related content here!
Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: Wanted: Good Map Maker

Post by Hermskii » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:53 pm

Wait. I did the mod when I was using Monster Spawn on CG. I set it to spawn monsters but people could kill them too easy and get a frag for them so I then made a .u file that reclassed all of the monsters that Monster Spawn would have normally pulled into the game to pull my super-monsters in instead. The modworked perfectly but the players hated getting hunted by monsters. I used all of the flying monsters like flies, cave mantas, and warlords so that they could get to any player no matter where they were! LOL it still makes me laugh thinking about it!
~Peace~

Hermskii

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:55 pm

Killer Klownz wrote:Been thinking about having a custom signature map made for my server. It will be of course a circus. Anybody up for the task? Compensation for time of course . . . .
You may start with the music: the Benny Hill Show main theme. (it's redirected here)
Plain Old Telephone Service

MEAT

Post by MEAT » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:09 pm

Time to get back on point.
Anyone know where KK can find a map builder?
Off hand I've seen a lot of map builders here...www.unrealplayground.com
Or dissect what maps you have now for map builder names.
I also know a couple map builders that built maps for me.
I will email you with there addresses.

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:53 pm

I'm kinda between projects. Shoot me an ideas package and I'll see what I can do. Give me general size, layout, stuff like that.

I'm thinking some pretty good audio scripting could go into this. Maybe a carnival barker shouting taunts when someone dies, animal sounds from the cages, a crowd that roars on scores.

MEAT

Post by MEAT » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:49 am

ScottyD wrote:I'm kinda between projects. Shoot me an ideas package and I'll see what I can do. Give me general size, layout, stuff like that.

I'm thinking some pretty good audio scripting could go into this. Maybe a carnival barker shouting taunts when someone dies, animal sounds from the cages, a crowd that roars on scores.
I like the ideas...and how about a food vender shouting "MEAT on a Stick".
Thought I'd say it before someone else did.

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:45 am

There are a bunch of neat little things that could be done. I like audio additions because they really set a mood. Most maps have good visuals but they skip on the audio. If you are standing near a kiosk selling meat on a stick you should hear sizzling along with the barker. Stuff like that.