monster hunt map version question

Post all mapping and skinning related content here!
scrypt17

monster hunt map version question

Post by scrypt17 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:28 pm

do maps have versions? for example if i use v503 to create a map will it be usable on a 436 server?

recently i upgraded my ut to 503 and couldn't join the 436 server i admin on dogbonewest. i am now running two versions of UT; 436 for online play and 503 for mh map building.

[J]Man
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
NoMoreSpam: Silver

possible...

Post by [J]Man » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:09 pm

Hi Scrypt 17.
In my opinion, I don't think it's a big deal if u have the MosterHunt patch version 5.03 installed while you are under UT version 4.36.
I actually have these thing on my comp right now, and i'm doing fine. :D
So try making a map and play online, it should all work out. :mrgreen:

Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Clarity

Post by Hermskii » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:34 pm

Let's get clear here:

UT has it's set of patched for security and playability and MH has it's own set of upgrades and patches. UT should always be installed first and then patched up as far you like to go with it but be sure to read the next paragraph first. Then any MODs like MH should be installed and patched up to it's last good patch. The patches should not effect one another at all but many mods won't install unless a certain minmum level of patches have been installed in UT first.

UT originally released at version 4.00 or 4.32 "I THINK". Then over time they released patches for the client meaning the player up until patch 4.36. It is "my personal opinion" that this level being 4.36 is as high of a patch to the game as any player needs to go up to. UT then released the 4.40 patch for server side only. It was actually a pretty good patch. Then the last patch released was 4.51 which came in two stages. 1st being part A and only called 4.51 and then a update called 4.51B which must be installed on top of part A. Any of the 4.51 updates can be used on the server or the client. I have found most folks have trouble with it so I suggest you leave your player at 4.36 patch and only upgrade your server if needed to the 4.51 level of protection.

Monster Hunt was released as version 4.0 at first which nobody really used. Then it was upgraded to version 5.0. and that is when it became popular. Then they edited one file and called it a patch which was known as patch 5.3. Then somebody took the 5.0 UMOD and recompiled it integrating it with the 5.03 patch and thus they called it the MH 5.3 UMOD.

I hope my speculation about how people should use these patches and how they will or won't effect their UT game has helped some of you. Later!
~Peace~

Hermskii