Just curious...

Post all mapping and skinning related content here!
Nelsona
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Just curious...

Post by Nelsona » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:17 pm

As I noticed in more mapping topics from a bunch of forums, nobody asked help for a MonsterHunt map designed close to Assault technology. Hey, don't get me wrong, you have to defend this time not to attack. A mountain of maps has only a purpose after 10 years of MH and almost 13 of UT: player go to hunt monsters to reach at end. What if this time you are just defending and monsters are attacking ? Heh ? I listen...

PS_1:
UT99 has build in Monster Attacker Technology, 100 times easier to be done than Bot Support from any game. Monsters are trained to simple but right in point jobs. Need help for this ? Good. You make geometry and subject, and I'll do monster attack.

PS_2:
Maybe some admins want a camper MH version :D ? Everybody know DM Camper game. Will be a tragedy if we have MH camping ? I guess nobody will get hurt, just a bit killed by monsters. So what ?

*POTS*

Re: Just curious...

Post by *POTS* » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:51 am

MH-LostSouls kind of fulfilled that: towards the end of the map you had to protect a bunch of friendly mercs from an angry mob of skaarjs.

I said "kind of" cause the map had cut scenes and stuff that don't work well online so it was stuck half of the times; the other half it was dumb players killing all the mercs ignoring the warnings.

Guess it's just easier to kill 1 million pupaes stored in a cubic room.
Plain Old Telephone Service

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:06 pm

That's right, but Lost Souls doesn't works well with "attached MHs" works only in original (that's why I asked for an assumed version 6). In fact Lost Souls is a kind of assault combined with defences, also this map I'm not 100% agree with it, Merc is a TeamCannon class, indeed ignored by bots in MH but I don't want to see if a Merc is killing more monsters won't freeze server due to replication and scoring problems :P. This time I want to see if a mapper can do only defence and using only Monsters not other pawns harmfull for MH. Simple example: 3 waves of monsters are attacking Player Base coming from behind of a mountain or some Monster Base (not mutator named MonsterBase). Need to defend yourself against monster attack, after this mission map is simple ending. Heavy ? I don't think so... because I already tested this technology in a CTF map modified and works. I didn't wasted too much time adding different things related when a player is killed but as a fact to be noticed, UT has built in support for such action but nobody seems to get this ideea...

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:41 pm

Bump
Nelsona wrote:UT has built in support for such action but nobody seems to get this ideea...
Chickens !???
Lo Wang wrote: Go, live in fear...

Dr.Flay
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by Dr.Flay » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:33 pm

Oh, you missed Defence Alliance then ?
http://www.moddb.com/mods/defence-alliance
chaoticdreams.org - @TheChaosMod - Web IRChat - [url=irc://irc.quakenet.org/chaoticdreams]IRChat[/url]

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:05 pm

Speaking about MH - I totally missed.

Speaking about that Alliance I'm curious and I'm wander why I couldn't see servers hosting it since looks old.
Wait a few mins I'm coming with logs soon :mrgreen: .

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:56 pm

No, thanks, log is spam, weapons are crappy - why weren't added spoons and forks against troopers with grenades ? Is just another mess ... aaand crashed OpenGL. 0 servers ON-LINE. On advanced difficulty is insane unbalanced, I did not dared to try GodLike. They kill me with one shoot and I had to fire a lot of bullets to kill two. Next ... reload ... waste 3-4 seconds and during this time you are lost. No safe spot to spawn in some maps - great strategy. For me this deserve 0 attention.

For such a game I guess I have to recode a controller and to try some drawing skills. Last time I found 0 candidates in supporting new kinda game INTEGRATED in UT not outside.