Some changes at MHM?

Post all {MHM} related content here!
Nr.2000
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by Nr.2000 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:31 pm

Because of the gameplay and teamplay Nameless. I know other maps can be just as good or even better, if you playing with the right people that are team playing. But in LC all players are forced to worked together like a team. This is the best part of it, yes it looks awful, but so does so many other good maps.

I used to have the zip file with the map, but it doesn't seam like I have it anymore. I will keep an eye for it and tell you if I see it, Derdak2rot.

I'm a very "happy" owner of a 700 MHz AMD with 192 MB RAM and a Gerforce2 card. :P

PS. I send a mail to you Derdak2rot if you didn't notice.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Go for it!

Post by Hermskii » Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:39 pm

Make a map like it mut make it a wide outside area or something like that. Start it where you are outside a base or soemthing far far out due to a bad landing and you have to get in to destroy some power supply to the planetarty force field. Make people run half way around the planet to get to the end. Have water sections, ice sections, darker, not dark sections, assassin sections, all of that stuff with proper monster placement. Could be way cool. Do something but don't just adjust what is already there. Take the concept and run with it till it beats the original badly.
~Peace~

Hermskii

derdak2rot

Post by derdak2rot » Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:20 pm

ok 2k , thanks a lot !

yep , Hermskii , exactly what i want to do . just my idea was that , youre prisoner of the skaarj and you must escape of the planet .

- the first corridor is a dark queen cave with lot of pupae
- the second is skaarj base
- the third is a outdoor valley with skaarj snipers
- the fouth is a mercenary base

ect ..

but i dont think i will do each part with loooong corridor like the original .
it will be corridors but with intersections and objectives .
like in the skaarj base where you must destroy a generator and kill a big skaarj before escape in the valley .
arrgh ! lost my head !

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:38 pm

Here's the perfect map:

MH-Baseriot which leads to MH-Bluff, that takes you to MH-Hellfire which takes you to MH-Krogar which dumps you out into the first half of MH-Skywars where you fight your way in to the final room of Unreal 1, defeat the queen, and take off in the space ship. :wink:
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

derdak2rot

Post by derdak2rot » Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:26 pm

lol !

i dont want to think at the time of a full rebuild , :lol: :lol:
arrgh ! lost my head !

Hermskii
Site Admin

Really?

Post by Hermskii » Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:58 pm

What is his new map called? When is he going to release it? Did you tell him about this forum and my server? He is a really good map maker too. I can't believe all of these great maps coming out so late in the life of this game. Better late than never! MH is going to become so much bigger I think.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Tleilaxu

Post by Tleilaxu » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:12 pm

derdak2rot wrote:thats maybe because lot of players are really young and dont do the difference between a good and bad maps , all they search are mainly fun .

sure i prefer so far good visuals and gameplay .
i just beta tested last Cardiologist's map and its a great one .
i think it is his best so far , better than arden .
To me thats a bit offensive, at age 15 i can certainly tell the difference, i myself do map as well, and am right now and i can give you screenies of my work right now on a map, and yes i know the visual treats but there is A HUGE difference between Plot/Visual Effects and tha actual fun being had, a lot of players that ARE young wouldnt find Long Corridor fun because its rather boring and has no point, same thing with visually, nothing great to look at. The whole team idea and working together is what draws it, LongCorridor_C

Tleilaxu

Post by Tleilaxu » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:18 pm

By The way Dreak, i love your maps, very well done visually, just like the ones youd see original Unreal makers make with the detail on the walls, and the ceiling and the bars.

derdak2rot

Post by derdak2rot » Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:40 am

i dont say that for all the young players , some of them knows the game since a long time and are regular players ( and sometimes mappers ) like you Tlei . :wink:

Cardi told me he currently fixed the things i pointed out in my beta-test so maybe it will be available on nalicity soon . :D
arrgh ! lost my head !

Tleilaxu

Post by Tleilaxu » Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:41 pm

heh ok, but its takes me so much more longer to map out details unlike a lot of mappers, im guessing since its my first time trying to put symmetrical detail into everything, especially since im creating a theatre.