TWO Mapping Questions - Brushes...

Post all mapping and skinning related content here!
Hook
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
NoMoreSpam: Silver
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

TWO Mapping Questions - Brushes...

Post by Hook » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:58 pm

TWO Mapping Questions ...

( 1 ) Has anyone tried Saving a "Custom" Brush and then Load it Back in so you can use it again later?
Now I am Not talking about Saving a Brush built in the 2-D editor, but a custom brush made in the map building mode of UnrealEd2.
I can save a brush OK, and it is there when I want to select it and Load it in, but it doesn't load in.
I cannot figure out how to find it or how to "see" where it is after Loading it into the editor!

( 2 ) ALSO, being "rusty" at mapping (as I just recently started doing it again after a few years but its coming back) I forgot something - or maybe not but ...
Say when I Intersect the red build brush or if I select an object and select "polygons to brush", (either way) then I go to use that brush say intersecting it with something then adding the resulting shape ...
Is there a way to re-build the brush back to the original custom shape that you used the polygons from so that you do not have to repeat the select an object and select "polygons to brush" again to get it back??? (or intersecting to make a red builder brush again)
Or maybe I forgot and that is the only way to do it? LOL I just can't remember and I haven't found it on the net.
I guess I am asking if there is a "button" or something you click to "re-build" the custom red build brush you have been using.
I know it stays if you just add or subtract using it but I am talking about when you alter the custom red brush by intersecting or de-intersecting then want to re-use the brush in its original form/shape.
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777