Monster Hunt Mayhem III - Incoming News!!!

Post all {MHM} related content here!
Reiyel_3.0
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Monster Hunt Mayhem III - Incoming News!!!

Post by Reiyel_3.0 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:24 pm

Guys and gals:

It's with proud that I'd like to announce a new project for our HOH community. It's something that POTS and I were having in mind a long time ago.

The project's goal is to give some fresh air to HOH community and to our friends from other communities. The context was perfect because Gopo has just released a new an improved MH mod, which I believe, was worth a try. Also, POTS has been impressing us with his knowledge about techinical UT stuff and I thought not doing something with that would be a waste of that talent.

That's why I'm glad to introduce you the new and reloaded:

Monster Hunt Mayhem III
IP: 68.232.163.197:7777

Yes guys, MHM3 is back. It will be a MH server running the new Gopo's MHv2.1 Mod. We'll have all the maps we used to have on it. And also, with Herms permission, I'd like to add some cool MHM maps.

Maps like the Village, SevenNalis, and all other maps made by MHM'ers have already been uploaded. So please, give it a try. However, I must emphasize that you ALL MUST READ AND RESPECT THE RULES. I'll open a new thread for it.

Who are the members of the team that is making this project possible? Actually, everyone who plays or give feedback or suggest maps is a part of the team. However, I've been told that is important to clearify some things:

+ POTS. He is the MAIN ADMIN. Yes, he runs things and he's the main HEAD of the server. He is the guy with the knowledge and the right attitude to run and admin the server.
+ Hook. We all know him and we all like him. He has offered graciously to help us with setting the server up, adding maps, in a few words, all technical stuff. Also, because of his experience, he will help us with the admining. That's why you will notice the "powered by CROSSBONES message.
+ Me. My lack of knowledge and time is noticeable. I sure can't run nor admin the server by myself properly. My role on this project is to give the money for the rent of the servers (yes, the server or servers are/will be rented) and suggest a few mods or settings. For example, I wanted MHM3 to be multimod, but POTS told me it wasn't a good idea, so in the very end, the server is not multimod.

We could have some other admins in the future but it's up to us to decide who. Also, I know that many of you may have been "sensing" Gopo's presence around this project. I have to say that he has helped us to set the server up the same way he would have helped KB or HOF. He has stated clearly that he does not want to be an admin.

Also, I have to tell you that the idea of having a ppl vs ppl server has not been abandoned. In fact, right now we're thinking how we could make it possible and I have to say I'm very interested on that. I'll keep you all updated.

So guys, you're all welcome to play. Hope to see you on the server!!

Monster Hunt Mayhem III
IP: 68.232.163.197:7777
Last edited by Reiyel_3.0 on Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.

Con una condición: que me dejes abierto el balcón de tus ojos de gata

-SuPreMe-

Re: Incoming News!

Post by -SuPreMe- » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:42 pm

Woooooo, i hope to see MHM3 packed at the weekend people!

Also Rei, SevenNalis? what map is that? :lol:
-------.[ ]
---- -//|::|\\
----////| .|\\\\ <- 2 times the arms 2 times the awesomeness!
-------||||
-------||||
------..< >
{MHM}

Reiyel_3.0

Re: Monster Hunt Mayhem III - Incoming News!!!

Post by Reiyel_3.0 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:25 pm

Damn! Why do I keep saying SevenNalis??!!! :shock:

SevenTests!, not SevenNalis

And NaliCage, not TestCage :| :lol:
(\__/)

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:53 pm

Crazy! Crazy that I just started askin questions about what Fuzz was doing with his server and if it was still his and all of that and now we have this post. My timing sux.

Congrats on all the new stuff and good luck. Sounds like a solid team in effect. You don't need my permission for anything. If I have a map and you want it, then get it and use it. I'm still lost a little on how or when all of this took place.

If you don't mind, I'm just gonna grab and beer and sit back and watch. I'm anxiuos too to see the amount of feedback that is about to come your way! LOL
~Peace~

Hermskii

Fuzz_Ball

Post by Fuzz_Ball » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:44 pm

Hermskii wrote: I'm anxiuos too to see the amount of feedback that is about to come your way! LOL
Yeah Ha Ha,
Get ready for everyone telling (and NOT asking) you to add this, remove that, increase this, decrease that, you should do it like this, etc, etc...
Ignore them and don't hesitate to ban the rude pigs!
_ Image * * Image

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:48 pm

LOL yeah so true, well said Fuzz!
Plain Old Telephone Service

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:39 pm

OK, so I have not read the whole forum yet so this MHM3 server is not related to FUZZ's server at all I'm guessing so far?
~Peace~

Hermskii

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:15 pm

Right Herm. It's like trying to find a relationship between MRS and CG to keep it simple. We do even use different mods and settings.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:29 pm

Now that I have read everything else, I understand. Congrats on the new effort. For success I suggest only this: Make changes slowly.

Good luck! Let me know when you feel you need a section of the forum. Note that you already have at least 5 different topics all about the same thing be MHM3. It would be far more simple to keep them all together in...I don't know.......a FORUM! LOL. Peace!
~Peace~

Hermskii

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:35 pm

Hermskii wrote:For success I suggest only this: Make changes slowly.
You're right Herm, luckily now we're quite comfortable with the current settings and mods, also all members' maps have been uploaded, so we will just fix the broken downloads and remove the bad maps from now on.
Hermskii wrote: Good luck! Let me know when you feel you need a section of the forum. Note that you already have at least 5 different topics all about the same thing be MHM3. It would be far more simple to keep them all together in...I don't know.......a FORUM! LOL. Peace!
Thanks Herm! Hey Rei what do you think? :lol:

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:55 pm

Guys there's a retarded hacker around (probably Nej@t again) crashing and/or messing up all MH servers using Nexgen, so far the Destination Unreal and Hitman's (?) servers have been attacked. I added a game password to the MHM3 server as a preventive measure until I get further information.

Reiyel_3.0

Post by Reiyel_3.0 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:07 pm

POTS please I don´t have access to FTP nor Unreal on my office.

Add a password to MHMIV as well just in case please

I think MHM1 is safe since it does not use Nexgen, right?

:shock:
(\__/)

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:59 pm

You don't need FTP access, you just need to edit the UnrealTournament.ini under the [Engine.GameInfo] section; GameServers website is good enough for that.

[Edit]
OK done!

Blood Asp

Post by Blood Asp » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:26 am

for the 2nd time, please delete MH-Maze_EA_Final.unr

The map is highly unstable and causes crashes in server AND client, not always but about 32% of the time, always crashes my system too.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:48 pm

EA_Elemental wrote:for the 2nd time, please delete MH-Maze_EA_Final.unr
Actually this is the first time I hear of that map being buggy.
Would be nice to know of any slow downloads and/or obsolete/broken maps here instead of wasting my time scanning the server logs.
Anyway the map is gone now.

Rei no offence but maybe it's time for a forum board, the MHM3 threads are scattered all over the place.