MH-ATAA2

Post all {MHM} related content here!
*POTS*

MH-ATAA2

Post by *POTS* » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:12 am

I was wondering if there is a walkthrough for this map...

1 - You start in a small cubic room with 4 or 5 superweapons and superhealthpacks (+1,500 HP each)

2 - You have to face tons of monster in a room with ramps and if you manage to kill them all, you have to break four crystals located in two separated rooms on the groundfloor, each room containing two crystals.

3 - Unlike all usual crystals, you can NOT break them with your weapons nor by shooting a panel or something; in this particular case you have to stand still in front of a control panel until two beams slowly popping up from the ceiling and the floor touch themselves and eventually break the crystal.

4 - Once you're done with the groundfloor crystals, use the ramps to go to the upper floor; you'll find two opposite rooms with one more crystal for each room. In this case you have to face endless (and when I say endless, I mean it!) superpupaes and endless supergasbags. Again you have to stand still in front of two control panels; each of them triggers a beam that... well you understand it don't you?
If you're skilled enough you can manage to take care of the endless monsters and stand still in front of the panel at the same time, even if you're trying to solo the map.

5 - Let's say you're so good and lucky you made it, well two translucent doors that were previously locked will be opened, giving you access to (what I think is) the final room.
This room is nasty: there are kamikazee nuclear pupaes on steroids that can jump up to two storeys and if they touch you they explode on impact. Of course there's another stupid crystal in this room but there are no beams this time.

My point is: what the heck do I have to do in order to destroy the final crystal? There are just two small water pools with nothing inside them and two "trampoline thingies".
Maybe if a mapper could open this map in UnrealEd and take a look at it... :roll:
I just can see some monster blockers, some pathnodes and some spotlights... Where's the freaking trigger/mover?!
Plain Old Telephone Service

-HellFire-
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: MH-ATAA2

Post by -HellFire- » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:19 am

It looks like you have to kill 255 kamikaze pupae's and then this mover will open:

Only I looked in the ATAA2(Obnoxious) map so I'm not sure of its exactly the same.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:34 am

Yeah, Iplayed this map the other night with someone and I had to call it quits at the never-ending gasbags. It is certainly not the version I recall having on here several years ago. Learning all of that, I'm glad I left but I'll keep the map on in the event that about 8 hunters get in on it. Then, maybe it would not be so bad. It took 2 others and I about 40 minutes to get most of the way through the gasbags.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Fuzz_Ball

Post by Fuzz_Ball » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:37 am

Nice work *POTS!
I've always wondered how those crystals were destroyed. It was always luck that I stood still long enough in the right place.
I really don't care for the perpetual monster factories on these ATAA maps. I like to see a little progress in the hour or so it takes to make these things stop.
But, as we mentioned in another thread, I "guess" I'll keep them on the menu for now.
_ Image * * Image

-HellFire-

Post by -HellFire- » Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:13 pm

If that map gets voted I'll leave, even if there are 10 people on it.
To me ATAA2 is a big fail map.
The 999 spawning monsters in every room gets pretty frustrating already after 10 minutes, imagine 1 hour :roll:
It's even that worse that I once had auto-fire on and when I came back from dinner I was still fraggin the lame pupae's.
I really CAN'T imagine people like that map.
The other ATAA is also annoying, but playable.
ATAA2 is just a complete fail.

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:44 pm

I have to say anyone who votes for ATAA instantly loses a huge amount of respect from me, and I reckon hellfy is similar.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:02 pm

-HellFire- wrote:It looks like you have to kill 255 kamikaze pupae's and then this mover will open:
Thanks Hellfy, at least I have a clue now. Someone forgot to add a counter I guess.

As for the gasbags and the megapupaes, I've soloed both rooms, the first with the Mega ShockRifle and the second with the Flame Thrower; you don't need to kill all monsters, just to stand still on the platforms in front of the control panels in order to destroy the crystals. This can be frustrating, I know, specially the Kamikaze Pupaes room...

I think this map was not meant for single player: the average player needs someone who can cover him while he's standing still on the platforms.

The real problem with this map is that there are no hints, no counters, nothing, and you have to "guess" what to do in order to proceed.
Plain Old Telephone Service

-HellFire-

Post by -HellFire- » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:38 pm

Seems like killing 255 kamikaze pupae's is also not the meaning of the map..
Then I don't know and don't want to know.
Come on.. who likes that map..

Fuzz_Ball

Post by Fuzz_Ball » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:10 pm

Even MEAT hates it:

_ Image * * Image

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:09 pm

OK OK! I'l take it back off.
~Peace~

Hermskii

-HellFire-

Post by -HellFire- » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:47 pm

Hermskii wrote:OK OK! I'l take it back off.
Yay! :mrgreen:

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:30 am

Yay! :D