Some changes at MHM?

Post all {MHM} related content here!
a nameless entity
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Some changes at MHM?

Post by a nameless entity » Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:51 pm

I noticed that your health now starts at 100 instead of 200, and that your ammo supply builds more slowly than before. Is this an accident, or a change in MHM's game-play policy? :?:
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

Hermskii
Site Admin

Yep

Post by Hermskii » Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:45 am

You are right and very observant being the only person who said anything to me. To be honest, I didn't think I had made that change effective already. The .ini shows to do it but I never rebooted since the change so I didn't think it had taken effect yet. Nameless, you know best......what do you think about that? I see you playing at other MH servers and have visited them to see what they had that got you to play them and most were using default settings with UTJMH set at 100 like mine is now. Do you think this is a bad idea? I didn't make any changes to ammo so I'm confused about how that may be. The mod refills ammo at a rate directly related to that weapons max ammo setting, thus a minigun will seem to recharge must faster than a flak cannon. So, tell me what you think. Should I set start up health back to 199? Later!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hermskii
Site Admin

Wow

Post by Hermskii » Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:31 pm

I didn't notice that it had that much of an effect. I set it back up too 199 start health. Something seems wrong. I can't place it yet and don't have too much time to look at it right now. I have already reset it. Tell me if it feels right. I noticed in Skyland that health regem dowesn't work underwater. I'm removing that map anyways. It SUX!.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Tleilaxu

Post by Tleilaxu » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:06 am

I know you don't like some Maps Hermskii, but i've noticed a very small amount, is there a reason for this? because the numberof maps there barely reaches the number that are in places like NlCJR server and Excalibur, also Planet Monsterhunt. Just wondering, i know about the BT maps, but others im not sure of.

Also the Health of 100 is much better, only my opinion too, the mod that was useed by BoomBoy only a few weeks ago on his server would've been good with it to. I'll post the info here for now.

Info:

Health Started at 100. A special number of lives (7) was contributed to the whole depending on the number of players. So if there was 5 player, 5 * 7 = 35 lives, and was shared.
You have those lives, if the lives finish off, you cannot reconnect, if you reconnec to get more lives, youll just be a spectator, although i like this its bad if you have a bad connection and get disabled quickly

Even better it records the best record for that certain map and sets the status. The first time you play a map, there woulf be no record. If you cannot finish it with those lives, it puts the status of Eliminate and puts a record. If you finish, it will replace all the eliminat and say Pass and put the record, that will be replaced by a better time record if ever done by another team in that server at a late time.

Think about it, the only problem is if BoomBoy is willing to give out the mod, i have the .int files, but not the .u files, which makes not that much of a difference.

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:00 pm

I hate to burst your bubble Tleilaxu, but that mod was the worst. I found it a real turn-off to play, and so did the other regs that tried it with me. It was so bad that I had forgotten all about that mod, until you mentioned it here. :?

Hermskii
Site Admin

Agreed

Post by Hermskii » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:35 pm

I forgot to to respond to this post. I'd like to say that I have tons of other maps but choose to run these select few as I feel they best encompass what MH was supposed to be about. I know lots of people hate jump maps so in a effort to offer a place where all of the run and gun folks can always find a place to play, I removed all of the mostly jump maps from the cycle all together. I didn't like most of the other maps that I don't run so I axed them as well. Some maps were good but had flaws that would hang the server sometimes so I got rid of them too. In short, I am running pretty much all of the maps that I personally like. There are 2 or three that I still need to remove but I forgot which ones they were so until I play them again, they will stay. There are some new maps I have never played before so idon't know to cycle them. That is where I count on the players to give me a heads up about them and send them to me so Ican test them and install them if they pass the test.

The mod you merntioned sounds awful to me. Sorry but that is my opinion. Luckily again, Nameless has already tried it and axed it so that is good enough for me to stay away from it.
~Peace~

Hermskii

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:55 pm

I was just playing in MH-Andromeda Test 1L this afternoon, and noticed that the ammo was slow to build up. A minor annoyance in that map, as there were plenty of weapons available by the time I jumped into the game.

Herm, I hope you were referring to MH Skyland 1. It does indeed suck. There is a much improved version of that map out there, called MH-Skyland 1-1. It works properly, and can be a lot of fun to play, especially if the crowd you're playing with are the types who like to clear an area of monsters before going farther in. I especially enjoy clearing the beach of monsters.

Do you have the 2nd or is it the 3rd map in the Skyland series where you work your way around a building that looks like the Parthenon in Greece, then later go inside and clear the basement? That one is my favourite of the three.

Tleilaxu

Post by Tleilaxu » Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:37 pm

Thats Skyland 2, the thing i liked most about the mod is the teamwork it brought out in MH, personally putting the life to unlimited and having it so that a person who stands in a room full of monsters for 10 minutes that can live, kind of boring. Remember this, i know the mod isnt that great, but its trying to put MH back to where it was, so that people wont get bored, a majority of people that play MH get bored of it within a month because of the lack of skill needed and just random shooting, thats why Long Corridor is so much fun, it's a challenge that we barely see out there these days.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Yes

Post by Hermskii » Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:47 pm

Send them to me Nameless so I know I get the right ones. You know I'll usually install them if you send them.
~Peace~

Hermskii

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:42 pm

I had a look at the map list earlier Herm, and I see that you now have MH Skyland 1-1, as well as 2 & 3, so all is cool. 8)

derdak2rot

Post by derdak2rot » Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:58 am

I admit long corridor is a fun map but the visuals looks terribly ugly .

this map could be great with a better gameplay / visual .

maybe i could try to re-do it with better things inside , because i like the idea of this map . :wink:
arrgh ! lost my head !

Nr.2000

Post by Nr.2000 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:39 am

derdak2rot wrote:I admit long corridor is a fun map but the visuals looks terribly ugly .

this map could be great with a better gameplay / visual .

maybe i could try to re-do it with better things inside , because i like the idea of this map . :wink:
There is already a LongCorridor look alike version with much better visuales. Only seen the start of it though. I think it's called longhall or something like that. But I don't like this because the visuals give me a terrible FPS.

I'm satisfied with LongCorridor_c now and how its gameplay works. I also know many people that think it's the best map ever. I think it works much better then the original. That version sure was buggy and full of bugs. It mostly crashed the server before anyone made it to the end.

derdak2rot

Post by derdak2rot » Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:44 pm

longhall !! really ! im intersted to see how it works .

have you a idea where i can find it ? or i will try to dowload it from server .
thx for the info , 2k !

can i ask you what is your rig 2k ?
arrgh ! lost my head !

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:06 pm

If anyone can successfully justify the existance of any of the AFO maps, then I might be prepared to admit that playing Long corridor could actually be more than just work. Although why anyone would want to play a boring map like that with monsters that never stop spawning is beyond me. Why waste your time in something like that when you could be enjoying a visual treat like MH Arden, or MH Bluff? ;) :mrgreen:

derdak2rot

Post by derdak2rot » Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:28 pm

thats maybe because lot of players are really young and dont do the difference between a good and bad maps , all they search are mainly fun .

sure i prefer so far good visuals and gameplay .
i just beta tested last Cardiologist's map and its a great one .
i think it is his best so far , better than arden .
arrgh ! lost my head !