What ever happened to NaliCity?

Post all mapping and skinning related content here!
Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

What ever happened to NaliCity?

Post by Hermskii » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:34 pm

Does anyone have the exact answer? I recall when it was the place to go to get you maps reviewed and the place to pick maps for your server. It was a perfect model for this process I thought so what happened?
~Peace~

Hermskii

KellyD

Re: What ever happened to NaliCity?

Post by KellyD » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:03 pm

You ought to get the skinny from Leo. He's the resident U-Archivist. IIRC it was absorbed into BU when the site started to fizzle out. Hosting a review site is a lot of work and most aren't in it for the long haul.

On a related note it looks like BU is going to go it alone and not be affiliated with Atomic Gamer. It will be interesting to see what happens. I had some dealings with the guy that runs AG and he was absolutely fantastic. I wanted to get the OK to do a full grab of their SkinCity files and not only did he let me, he also packaged them for me to get easily and all at once. Class move.
Retired. Please email to contact.

Hook
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:05 am

Hook wrote:Well, as I said, the Nasty stuff started happening many years ago - that is when I left Nali City, at least until they quit that Nasty Flaming stuff there, but it had and has not, so I am still not going there all these years! :wink:
FYI - I think that Nali City was the second site I was a member at - the first being another site hosted by File Planet called *arg will fill in when I remember *
Then I think Hermskii came into the picture shortly after those 2 sites, for me. :D
FYI - in this post above, I was speaking about BU.
NaliCity virtually morphed into BU, or absorbed NC as KellyD said.

Yes, NaliCity WAS a great site, far better than BU would ever be, but as I and KellyD said, NaliCity became sloppy and nasty and fizzled.
I was one of the mapper group there and had my section, until it got out of hand and I left for good.
Too bad some had to ruin a great thing, eh?
As KellyD said, it took a lot of work, and along those lines, the staff there seemed to become incompetent and thought they were funny producing reviews for maps that were aimed at making the reviewer appear "funny" and had nothing to do with the map itself.
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:24 pm

There's places to still get the maps from NC, but the site itself is totally gone.