I enjoyed playing it , hope you too .
:wink:
arrgh ! lost my head !

Hermskii
Site Admin
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Got it!

Post by Hermskii » Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:54 am

Thanks Derdak2rot. I got it and will have it installed tonight sometime.
~Peace~

Hermskii

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:02 pm

Since my game has been crashing a lot when I play MH-Dig-X, a.k.a. "Skaarj Mines", I'll be very interested to have a look at this one. Thanks for the link! :)
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:12 pm

I noticed in the "readme" for this map that there is a cool upgrade for sound rendering at this website: http://www.oldunreal.com/omp.shtml

As this site was also talking about using the latest Open_GL drivers along with a patch for the SC3T textures from the 2nd CD, I thought it might be well worth checking out the sound upgrade they are talking about too. :)
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

derdak2rot

Post by derdak2rot » Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:38 pm

i just found my very old cd with the S3TC textures , installed them and did a little tweak to my unreaaltournament.ini and what i saw :

AMAZING !!!! :D :D :D :D :D

i never knew unreal like that , its really a visual boost , the textures looks awesome . try it guys , it worth the try , i promise !

the link i found on BU forums , do all the things mentionned in the thread :

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=160250
arrgh ! lost my head !

Tleilaxu

Post by Tleilaxu » Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:37 pm

I liked the Map Cardi, the only thing that started to get on my nerves was the song, and the fact it repeated itself over and over, sounded like a real mine and all, but thats the problem, everything else look great but i did get lost a few times ;p. My fault, but nonetheless very great, one of the messages repeats itself when you touch, about the hydaulics i think. thats one thing i found.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Installed

Post by Hermskii » Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:42 pm

I just installed the new map a second ago. I haven't rebooted but I don't think I have to anyways. Now maybe I'll actually get to play it. I hate maps where they are so big you get lost by the way. All new maps should have multiple respawning points and maybe also disallow players to enter areas that have already been completed too.
~Peace~

Hermskii

K

Post by K » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:01 am

HA ha, :wink:
I was so about to post a thread about this map. I played it the other day and was so impressed with it I wrote the name of it down. Thats realy funny that you just put it on the server.

Wheeee. . . . So yeah i was impressed.
Verry well put together.
The architecture was the first thing i was "WOWing" over. And the good use of textures.
srry but I am a mapper too, and when i see good work i gotta stop playing sometimes and stare like a deer in headlights. lol
The first area was kick ass. Then when you finaly go into the caves you are treated agian.
Great find @ whome found this map!
We need more of these on the server!

On another note, there was one map i played yesterday that sucked realy badly, lol , wish i cought the name.
I was running down hallways that were lit but there were no light sources anywhere. "shakes head" also I remember running down a long coridoor of chain walls sourounding an emtey room then dropping into the room to see a titian. WTf? :lol: Thats when i had to concentrate on playing agian.
reguardless the map had a good flow so i guess thats why it was uploaded.
gg

Hermskii
Site Admin

Sky

Post by Hermskii » Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:06 pm

That maps name starts with Sky I think. Might be Skywars. It is actually a very good map for playing with someone who stops and tells you stuff like Nameless does. That map is always good for about 20-30 minutes of fun with several other players. Most folks freak out about the planes.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Nr.2000

Post by Nr.2000 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:54 pm

kortniechan wrote:HA ha, :wink:
On another note, there was one map i played yesterday that sucked realy badly, lol , wish i cought the name.
I was running down hallways that were lit but there were no light sources anywhere. "shakes head" also I remember running down a long coridoor of chain walls sourounding an emtey room then dropping into the room to see a titian. WTf? :lol: Thats when i had to concentrate on playing agian.
reguardless the map had a good flow so i guess thats why it was uploaded.
gg
Sounds like MH-hebereke_gaiden... I know there are chain corridors and a Titan in this map, that starts good but the ending is a bit strange. It have been made so it works like the ending in the old game Doom II.

If you think this is a bad-modelled map, then DON'T go play on other MH servers then Hermskii's. ;)

K

Post by K » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:25 am

Its not Sky wars. That map is pretty fun. So are the quantom fighters!

The map with the titian "continued" :
You end up in a big room with Quantom jet fighters hanging from the ceiling.

Yeah , alot of other servers have really crappy maps on board, lol
One map i was in was the worst ever, lol

"You spawn in what looks like an outside area with mountians in the distance, you have to make it across the area and jump into a square hole in the ground. All the while you are bombarded by secondary flack cannon shots. but the shots are comeing from square areas in the air. nothing is shooting them they are just apearing. Getting accross to the hole is near impossable. Gah its been so long since i played it and it got much worse from there. :lol: I think we should just let the memmory die. "

However ,
there are alot of great maps out there too. On other servers too. I have played one realy great Team map, where players had to pair up and stand on platforms to get these rods to come together to continue. The rods moved verry Verry slow, The whole time you were attacked by monsters. So to win two people had to step on the platforms, and two more would have to cover you or you would be knocked of the platforms and the rods would retract. Seriously team oriented. Much fun , when people knew what was going on. lol