Monster Hunt Mayhem III - Suggestions

Post all {MHM} related content here!
Reiyel_3.0
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Monster Hunt Mayhem III - Suggestions

Post by Reiyel_3.0 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:33 pm

We know the server is still new. If you find a bugged map, broken redirect link, or whatever, please post it here. We'll also appreciate some feedback

:mrgreen:
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.

Con una condición: que me dejes abierto el balcón de tus ojos de gata

Hermskii
Site Admin

Re: Monster Hunt Mayhem III - Suggestions

Post by Hermskii » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:47 pm

Remind me what the deal is with this server please. FUZZ runs it right? GOPO supports it? Everybody plays on it? Does it have a website or forum? Just tell me if I have any of that right please. If I recall, FUZZ does not want any of the extra stuff right now.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Blood Asp

Post by Blood Asp » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:49 pm

yeh i am getting kinda confused, whats going on? every MHM person gets a server now? :lol:

*in a year or 2*
"MHM-53 has been setup and is now online for play!"

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:59 pm

I saw 8 people on tonight. They are doing something right.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:52 pm

MH-KillThemAll[SPG] is gone. To give you an idea of the crap, think of ATAA0, subtract all BoomBoy weapons and multiply the number of monsters and cubic rooms per 10 times.

Herm I don't think we need a forum board ATM (well unless Rei thinks differently), but thanks for your offer. :)
Plain Old Telephone Service

Reiyel_3.0

Post by Reiyel_3.0 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:36 pm

*POTS* wrote:MH-KillThemAll[SPG] is gone. To give you an idea of the crap, think of ATAA0, subtract all BoomBoy weapons and multiply the number of monsters and cubic rooms per 10 times.

Herm I don't think we need a forum board ATM (well unless Rei thinks differently), but thanks for your offer. :)
Yes, KillThemAll had to go xD. It clearly represented what we MHM stands against.

SAY NO TO SPAM! SAY YES TO SKILLS! :twisted:

@EA. This is where we explain everything, including the team and roles of each one :arrow: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2224
And it's MHM3 because there was already an MHM2 and nobody wants to replace it. If K ever shows up again then we'll have MHM2 back. So far, the only MHM'ers having a server have been Herm, K, and Pots with MHM3.

@Herm. Thanks for your words and support Herm! And like POTS said, we don't need nor want a forum yet because we still want to see how this project goes first. We don't want to start a new forum just to delete it in a month xD

@Everyone. No, we are not trying to replace Fuzz server. Why? Because it's a completely different set up. We follow the MHM style, with low health and ammo and no weps or amps awarded, and also, with no double jump. It's like thinking Gatorade competes with Coca Cola :!:

:mrgreen:
(\__/)

Fuzz_Ball

Post by Fuzz_Ball » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:40 pm

Yep.
Not a Fuzz_Ball Funhouse project.
I'm logging lots of overtime at work and am mentally drained when I get home.
Keep up the good work and I'm glad you guys have your own space for testing new stuff.
_ Image * * Image

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:52 pm

Reiyel_3.0 wrote: @Herm. Thanks for your words and support Herm! And like POTS said, we don't need nor want a forum yet because we still want to see how this project goes first. We don't want to start a new forum just to delete it in a month xD
I agree, looks like only CG, MHM and MEAT's forum boards last longer here. :roll:
Fuzz_Ball wrote: Keep up the good work and I'm glad you guys have your own space for testing new stuff.
Thanks Fuzz!

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:44 pm

OK! Now I know this is not Fuzz's server. I also know I don't need to make space for a new forum.....yet! I too then say good luck and charge forward folks! Let me know if I can help while keeping in mind I'm likely too busy or old to actually be able to. LOL
~Peace~

Hermskii

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:19 pm

Can we use your "MH-MonsterHuntMayhem" map Herm? The one with the spaceship at start that says "Welcome to the MHM". That would be cool!

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:29 pm

Sure! Check your email eh! I'll start to send it right now.
~Peace~

Hermskii

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:21 pm

Suggestion:
Remove this map!

MH-BackHome2007
It puts you in a house surrounded by about 200 "Slanderous Pupa" with 250ish HP each. The pupae can't reach you on the top floor but you're only given a rifle to fight with, so you simply stand on the balcony shooting at the helpless mob below. After 15 minutes of mindless shooting, you move to the next room, where about 100 mercs with rockets, bio goo, and apparently snipers, spam the house with death. Oh and there's some titans.

I think we left the game at this point :?

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:56 pm

MH-BackHome2007 has been removed from the list as well as MH-MHMVillage{FINAL} due to a private request, plus all the admins agreed on that; we will keep the fixed version though so don't worry.
Thanks for the feedback.

[Edit]
Also MH-Ruins_Of_Naz-MarV1 and MH-ScrewedUpMonstersV2 are gone since they're both bugged while MH-MonsterHuntMayhem is on the server now (thanks Hermskii).

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:33 pm

Health and ammo regen or not?! This dilemma is driving me nuts!

I'm pretty sure I'm currently using the same settings Herm is using on his server:
- 5 units of health regeneration per second
- medium ammo regeneration rate on a scale from 2 (fastest) to 20 (slowest)
- 300 HP max health
- there's no configurable ammo cap unfortunately, and ammo regen varies according to the weapon

I also added the StrongMonsters mod on a separate column for some maps; me and 3 gave some of them a try and it still looks way too easy to me (we died like three times per map on average).

The problem is I can't run an "oldskool" MH server with no health nor ammo regen at all, but at the same time I don't want it to be too easy.
Some players ask for Translocators, Relics, SuperWeapons and stuff like that while others want a Co-op server disguised as MonsterHunt.
I actually blame those mappers who released tons of spam/BT maps during the last years, thus ruining the original game.
So I don't wanna lower the ammo regen rate even more, but at the same time most of the maps are way too easy with the current settings.

What if I set the health regen to 150 units max (just like the Relic of Regen does) but leaving the max overall health to 300, so you can take advantage of medboxes? What do you think? I'm also thinking the antiboost protection gives the players a huge advantage (no splash/self damage at all), so maybe we should lower the health regen cap.

Reiyel_3.0

Post by Reiyel_3.0 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:18 pm

*POTS* wrote:Health and ammo regen or not?! This dilemma is driving me nuts!

I'm pretty sure I'm currently using the same settings Herm is using on his server:
- 5 units of health regeneration per second
- medium ammo regeneration rate on a scale from 2 (fastest) to 20 (slowest)
- 300 HP max health
- there's no configurable ammo cap unfortunately, and ammo regen varies according to the weapon

I also added the StrongMonsters mod on a separate column for some maps; me and 3 gave some of them a try and it still looks way too easy to me (we died like three times per map on average).

The problem is I can't run an "oldskool" MH server with no health nor ammo regen at all, but at the same time I don't want it to be too easy.
Some players ask for Translocators, Relics, SuperWeapons and stuff like that while others want a Co-op server disguised as MonsterHunt.
I actually blame those mappers who released tons of spam/BT maps during the last years, thus ruining the original game.
So I don't wanna lower the ammo regen rate even more, but at the same time most of the maps are way too easy with the current settings.

What if I set the health regen to 150 units max (just like the Relic of Regen does) but leaving the max overall health to 300, so you can take advantage of medboxes? What do you think? I'm also thinking the antiboost protection gives the players a huge advantage (no splash/self damage at all), so maybe we should lower the health regen cap.
As I have told you, stop stressing yourself with this. Of course everyone is gonna ask for different stuff, but in the end is your server and you can't go around trying to please everyone, that's just not possible.

In my opinion, both health and ammo are perfect. But, if you HAVE TO, make some changes, change the health units regeneration.
(\__/)