DM-Bionic (Bionic Eye)

Post all mapping and skinning related content here!
{S.o.W}DeathMask
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

DM-Bionic (Bionic Eye)

Post by {S.o.W}DeathMask » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:24 am

This is a small, but really complex DeathMatch futuristic themed map, studied for 1 on 1 mainly.

Its main feature is the possibility to exploit at the maximum the JumpBoots, making them almost essential to dominate on this map. Pickups are 2, so that both duellers can pick one each.

Another feature is the presence of a really dynamic skybox, which has multiple blue electric rings who light the external arena (feature shown in screenshots 1 and 2).

Now let's go for the description of the map.
Shot1.jpg
Screenshots 1 and 2 briefly describe what I anticipated in the intro. You can see the arena lit by the electric ring (Screenshot 1) and the light fading away as soon as the ring gets far (Screenshot 2).

In Screenshot 3 you can see why this arena is called "Bionic Eye": the blue circle and its white ring at the very center of it should represent an eye. it is also a very dangerous zone: it deals a great amount of damage should you fall into it.

Screenshot 4 shows the big room, right beneath the Eye. As you can see, Z-axis gameplay is featured, but not as much as in Pestilence.

Screenshot 5 shows some balconies (6 in total) and a long corridor (with bridge, so watch out for sudden Combos from everywhere) which ends to another balcony, at the very opposite side of the map.

Screenshot 6 shows another balcony, relatively empty, with one of the two JumpBoots pickup available. An easy way to the roof...so far.
Shot2.jpg
In Screenshot 7 there's another point of view of the big room, where you can expect many fierce fights. Watch out. At its very right there's the Armor room (Screenshot 8). Watch for it: it has only one way in, and only one way out. It's hard to get out from there untouched.

If you thought reaching the Armor was hard, you didn't see where I put the Shieldbelt (Screenshot 9): it's a very thin bridge, and high damage will be incoming unless you have boots with you and if the enemy doesn't push you outside the arena. In the background you can see the bridge I talked about in Screenshot 5, which has a UDamage, and another small bridge in the background. It has ThighPads. At the ground there's a corridor to the big room.

In screenshot 10 there's the corridor I just mentioned. There are few Health Vials that you can always rely on, as there's no big Keg O'Health.I might not exagerrate if I say this corridor is the most dangerous point of the entire map: if you get cornered in there, you can survive if you are extremely lucky or extremely strong. No other ways.

Screenshot 11 shows a little more why, instead, the Shieldbelt is so hard to reach. Let me remind you that on one side there are the bridges, on which you can land, if you're lucky, otherwise there's the ground (big damage); but on the other side there's a small balcony (bigger danger) if you're lucky, else you will get booted outseide (=death).

Hope you enjoyed watching these screenshots as much as I enjoyed making this map.

Download will be available soon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
{S.o.W}DeathMask, 9 times CWC UT2003, 1 time EMKTC.

My Restaurant - Pub2000