A MH work in progress

Post all mapping and skinning related content here!
Nelsona
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Re: A MH work in progress

Post by Nelsona » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:33 pm

Cough...
I was testing it (and other stuff by me) in other MH server (name is not relevant and neither mod used) but... eh, I forgot how are monsters toward player in default MH stage and such. They're chickening out running away and mainly being not such a big deal. Perhaps in future I have to setup a more "monster like" reaction toward player. Such a "no skill" difficulty is really ridiculous, I did not see any challenge in maps done before this one :| .

Hermskii
Site Admin
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by Hermskii » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:09 pm

And this is part of why everyone is so happy you are working to improve these things...
~Peace~

Hermskii

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:26 am

Is not about improvements. Related to 3072 map I could see complaints about dying and running too much for getting into last battle location - shortcuts in discussion - a map having 3072 UU supposed to be the smallest ever MH (in their dreams) map was now subject for a debate around tweaks with shortcuts :lol: . Two days ago when I was playing map in some of these super-duper servers I think I got some amnesia - I simply "forgot" to die (....), so in that case, any shortcut from any kind is not even needed. The question is how I could be dead since monsters were chickening out away from me and I could avoid their projectiles very easy firing my "inventory". Player with 2000 health (after stupid bonuses) facing a monster with 200-300 health can only make the monster to run away.

For these expert "admins" type knowledge, monster can detect player's power comparing its "relativestrength" and a "Rateself" featured quick analysis and do takes a decision to retreat when enemy is pretty stronger, because monster is not a smart pawn but is far from being retarded - depending on setup of course. The setup used nowadays probably will make me to change a bit things, more ambush oriented and power, because player has a lot of power for no reason, that is not MH what do they run there its just a no skill insanity and 0 fair gaming - you have everything and enemy has NOTHING.

I'm not surprised to see good mappers quitting mapping and all UT jobs as long as these fool admins can only make a mess and calling it DEVELOPMENT advertised with whistles and bells.
But I'm not worried, my playground stays normal regarding to what they do for their EMPTY "cool" servers... with XX MB packages to download before playing. Relax dudes, I'm not gonna be there too soon...

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:52 pm

I'm sorry I cannot resist to describe another scenario occurred ON-Line.
It's about saving energy :lol: so to speak ability to play MonsterHunt with monitor turned off saving a bit of electricity and laying in the same time (or not playing by real).
How does this go ?
See some map with Queens. Several mods will prevent insanity of teleporting so they won't react that much. Aim them with whatever SniperRifle from a long range at head, put weapon on automated fire, get hands from keyboard and mouse, turn off monitor, drink a coffee and just wait audible "headshot" message when freaky monster is dead - it's that simple. I gotta admit I was almost to sleep there...

Given these things/options I have to design my Levels properly for preventing such Play-NoPlay type...

EvilGrins
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by EvilGrins » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:18 pm

Nelsona wrote:
EvilGrins wrote:Can't wait to test it.
Are you still waiting ? Map is ready for more than 3 days long.
Without a download I can't test it, and even if you already have I still want to.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:34 am

Not gonna do double posting. Beside this I've updated my signature (will all supposed my maps). Excuse me, but I can't work more simple than that.
In this post viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3874#p43935 you can figure the posting date, map was uploaded in the same time when the post was created, and there are not 100 MH maps there, it's only one Map called BattlingLottery uploaded in 13th September.