MH-SevenTests{MHM}

Post all mapping and skinning related content here!
-SuPreMe-
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
NoMoreSpam: Silver

MH-SevenTests{MHM}

Post by -SuPreMe- » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:55 pm

Me and Hellfire have been working on this for a while now and here it is.
A Godz style map with each area themed differently and a different monster in each area.

Map should be ready by tonight for beta testing on the test server.

Some parts i made:

and some parts HellFire made:
-------.[ ]
---- -//|::|\\
----////| .|\\\\ <- 2 times the arms 2 times the awesomeness!
-------||||
-------||||
------..< >
{MHM}

BIOMECH

Re: MH-SevenTests{MHM}

Post by BIOMECH » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:30 pm

Bloody...Hell... :shock:

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:36 pm

It is quite good. They seem to have skipped upwards a few levels in skillsets. Very nice.

Blood Asp

Post by Blood Asp » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:38 pm

1 thing i will say is that the BT Section just looks like a load of crappy cubes... Sorry to say... If you would like some good advice take a look in MH-Andromeda-Ancient. That map uses many cubes in its BT Section but has a nice amount of stuffs around the areas outside the BT.

Also to the BT, it just looks like cubes are in the air for no reason, again check Andromeda. Give it some mystical magic feeling to it, atm it just looks like a swamp room with blocks in the air obviously unreal junk.

More positive notes for it, Gotta say its better than any work i seen from you guys before. It does certainly look like you pulled some stuff out the bag for this

Another few criticisms for you to take in: Try to make the textures flow, Take the house made by Supreme, It goes Bricky then suddenly woody... Little bit dodgy to look at taking in texture flow.

Another small thing for both of you is Try to use some more trims around, Ancient maps especially, Ancient maps are made for trim. you can use many sorts of trim from the Shanechurch.utx to Ancient.utx packages, to skycity.utx. Just throw Trims everywhere you can, give it that nice glow to people's eyes when they are playing it.

But again a very nice effort from you both and i hope to see more good stuff from you in the future, and can't wait to test out the gameplay of this map when it is finalized :)

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:12 am

It's up on the testserver. If there are any problems, leave me a note. I'll be working late next couple of days catching up from the holiday.

-HellFire-

Post by -HellFire- » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:22 pm

Final version download link!!!
http://www.mediafire.com/?gj5zmmtwdjy

IF U NEED MORE FILES, PM ME OR REPLY WITH A POST.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:43 pm

[criticism]
1 - I think the teleporters need Monster Blockers: I've been chased by Spinners in the main room and Sliths in the Brutes' corridor; I've also telefragged that NaliBarKeeper by accident cause it was in the middle of a teleporter;

2 - Creature Factories need Counters IMO, unless you've set them to spawn an infinite amount of monsters;

3 - There's a tight beam in the SuperShockRifle BT room where I keep on falling down, I think it takes a side dodge to pass through, but it's so darn small that I made it only once out of 50 attempts I think (see ScreenShot #1);

4 - There's an Amplifier in the middle of the Brutes' Hall, what am I supposed to do in order to get it? I've tried with a double shockjump and I failed. Is there a hidden translocator/teleporter? (see ScreenShot #2)

5 - Found a small BSP error at the entrance of the Titans' Hall, not a big deal though (see ScreenShot #3)

6 - The map still requires the following custom packages:
* Castle.utx
* Mayhem.umx
* Nali.umx
[/criticism]

Overall it's a good map, I like the lighting, the ambient sounds, the music; it really looks a step forward if compared to your early maps. Keep up the good work.

ScreenShot #1

ScreenShot #2

ScreenShot #3
Plain Old Telephone Service

-SuPreMe-

Post by -SuPreMe- » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:32 am

Thnx for the critisms

The BT is suppose to be hard that side dodge aint that difficult your just dodging too erly if ur missing it.

I dont know about the AMP, HellFire made that part i think its suppose to be obtained with tloc or maby theres a hidden teleporter.

I dont fully know wat that is in the titan arena but i dont think its a BSP error it just looks like a buggy texture, I made a Invasion version of that arena called DM-StarGodsArena and the texture is fine in that version.

As for required files, thats your job POTS :mrgreen: but you havent been around.

EDIT:
Ill Made the BT easier now the bar is now longer and can even be done with a front dodge.

Ive added a Kicker at the base of 1 of the poles so u can now run into it and get boosted up

Ive fixed the Buggy texture BSP thingy, well i think i have anyway i tested it in single player and it was no longer there, if it still apears online then i have no idea wat it is.

Also ive included the extra files that are needed and renamed the map with the ' at the end of the name to get rid of mismatches i hope this charactor is ok to use online.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=f8ca ... f6e8ebb871
-------.[ ]
---- -//|::|\\
----////| .|\\\\ <- 2 times the arms 2 times the awesomeness!
-------||||
-------||||
------..< >
{MHM}

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:29 pm

Well done Supreme, great job. :wink:

[Edit]
I've re-uploaded the whole map, now the ZIP archive includes also the compressed UZ files for redirect:

http://rapidshare.com/files/278315462/M ... _.zip.html

It's up to Hermskii now. :mrgreen:
Plain Old Telephone Service

Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Post by Hermskii » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:18 pm

Has it been retested though? What if certain fixes broke other things. I hate putting maps on the same week or even month they are released. I'd bet money that if we look at it close again we'll find more to get right first.

If POTS gives me one more thumbs up on this map even if he does it in 5 minutes from now I'll upload it. I wish I could send every map through NAMELESS ENTITY and POTS and a few others for testing and the final OK before I put them on the server.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Blood Asp

Post by Blood Asp » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:29 pm

Hey Herm, Maybe it is worth assigning a special Map Testing Team for maps which could have their own forum/Topic part thing or something with infos on maps that need testing And then can be tested on go's test server or whatever... Just an idea for u to take into consideration.

Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Post by Hermskii » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:32 pm

Damn it EA_Elemental that is an awesome idea my friend. Let me grind on it for a bit but I'll say lets do it already.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Blood Asp

Post by Blood Asp » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:49 pm

:P Skaarj alwayz got teh ideazz :lol:

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:29 am

I joined the testserver and found myself alone in SevenTests.
So, I turned on some ONP music and decided to have a look around.
Apparently, someone had been there before me and alot of the areas were empty, but I didn't care, I was enjoying the scenery. It was all looking good until I found the enemies.

1: a couple of Skaarj Scouts respawning over and over again, and I was just about to give up when they finally stopped coming.
2: In the next area, I meet some Behemoths, who endlessly respawn. :|
3: I get bored and see what the titan part is like.
4: There I find some respawning titans who kill me. :|
5: Pissed off with these people, I try for the insta,
6: Leaving my trans beacon behind me like a save game feature, I slowly work my way up by trial and error. :)
7: I then find a place where I can't leave a beacon anywhere, so I lose ALL my progress when I melt. :evil:
8: Annoyed now, I skip a few chunks by translocating, after all, I've done them already.
9: I then find a place where even though I can clearly see my trans beacon lying there, It teleports me to the lava, TWICE. :roll:
10: Now angry, I force myself to calm down and I go to grab the redeemer, (no trans used at all) to shoot the big titan with it. I then pour ripper blades into his head for a few minutes before he and his eternal minions finally get me. :shock:
11: I then leave. :|

Yay for endless respawns, megatough bosses, overhard BT and glitches!

The map itself is great work, but the BT and monsters are just annoying.

-HellFire-

Post by -HellFire- » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:15 am

#1, It's not meant as an easy, singleplayer map.
It's for more people.
#2, the BT isn't ''overhard''.
Me and supreme tested it a few times and it's doable.