When Event Hit Tag

Post all mapping and skinning related content here!
Nelsona
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

When Event Hit Tag

Post by Nelsona » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:30 am

I found a map modified for a better look. Who triggered me a bit nasty ?

Two teleporters with a TAG. One active, one inactive. Hiting that Tag with EVENT should make them to switch activity. First active to be inactive, and second inactive to be active, placed very, very close.

This thing happened once creating a shortcut, but later were switched back ruining shorcut. Well, I looked in actors to see which EVENT is performing shorcuting and I found nothing (even I checked for Dispatcher and also in ThingFactories to see if some monsters won't ruin teleporters. Nothing ! Just another kind of event:

Code: Select all

Critical: FCollisionHash::ActorLineCheck
Critical: CheckWithActors
Critical: ULevel::MultiLineCheck
Critical: ULevel::Trace
Critical: ULevel::FindSpot
Critical: ULevel::FarMoveActor
Critical: UObject::ProcessEvent
Critical: (FavoritesTeleporter MH-RebuildedToBringErrorsAgain.FavoritesTeleporter0, Function Engine.Teleporter.Touch)
Critical: TouchTo
Critical: AActor::BeginTouch
Critical: ULevel::MoveActor
Critical: APawn::physWalking
Critical: APawn::performPhysics
Critical: AActor::Tick
Critical: TickAllActors
Critical: ULevel::Tick
Critical: (NetMode=0)
Critical: TickLevel
Critical: UGameEngine::Tick
Critical: UpdateWorld
Critical: MainLoop
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Exit: Executing UWindowsClient::ShutdownAfterError
Exit: UGalaxyAudioSubsystem::ShutdownAfterError
Log: DirectDraw End Mode
Exit: UD3D9RenderDevice::ShutdownAfterError
Exit: Exiting.
Uninitialized: Name subsystem shut down
This beautifull crash happened in a local test-game. I added some Bots to help me, I couldn't notice some collision with a Bot (Bots might telefrag other Bot or Player in this case). I didn't have time to check in detail because game crashed very interesting.

Such a remake to gain popularity is amusing me especially when is about maps without votes, and suddenly somebody think is cool to rebuild a remake without to see important things wrong done and soon delivering the same results. Even inventory from map was messed adding another ammo-type than ammo used by weapons from start area, is like adding RocketCan for PulseGuns, LOL.

Nelsona

Re: When Event Hit Tag

Post by Nelsona » Wed May 29, 2013 5:03 pm

The Tag and The Event - they are part of MH mapping with a single problem, UNDERSTANDING of their purpose. A friend works hard to fix things (I'm not interested about trash maps) because somebody had a dumb ideea to make a monster to trigger another monster from the same class because is unable to understand how is acting this attitude soup making a stupid engine load forcing some handlers to work against themselves.

Creature Factory is spawning craps (oops pawns) having some Event. This event is exactly as Factory Tag. Why ? This is the only way to have them counted by a Counter. If such a freak spawns with this Tag, Other monster killed will do a trigger to monster fresh spawned forcing it to a null hate - default monster killed is not respawning (yeah, read again). This is not welcomed, even a monster small as a louse might lock down a server with a bad attitude code. A bit of UScript is always recommended before to upload "maps" in spamming Hosts blacklisted. Nobody has time to check that LOG during a small local test, right ? Get lost !

Nelsona

Re: When Event Hit Tag

Post by Nelsona » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:35 pm

Bump? Not very...

I was wrapping stuff as follows:
- MH maps and other maps for different game-types with good Bot Support and good things in a normal folder - this is because daughter wants to play and I'm not always there to sort good stuff;
- Less maps folder having crappy cubes or trashes only with 0 logic.

Looking into evil place I was interested to recover some stuff. I was triggered by "remakes" prototype AS-HighSpeed ported into MH 2 times (or more if I'm not wrong). this map suffered a lot based on some idiotic travel through editors in purpose to be ported to MH.
Results:
- Bot support ruined nice making map a to be a nothing;
- The Link between Counter(s) and CreatureFactory(ies) is a myth there - dude, please format all your HDD-s will be a bless for UT;
- Placement of pickups is proving a dumb addiction to UTJ series known for their troubles and less fixes making things more messed than in original;
- TeamTriggers ??? What teams ?? Did I lost something at MH ???
- Barrels with 0 content but 1000 hp - What's the point ?
- Movers ? No need more comments.

The question(s): Why × 100 times ? Tag vs Event seems a hard deal for people with I.Q. lover than 40 anyway so I'm guessing a monkey can do a better thing in here. I used my 10 I.Q. to slap down that mess into a better thing, good for a nice MH play in Bot company. Else I have to hunt a more real train noise to gain a more realistic train assault better than in original AS map not worst. If Epic did pathing I did not understood why was a need to be deleted? Answer: OUR mapper is lost in A.I. subject. Yeah, even LeglessKrall used by the same "expert" is monkeying in a really pointless way. One of my hot fixes from my MH is removing the deal with useless craps which aren't fighting and just dying without logic.
Another more version if is wanted will be posted in here if still any MH players are going to request it. We also can debate others - Bot support also included when is possible, no discrimination.

Thank you !