Templar CHAOS Titans

Post all mapping and skinning related content here!
EvilGrins
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Templar CHAOS Titans

Post by EvilGrins » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:33 pm

Back when ChaosUT 1st came out I didn't know how to edit maps, but now I do. With a full version available to me, I decided to setup one of my UTDMT CTF edits so it could play with Chaos weapons even if the mutator wasn't running. Also to use only Chaos gear, as the mutator doesn't switch all of the normal UT weapons:

Although I didn't need to put all the weapons on the map. Funny thing about how it works is if you've got the PoisonCrossbow and the ExplodingCrossbow, somehow you also have the normal Crossbow even if it isn't anywhere on the map... although I think I did leave one on there for both teams. Same thing works with the Claw.

Enjoy · http://www.mediafire.com/file/pgi39rc71 ... Titans.zip

You will need to download this too for the map to work · http://files.chaoticdreams.org/Chaos/Ch ... onumod.zip

Usual Suspects:
.int /system
.uax /sounds
.unr /maps
.umx /music
.u /system
.utx /textures

Terraniux

Re: Templar CHAOS Titans

Post by Terraniux » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:11 am

Clap Clap.

That is some very pretty map you made. Well done. Although some I do have some points:

- Make the trees masked in the properties > display > style > _Masked. All trees are big black sheets.
- Map is waaaayyyyy to big for CTF. My legs are already tired when I found the red/blue base. Cars / vehicles / speed mod are a must have. Plus I constantly got confused in the ways. This map is very fun when its 16-16 players.

- Add the CTF gameplay actor in the Level Properties as default.
- More health placement, since we are constantly in the wide open.

Tonight I will play it again when I have more time.

Great map, good thing you are mapping too! :D

Regards Terraniux

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:05 pm

Terraniux wrote:All trees are big black sheets.
- Map is waaaayyyyy to big for CTF.
1) Trees aren't black sheets on my computer, that's gotta do with your own graphics settings.
2) I disagree, large maps are great for CTF. Always been a big fan... no pun intended.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:59 pm

Let's be clear here: He didn't make the map. He edited one. I wish he was making maps. I love the mappers! Yes my servers are down but you reminded me that I too can't get the CHAOS mod to swap out the regular weapons with just CHAOS ones. They seem to alternate or not swap out at all. I need to fix that. I'll need help is what I'm saying.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:34 am

Chaos doesn't replace all weapons (it doesn't have replacements for all - yeah) - I'm working at several fixes and... I don't feel like I need to post dumb codes from there...
Main goal is to create a conformed update for preventing mismatch - initialization will be ignited by another helper child mutator preventing a bit items to fall from map - addressing even non chaos maps.