Post all {MHM} related content here!
EvilGrins
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Spinner mismatch

Post by EvilGrins » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:03 am

Not always but fairly often when logging into a MonsterHunt game I get disconnected because of a mismatch with my version of 'spinner' and the one on the server. Now, I don't know what version I have but it's the complete package.

There 3 classes of spinner. The maiden, a massive one that will bite you in ½ or spit venom at you, or throw eggs at you that hatch on impact, along with hurting you, spawning a new spinner. Also jumps like you wouldn't believe! There's a really tiny, SUPER venomous spinner called the widow or something like that, and then there's the common spinner.

It's the common one I see on monsterhunt servers. Nobody ever has maidens running around, either because their version doesn't have it or they figure it's too powerful a bug to have running around.

What version of spinner does most everybody run?

Hermskii
Site Admin

Re: Spinner mismatch

Post by Hermskii » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:13 am

That is one of those files where this happens a lot. Derdak2rot (one of the greatest MH mappers ever) built my MHM map. In it there are those spiders you speak of. That file was likely one of the files in that map. If that is what he used then that is what is mostly used in mapping.

You will be the first complaint about that file in years here. I plan to keep the version I have. It would be cool if you could manage to download the different version or at least name the map it comes with on other servers so I could look at it.

I pretty much don't play anymore and certainly hardly ever found myself on any other servers but mine when I did.
~Peace~

Hermskii

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:02 pm

I never played Operation Na Pali but I did read up on the monsters that were in it and then hunted them down, to use on my system in conjunction with monster mutators.

Here ya go!

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:04 pm

Okay, I've tried 3 times now and for some reason the file won't attach. Dunno what's going on.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:29 pm

Well, Let's take the things different. Why you need to have a bunch of files in your client ? Usually I keep my client clean and I don't have troubles in visits. Even I give up using MonsterHunt mod to browse MH servers, I'm just using MonsterSeeker. Is querrying 3 MasterServers not one and sometimes I can see more than with default MH browser. I'm just connect to desired server and BINGO !!, I'm in game (sometimes after loading all files if they are not already in cache).

For modding and coding I'm using a different UT version altered with Editor 2.1 which is not used in NetPlay, is just for work, never for play.

The default smart rule for a player is to keep files downloaded in cache not in their places to meet mismatches. I don't see any reason for your complains.