Post all {MHM} related content here!
a nameless entity
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
NoMoreSpam: Silver

MH-Krogaar....... Assertion Failed error

Post by a nameless entity » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:55 am

Okay it's happened twice on two separate days:

You start to download the map's files and all seems well. Then the redirect server starts to stutter, and will only give you a little bit at a time, with lots of pausing in between the small squirts of data. Eventually it gives up entirely and your game crashes you back to the desktop.

Nasty! :(

MH-Krogaar
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Re: MH-Krogaar....... Assertion Failed error

Post by Hermskii » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:23 pm

Sadly it was still at that map when I logged in but it did give me all the files I needed to play and I had no issues. Can anyone else give it a go and report?
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:26 pm

I nuked my cache folder and all of the temp files and reconnected and it again gave me everything perfectly and quickly and I was able to get in and play. Somebody try it!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:19 am

About Krogaar I can't speak a lot but I know issues at KrogaarSE (probably bugs collection #2)
Let's see - take a breath first.
Map was a pain for admins in the past. I say was because for me is not right now - server related - I'm using mod with tweaks and XC stuff - troubles removed from server.
Now let's take a look in client.
I'm client, I'm voting, I enter that game, I play and play and play. Mission successfully accomplished, let's see votes... mmm anything is good this evening (or morning, etc.). Amazing, I was voting a simple cubed one which never crashed anything. Suddenly sprite animations (like rocket smoke) start bitching in stupid squared and I'm getting stuck, even there chances to crash my client ( else I crash it manually or I won't recover display either ) - THIS HAPPENS only after playing KrogaarSE and something similar - Trashes are crashing clients. Somewhere map has an area with bad textures setup and this will screw display related things which are Client-Side - as result of an attempt to reinvent wheel.
The rest:
- is too big anyway - EPIC never fooled with such Levels - ServerTravel is for such purposes (a big story + multiple episodes);
- a MonsterWayPoint from whatever tunnel is not reachable - MHv504 bring Bot there but you have to blindly jump around in order to "complete objective". Some next one also won't trigger last round of Skaarj - human only can do that, Bot goes there but... nothing happens.
Yes, Krogaar..any includes bugs.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:06 pm

I've never had that problem, what few times I found the map on a server, but then I've got 2 versions of it already on my system. The maps are very involved, which may make them hard to get.

Suggest you track the map down somewhere and download it. Should help online sever connecting.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:05 am

When are used things functional only in certain hardware and/or settings, the rest of players will suffer based on such "idea". You should keep in mind that stuff has to be compatible for all players not only a sort of player with a single prototype of hardware. I never aim such a purpose. This map has not been enough tested.

PS Note:
Sometimes I'm not totally glad about that "Bot Pathing".