Official {MHM} Change Log. Make all change requests here!

Post all {MHM} related content here!
Hermskii
Site Admin
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: Please add this map to MHM...

Post by Hermskii » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:13 am

Yes, it was what I needed. I have done what you needed as well. The new start-up map is in place, tested and functional. I added that MH-IslandInvasion map too. I played some of it for just a second. It has a pretty tuff start and is strange to me to not force me to go in any certain direction. You know how MH usually channels you through a certain path. Not this one. Looks like it will be fun and a good map to cycle. Thanks!

Scotty, I will be asking you for a remake of your startup map eventually and I will then switch to it eventually as well. I love my "funnel" start up map as POTS puts it. But not all change is always bad.
~Peace~

Hermskii

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:28 am

It's a great concept. Such a simple and straightforward solving of a problem. We are threading about using the same concept on the Na Pali server to choose between the different quests instead of loading mapvote.

Just let me know any way I can help. I'm done for now with DeadCity so I'm kinda between projects (whew).

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:42 pm

Hermskii wrote:I have done what you needed as well. The new start-up map is in place, tested and functional. I added that MH-IslandInvasion map too. I played some of it for just a second. It has a pretty tuff start and is strange to me to not force me to go in any certain direction. You know how MH usually channels you through a certain path. Not this one. Looks like it will be fun and a good map to cycle. Thanks!
No problem Herm, yeah that map is nice, good job!
Plain Old Telephone Service

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:31 am

Is it many routes to one place?( like AKEMI)
Or is it multiple objectives around the place? (like Haunted)

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:31 pm

None of them, it's kind of search & destroy: kill all monsters in order to complete the map. Sometimes the monster-counter goes crazy, though. :?

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:13 am

I played it, my word it's unusual!

But could someone make your spawn areas less lethal, I'm SICK of being spawnkilled and sheeeesh someone please do something about that skaarj hero who leaps around the map and shoots you when you spawn, he got me about 7 times in a row.
And why are there loads of monsters out in the water? it just makes the end longer cos u have to hunt them with nukes.That's if you EVER reach the end considering you spawn on a beach somewhere armed with a PISTOL and are expected to take on 20 skaarj.Music is annoying too :-

Nice Idea, just so many problems when actually played.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:56 pm

I sorta like the concept of not being driven through a map and I like being driven through a map too. Maybe the mappers here need to get busy making one that falls along the lines of go out in any direction and get it but make sure that you can find what has to be gotten. It would be neat to have a map where no matter where you spawn there are directions to go but in the end it is about killing the most the fastest. Maybe a North South East West concept at the spawn points with plenty to fight in every direction.

Oh, I am on beer number 4 right now. It was just one of those thoughts where I do nothing about anything I mention except reap the rewards when it is completed by some poor sucker that goes "Hey, that's sounds like a pretty fair idea. Maybe I'll try it".

I'll only ask that there be "NO BT" whatsoever.
~Peace~

Hermskii

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:13 pm

Hermskii wrote:I sorta like the concept of not being driven through a map and I like being driven through a map too. Maybe the mappers here need to get busy making one that falls along the lines of go out in any direction and get it but make sure that you can find what has to be gotten. It would be neat to have a map where no matter where you spawn there are directions to go but in the end it is about killing the most the fastest. Maybe a North South East West concept at the spawn points with plenty to fight in every direction.
Hmm something kind of MH-Planeshifter... but somehow different at the same time.

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:28 am

Planeshifter is one of my favorites, it's a nice idea and it actually works too, it's nice to have a couple of choices about your game, 5 choices if you count whether to active the Portal Stones or not.

Besides, it's so satisfying if there's 2 of you and you both speak english and you both choose differant paths...

Only snag is that theres a place in the Air plane where the reverse gravity effect cuts out and you get stuck on the floor with no way out...Where's Scotty? :D

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:10 pm

You rang? What map and whats wrong. I'll post a fix tonight :D

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:15 pm

See above for details :)

See if you can find the Air plane in editor (lots of floating platforms), If you could see an area with no "lift player up" effect it would help :)

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:07 pm

Found the map in my stuff. Let me do a play through this afternoon and I'll get back to you on it. I don't think I've ever played it.

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:14 am

OK played the map through. In the Air room I can't see how you could possibly not get pushed back up. There are no areas that don't allow for it. Perhaps you lagged in the zone and passed through before being repelled?

I did find some nasty BSP errors in the caves that kill you just by touching them and the fire section has a lot of HOM errors in it too. I'm not gonna do map cleanup though on stuff like that. The maker can do that sort of thing. I'll fix broken stuff and issues preventing proper function.

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:25 pm

I fell through the Air room cloud and left a small crater, I'm pretty sure somethings wrong there :|

Besides, I don't lag...usually.

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:43 pm

No idea what it could be. The repel zone covers the entire floor. I played all over in there and never found a bad area. I'm wondering if something canceled your repulsion. Had one of the bags shot you on the way down?