Playing now!!!

Post all {HOHU4ET} related content here!
Poolgod
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Playing now!!!

Post by Poolgod » Tue May 17, 2011 1:55 pm

Sure would be nice to finally see someone else on the server. :lol: I'll try to stay on for a couple of hours at least! C'mon in!

Poolgod

Re: Playing now!!!

Post by Poolgod » Tue May 17, 2011 4:15 pm

There are a lot more than 10 maps to vote for before you can vote for one you already voted for. Seeing as how there is never more than one player at a time on the server, why not just do away with the limit? If I wait on the server for hours to see if someone will join, why can't I play the only map that has all of the U4e weapons (U4e-testlevel) more than once? If another person joins, I wouldn't keep picking the same map and risk losing a live player (unless they wanted to play that map again also.) I find myself playing more practice sessions just so I can use all of the weapons.
Also Since I couldn't choose another U4e map, I was picking maps that I didn't know, and I picked DM-UTR-Epitaph ][ after about 2 hours and it gave me a 'refused to send belt-FX' message, so I couldn't join the server anymore.

Hermskii
Site Admin
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by Hermskii » Tue May 17, 2011 10:52 pm

Repeat Limit was set to 10. I have reduced it to 1. I was also able to connect with my player instal and with a new virgin install. I watched all the files download and didn't even see one with that name and I have that map on 3 different servers that all pull from the same rediredct with no problems. I rebooted the server to save the Repeat Limit chnage I made too. Please try again! You say you can play with all weapons in practice? Really? Those are the settings I need. Can you send me screen shots of what you have your options set to in the mod?

This is what I mean about me not being able to get them all to cycle. Maybe your settings matched up on my server will fix my issue!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Tue May 17, 2011 10:58 pm

Use this too!

http://www.ut99.org/utr/epitaph-dm.html

You may want to download this map-pack and install it to fix your problem with this map. Also, please take a screen shot of the error if you get it again and just mail it to me or post it here. Thanks!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Poolgod

Post by Poolgod » Wed May 18, 2011 6:54 pm

Here is the screenshot of what I'm getting: Image and I searched for and found the map pack that you mentioned (that site didn't have it.) I'll try that now! Thanks.

Poolgod

Post by Poolgod » Wed May 18, 2011 7:05 pm

Oh! And no, I don't get all U4e weapons on all maps....only U4e TestLevel has all of them included (that's why I wanted to be able to replay that map when I'm alone on there.)
Although, that tool W.O.R.M. let me replace all of the weapons on the other maps, I found a couple of glitches with it. When I pick up a replaced railgun, for instance, won't resupply the ammo when you pick up another one and if I fire all ten shots from it it goes away and I can't get back to it to toss it away so that I can pick up another one (I have to toss it after 9 shots) there still is no U4e ammo that spawns. I also was successful in spawning the compound bow, but sadly it only has the regular arrows and I don't know how to get the fire, or poison arrows.

Poolgod

Post by Poolgod » Wed May 18, 2011 8:44 pm

I installed that map pack and it was a no go also. However, I found a great link with a texture pack which includes the Belt_FX.utx here it is in case anyone else needs any of the files. http://www.unrealtexture.com/UT/Website ... Normal.htm

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Wed May 18, 2011 10:39 pm

This makes no sense. How can I connect and play without that file and when you connect it forces you to download a file I don't even have? So, I suspect the server is stuck again at that map? Let me look into it again.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Wed May 18, 2011 11:13 pm

I had no idea he had that whole site. Diehard and I worked together a little bit back in the day on S3TC stuff. I wish his health wasn't so bad. I'm sure somebody told me of that place before and I just never looked. Nice find.
That file is a basic file that comes with UT. How you play with UT and don't have that file I don't know. Seriously! More odd to me is I thought I uploaded all the basic files to th redirect years ago but that was actually all of the Bonus Pack files I suspect. This whole thing is just odd to me but it does explain why I was able to connect without downloading the file. It does not explain why or how you could have UT installed and not have that file in your texture folder.

Lastly, I uploaded the file anyways. It should download to you on your next try. What is the name of the test map by the way. No I didn't look to see if it is actually called that. LOL. Take it easy!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Poolgod

Post by Poolgod » Thu May 19, 2011 10:58 am

Sorry, I should have specified that I AM able to connect with that map after downloading that file and copying it to my textures folder. I agree that it makes no sense that it wasn't already IN my textures folder, but I looked and it wasn't. Yes, the name of the map is 'DM-U4e-TestLevel', and it has ALL of the U4e weapons. I love the various arrows for the compound bow....and the fleshbomb gun, some seriously funny stuff.
Thanks for setting the mapvote lower!...as I said, there's no way that I'd force someone else to play maps that they didn't want to play and would go along with whatever they wanted to play, but when you're alone in therewaiting for someone to show up, might as well play what you like!

Poolgod

Post by Poolgod » Thu May 19, 2011 11:00 am

Also, I'm sorry about putting that huge image up there....didn't realize it would make everyone have to scroll across the topic. Won't happen again.

Hook
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Thu May 19, 2011 11:36 am

Hey, just Glad you got that worked out now Poolgod.
Now I gotta go in there and try it out too! :D
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Thu May 19, 2011 12:37 pm

Maybe right after a night at Helen's we can swing on to HOHU4ET and then get by HOOKS though I can only see myself getting away from my family for about an hour. I could come back in later though!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Poolgod

Post by Poolgod » Thu May 19, 2011 10:12 pm

I just got off the server and I kid you not there were 2 other people there!

Hook
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Fri May 20, 2011 9:06 am

Poolgod wrote:I just got off the server and I kid you not there were 2 other people there!
And it Begins! or So it begins!
The more that play - the MORE that Play! :P
AWESOME!!!
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777