Team Monster Hunt mapping guide

Post all mapping and skinning related content here!
K
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Team Monster Hunt mapping guide

Post by K » Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:26 am

Here is a guide of things to keep in mind when mapping for TMH.
timmypowergamer wrote:TeamMH: TMH is a completely different gametype than MH and should be designed as such. There are many new elements to keep in mind when designing maps for it:

-In TMH you can separate the 2 teams so they both take a different path. This can make for an interesting map, so long as both sides are balanced. They do not have to be identical in design, but they should have the same difficulty level and scoring opportunities.

-Points in TMH are calculated based on the max-health of the monster you are fighting. For a regular monster, the score you receive for killing it is equal to 2% of the monsters maximum health. For boss monsters (bIsBoss = true) it is 4%. To make sure that both teams have an equal chance of winning the match, the total health of all the monsters on each side should be equal (to within a few points if possible). So in other words, if you add up the maxhealth values on every monster on 1 side (including all monsters spawned from a CreatureFactory) it should equal the total on the other side. Also, if there is a boss on 1 side, there should be the same boss (or an equal boss) on the other. Any enemies encountered in areas where both teams are allowed do not count toward this total, assuming both teams have an equal chance of reaching that area at the same time.

-Keep in mind that if need be, you can put different types and placements of monsters on either side, they do not have to be identical. Just so long as the health total is the same, and the relative difficulty is the same. By relative difficulty, I mean that you can’t put a Skaarj lord with 1000 health on one side and a tentacle with 1000 health on the other, because that one tentacle is much easier to kill than the Skaarj lord. Instead try placing 5 tentacles with 200 health each. 5 tentacles have a much higher chance of killing you than 1 (especially if they shoot rockets ^_^ ).

TeamMH has a setting that allows you reduce the damage done to other teams (or get rid of it entirely). Remember that not all servers may use this feature in the same way. Avoid making areas in your map with dangerous pitfalls and difficult jumps, if both teams are allowed to mingle in it. You can guarantee that some players will play dirty and try and boost the other team off, even if teamfire is set to 0. Try to make BT (bunny track) sections for each team separate if you can.
There is a new actor to block the red team from going down the blue path and vice versa. If you are interested in making a TMH map and want to use this actor i will send you the .u file

Also you should be naming the map with a TMH- prefix.
good luck.

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:35 am

DELETED

MEAT
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue

Post by MEAT » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:08 pm

TeamMH....what a great idea.
I didn't know it existed but I threw out this idea
about a month ago but no one really caught on.
Are there any servers playing TMH?

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:29 pm

DELETED

K
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by K » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:05 pm

I currently have it running on my server but it only came with one map. I have Betav.08 i think.
Check it out, and if you have a copy of the other map Vat, please send me a link to a download or email me with it. When i am done with my current map i will probably spit out a few TMH maps. I am excited.

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:36 am

DELETED