a friend couldnt get in andromeda

Post all {MHM} related content here!
dani
NoMoreSpam: Silver

a friend couldnt get in andromeda

Post by dani » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:51 am

a friend of mine says that when he tries to get into andromeda he has a gun but cant shoot and cant see anybody. do you know what would cause that. he says so far its just andromeda. i went right after he tried and it was fine for me.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Welcome Dani

Post by Hermskii » Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:15 pm

No answer here. It works fine for me too. There are 2 maps that this does happen on regularly. There is a thread here about it somewhere. What kind of connection is your friend using. Welcome to the Forum too. Thanks for joining and I hope to see much more of you on here. Later.
~Peace~

Hermskii

dani

Post by dani » Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:25 am

i believe he uses dsl. it is strange. i have heard of that on the dm server i go to regularly. some people cant move or anything. but it is on like 2 maps. anyway thanks, and love your server. I go there all the time. :D
i forgot to mention that my friend (mt man) used to be able to play andromeda fine. really weird eh? :roll:

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:41 pm

I had this problem on a lot of maps at Jackie's server (nlcjr.com) some time ago. I would not be able to move at all, but I could shoot my gun. In my case the problem seemed to be the extra large texture set I had installed from the 2nd game cd. NR.2000 sent me a little program that fixes some of the textures, and all was well again.

Unfortunately this is not the only cause, as I have passed the fix on to at least one other player, and it did not help him at all. :(

One thing your friend might try is to switch back and forth between D3D and Open_GL, and see if one works where the other doesn't. :idea:
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

twsted

Post by twsted » Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:53 am

lol our friend is not pc savy like the rest of us....it'll take some coaxing from us to even get him to even TOUCH that Part of unreal...LOL :shock:

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:11 pm

If he hasn't touched anything in the game, then he is running D3D by default.

If he isn't willing to make some changes, then he will have to accept that there are certain maps he won't be able to play in. You could explain to him that any changes he makes will only affect the game of Unreal Tournament, not his whole computer. It will take some experimenting to find out what works.
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

dani

Post by dani » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:34 am

well twstd lives near him so i think he should go over there and see just wat the heck is really going on. :P then maybe we would know what to do to help him. all i know is i have played andromeda with him before but now he says he cant move, has a gun but it wont shoot, and he cant see other people. i think he needs a new computer with a fresh install of ut. :lol:

K

Post by K » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:50 am

Sometimes if you join a server while the map switches or if a map gets locked up and switches - it is possable to get stuck in limbo. You actualy are stuck in the map before it switches. This makes you the only player and makes other stuff screwed up . Not being able to shoot,move,see anyone else at all. . . excetera.

It doesnt happen that often, but when it does i just reconnect to the server and all is back to normal. If yours gets screwed up again , open up the serverlist and look what map the server is playing and see if thats what your in by hitting F1 "look at the bottom of the screen" :mrgreen:

twsted

Post by twsted » Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:07 pm

i think he needs to delete c:/unrealtournament..... an start from scratch again...or.....take a screen shot of any errors he gets so we can see what the deal is , but its prolly just easier for all of us if he'd just delete the unreal directory an start over

He has an old hp p3 at best 800mghrtz 256 mb of ram and a onboard video card so thats what he has to work with ...an theres no ..well if he change this or that ..cause ive tryed to talk to him about that ...it just wont happen...lol

but.... he plays on a dm server and has never had any problems that i know of...so who knows,,,lol