Official {MHM} Change Log. Make all change requests here!

Post all {MHM} related content here!
Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: Official {MHM} Change Log. Make all change requests here

Post by Hermskii » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:48 pm

I appreciate the heads up on that and you mentioned new server. While {MHM} is as old and unchanged as it ever was I am considering some upgrades but under the watchful eyes of Nelsona and Kelly. I haven't done squat with {MHM} in an a long time and I don't want to break it but there are too many good things out there to pass up on upgrading and becoming a contender again.

I look at the MH2 that Kelly made and the huge list of fixes that Nelsona has applied. I want to get the very best of both worlds while trying to keep the original {MHM} feel. I don't care about ranking but maybe I do a little in that I'd rather have a played server than a dead one.

I saw you playing on it the other day in fact and yes all of the servers still get play time which still blows me away that people still show up to play on them with all of the cool ones out there.

Kelly made a good point though the other day about the way Nelsona has set up MH to be hard. that was my intention with {MHM}. I don't want the hunters to be care free. I want them to die lots and lose if they aren't careful. Sadly I'm not aware of where that middle ground is between what I have and adding MH2 and then the MHM Gold maybe and then Nelsona's stuff. My head begins to split open just thinking about it all.
~Peace~

Hermskii

a nameless entity
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No

Post by a nameless entity » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:10 am

It sounds awesome! I will look forward to seeing the changes! :D
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

KellyD

Post by KellyD » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:39 pm

If you want some advice then get with Nels and let him set up the server. His playstyle is exactly what you like and his testing server runs just the way you'd set one up. His MH runs solid as iron and you can use bots for when the server runs with only one person. My hat is off to him, he did all the things I wanted to do but didn't have the skill level to accomplish.
Retired. Please email to contact.

Hook
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:08 pm

I think KellyD is right - Nelsona does MH great.
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:15 pm

Big words let's say are not a need... I'm waiting reports related to nasty problems caused by "attaching MH2 types" or such. At MHv504 nobody requested a fix for handling dispersion by Mr. Bot - but for such case I have a mutator to slow down Bot blabbering with Dispersion - it's annoying in original and it's may fault for testing only good loaded maps where Bot was always loaded with UT stuff.

Speaking with Sc]-[long admin, I gave him a setup for some MH2 meant to support in future external or internal tweaks. I'm not fully impressed. MapVoteLA13 in original + some colored Nexgen + whatever stuff seems to trigger some nasty things (even at MapVote) which I don't like. I'm not sure about server stuff used there (textures, etc.).
At this moment I'm shocked and confused about these occurrences. My stupid HP machine running MH stuff doesn't include flaws - I don't know what to fix since those errors were 0 in my machine. In other environment Nexgen Valhalla + Mapvote seems to do funky things which I never heard of them. I cannot fix Nexgen using MH2 - I don't have skill to attack bad server mods using internal game-core. I'm using tools rewritten according to some Wiki rules and results are clean - I don't know which deal I need for Nexgens and the rest of "goodies" which seems just trash still used in 2015.

I'm using several actors and mutators more or less rewritten
- MRele - actor working with monsters visible through glasses in a controlled quantity;
- MapVote (like LA14) - removed some useless lines - no errors but has to be fully tested, and can't fully test it because I don't have 4096 maps anyway to load it at boundary;
- MHRepPower - a new strategic toy decreasing the monster load - monster waiting is not in game to load <pawnlist> insanely called in MH;
- A sort of ServerAdds - test and reminders for me;
- A WeaponLoader2 which I removed - it makes maps too easy.

Aside: because I'm using 2 MH types which have the same map prefix (MH) sometimes mutators got screwed at first run, so I added an ActorCLP to gain a restart only for such reason else I could do another crap into a so called RevoteCube. Server starts with 0 declaration "Entry.unr + parameters" no gametype declared - no mutator triggered. Then ActorCLP loads ONLY Mapvote. When MapVote Starts, it loads the rest of things + the gameclass (MHv504+muts or MH2+less muts), nothing called twice or multiple times.

If you want to race a bit into other MH lands we can speak more.