To nelsona and Evilgrins, need help.

Post all mapping and skinning related content here!
Terraniux
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

To nelsona and Evilgrins, need help.

Post by Terraniux » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:05 pm

Are you two interested in a small job?
Since I'm no hero at botpathing and/or the a.i. side of CTF and DM and you 2 are 'THE' experts at this aspect of mapping I was wondering you could me with a task. Would like any of you, or perhaps both, could do the botpathing and pickup placement for me (a.i. )? It's for the map I am creating for Chamberly. I want this to be a perfect CTF map, that's mainly used for SIEGE, and CTF at it's core and perhaps other gamemodes. So if I make the basic layout (architecture, lighting and sounds 'n stuff, could you help me with the a.i?
Edit: It needs teleporters too. I've already made spots for it.

Maybe if I see how you guys do this, this might improve my MH map making skill as well.
Here is the refering topic
http://hooksutplace.freeforums.org/view ... aa4ba455df

Regards Terraniux.

Nelsona

Re: To nelsona and Evilgrins, need help.

Post by Nelsona » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:42 pm

T... ummm, if you did not know I wanna tell you something. I was totaly amazed by AfterDark (I think you know it, right ? :mrgreen: ). For my personal fun I put some love (is not fully updated yet), Only in my local play I can enjoy Bot party because they help me a lot, If you wanna see some cute work for MH we can discuss in private some parameters... else you can check "such revision" and we can speak about missing things.

I have a few news that can be MyLevel-ed and they are totaly changing MH rules - including default MH. My mod is a bit reworked but were a few troubles related to breaking Bot in MH not very possible to be solved in mod. NOW IS SOLVABLE DIRECTLY IN MAP. If you have some "empty" map, just describe the action and let's see what can do a Bot.

Terraniux

Post by Terraniux » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:54 pm

Yes I am surely proud on this one:

And really like to see what you changed in it, to make it even better.
Your mod as well.

Before we discuss this further I wait what EvilGrins has to say on this first, hope he's in.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:08 am

Until EG to see what can do, Let's check what is recommended (I have a few changes - I recalled them looking over video)
Starting with playerstarts up to end:
- absolute nothing changed at geometry;
- paths splited around statue(s) - statue(s) visible On-Line forever;
- two of these nodes around statues were changed with PathSwitchers prototype 2014;
- GRAB removed from movers and set to not break MH because they have holes which might cause a bad encroachment;
- ammo - spammy placement bugging paths - accelerated respawntime and removed useless ones bugging A.I.;
- 4 areas with pupaes - contains points for Bots, ammo spreaded - first guy should not get everything and the second nothing because the first got everything - editor claimed "too close" placement too - were properly distributed a bit. To do: Protect Bot's Waypoint against default racing by adding counters for TouchSwitcher(s) ? Maybe.;
- 2 ways at Krall Boss - added 2 PathSwitcher(s) to randomize attacking - added a TimedTrigger to help PathSwitchers (all 4 pieces);
- added a BlockedPath near Shortcut Teleporter - unlocked later at once with teleporter
- movers described;
- Skaarj Placement 2 in 1 has been modified to normal - removed BlockMonsters, Bot won't pass and I'm not interested to bug monsters;
- points added for crystals ordered for far visits crawling more in area - Need Bot_Runners for default MH ?;
- MonsterEnd - placed well around a path being last subject;
- with my version of MH map is now fully functional with Bots, for default MH I think is a need to remove a bit that crappy Bot race because Shrimp couldn't deal too much with A.I. But I have the technology for an Enhanced A.I. This techonology is ready even for Godz prototypes of maps (mappers with experience know what I'm saying). In default, if Bot visited his first objective, will try to go at next one ignoring first Boss still alive. In 2014 he cannot race if first Boss is not eliminated.
The Question: In such map or another is a need to block monster Vs monster fight right in map for default pure MH to achieve a better play ?

EvilGrins
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by EvilGrins » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:29 am

I'm not an expert in bot-pathing. I'm an enthusiast.

Haven't actually ever done it, though I keep meaning to.

Terraniux

Post by Terraniux » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:14 am

EvilGrins wrote:I'm not an expert in bot-pathing. I'm an enthusiast.

Haven't actually ever done it, though I keep meaning to.
Ok, clear.
Well there is a small problem now.
Chamberly has a specific person to do the a.i. work for her, which I was not aware of.
But I think if we can co-operate together we gonna rock that Siege a.i. , and perhaps Evil can do the general debugging / testing. I think this is a good plan. If Chamberly does not wish this, consider this topic as 'never posted'. Or we need to come up with a another solution. I'm sure we can work this out.

Edit: This could be a possible solution: We make two versions of it, a SIEGE version and a CTF version.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:35 pm

Yes, two versions might be good, but I did not understand a simple thing, what is so different in Siege pathing ? Is not A.I. leaded by Unreal Engine ? Need one two or three separate paths from a FlagBase to another one and also Defences, PlayerStarts, I did not study Siege game so I'm curious if AlternatePath has a purpose or not. Else for CTF I think I can randomize things better than in default. From my random curiosity I know that Siege can use the mostly CTF maps so ... CTF probably is the main chapter in here.

Terraniux

Post by Terraniux » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:00 pm

I've got the map in general completed. I will post the download link over on HUTP in the project topic, or a new topic since the main build is generally done. If there are things missing or to be added, please do tell. :wink:

Edit: Here are the refering topics:
http://hooksutplace.freeforums.org/hutp ... -f105.html