CROSSBONES TEST Server - the New PirateDeemerCMM ...

HOOK's UT Place Forum, Website and Server Link!
Hook
NoMoreSpam: Silver
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

CROSSBONES TEST Server - the New PirateDeemerCMM ...

Post by Hook » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:51 pm

Some of you have had the good fortune of playing on the CROSSBONES TEST Server. :wink:
It is Featuring the New PirateDeemerCMM current version 006 at the moment.
This new server WILL Become the New CROSSBONES Redeemer Arena Server.
(CLD will become DeathMatch Only with Regular weapons and also the New NALI WEAPONS by Feralidragon)
I am looking for any suggestions for this New Redeemer Mod.
Maybe go play all the 4 columns in MapVote and come back here and discuss what you like and what you do not like about each of the 4 set ups.
Give me some Suggestions also, that you think all would like. Anything!
Maybe some New ways to Configure the New Redeemer that would be Cool? :P
Note: I will post this over at my forum also. :wink:
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

5i1ent/3ob

Re: CROSSBONES TEST Server - the New PirateDeemerCMM ...

Post by 5i1ent/3ob » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:29 pm

I hope I can be honest without offending, but I'm not sure if I get the blast delay.
I finally figured out a strategy that works, but it almost seems pointless to me.
I understand your position that it curtails spawn killing, but my experience during game play was that several times I spawned right into a blast cloud and a few times it was my own.
It didn't really feel like I was playing opponents, but rather trapping random players by chance.
Most of my shots that killed were completely by chance. That is to say, the shot (aim, timing, etc) had less bearing on getting kills than did happenstance of someone wondering into my lingering blast cloud.
I can see where the ultimate strategy will be simply to plant a translocator at a safe local, venture out to create some clouds and then teleport back to safety to wait for the frags.
It makes more sense to me to look at the weapon as poison gas rather than explosion or concussion and in that vein it might be very cool to add gas masks which allow one to survive the "cloud".
I haven't ruled it out yet and am looking forward to playing the mod again, but I don't think it will be at the top of my list for fun mods.
On the other side of it all I surely do appreciate all the effort and creativity you put into your servers, Hook and I very much enjoy playing on them.

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:17 pm

Thank you for your input here - we will use it to better the configurations of the new redeemer.
You are obviously talking about the Column 4 "The CREEPER" configuration. :wink:
The way the Configurations are set up currently is more of a small sampling of some things we can do with it, and these aren't even the extreme examples. :?
I have made a few minor tweaks since last night's games.

Any comments on the Other Configurations? (Columns 1, 2 or 3)?

Anybody else? Hermskii? (or do you want to wait until you have played all 4?)

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:00 pm

I hate to try to reply now when the things I notice are always in game. I liked the creeper gametype but I think they creeped to slow. I'd rather have guiding than a scope on the right click too. I love sniper dot effect by the way. I think we were in column 1 for that on Morpheus.

I will need more play time too. I dig the sounds of the pirate deemer in column 1 too. I wish the explosion were slightly bigger like between a deemer and a grenade. More on this as I play more. The CUT2 server kept me way busy last night. Man that thing is going to take forever I fear. The server box itself gave me many hours of grief. I changed out a hard drive at it stopped turning on for three hours. I was physically beating it when it came back to life finally.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hook

Post by Hook » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:31 am

Yes, I will be adding the "RIDE" feature to all the Column Configurations.
Seems all like that better than the zooming sniper scope also.
I will try out some new configurations altered a bit and see how they are.

Thanks!

Hook

Post by Hook » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:15 pm

OK, we made a few Changes due to some of the feed back recieved so far...
NOW, Currently in the New REDEEMER Test Server our MapVote Columns are set up like the following...

Column 1 - Title = STINGER I w/ride
Column 2 - Title = STINGER II w/zoom :mrgreen:
Column 3 - Title = Big BOOM + RIDE
Column 4 - Title = The CREEPER w/ride
:mrgreen:

SO FAR, this set up offers a pretty wide variety of Redeemer Game Styles! :wink:
It somewhat covers them all, at least for Trials.
We can do a LOT more with this new mod, but this is Just a Sampling of a few ways we can set it up.

Explanations of Current Configurations...

Column 1 "STINGER I"...
Medium-High Speed Missile with a very small, Snappy and fast (somewhat deadly) Blast and Single Shock wave.
Cool Quake-III Explosion Sound with an awesome Echo!
(Our Old Stinger from 2010 - With "Stinger" Ride-N-Guide - a "favorite" Back by Popular Demand!)

Column 2 "STINGER II"...
Our NEW for 2011 High Speed Missile with a very small, Snappy and fast (but Devastatingly Deadly) Blast and Double Shock wave.
Fast Firing like a slower automatic weapon if desired by player.
Fast Action Play and Requires a bit more skill than most redeemers!
You REALLY Have to be On Your Toes for this version!!! :o :lol:
(With Zoom-View - think "Sniper")

Column 3 "Big BOOM + RIDE"...
Our NEW for 2011 Medium Speed Missile with a fairly Large Blast and a (deadly) Extended Double Shock wave.
Selectable by the player -> Zoom-View or "Standard" Ride-N-Guide (BOTH -> mid game - anytime)

Column 4 "The CREEPER"...
Our NEW for 2011 Slow Speed (lumbering) Missile with a Very Large (think Huge) Blast and Extended Double Shock wave that is Slow moving (but Devastatingly Deadly) destroying and tearing up anything in its path.
Slow firing (Slow Automatic firing if desired by player also) - Slow Recovery - so pretty hard to "spam" it.
Kind of reminds me of Old Skool Redeemer, but on a much Grander EPIC scale! :wink:
(With "Standard" Ride-N-Guide)

We will see how this set up goes for a bit now.
More Configurations may be coming.
Let us know if YOU have any Good ideas for another Redeemer type!!! :P

The Private TEST Server SHOULD be Opening Up to the Public very soon! - FYI! :wink:

PS: I will also be adding back in a few things...
1 - The Sniper Laser Dot Sight! <- (most players Love it - adds excitement and warnings)
2 - ValhallaAvatar! (to handle custom skins)
3 - A Score Protection (like Phoenix) for If you loose your connection - you come back in with the score you left with.

I do Not think we need a Spawn Protection at all. (kind of for wimpy servers LOL) :roll:
MEAT had always told me to add it, but nobody (else) really wants it - I don't really want it either!
I get more complaints about this than anything else.

5i1ent/3ob

Post by 5i1ent/3ob » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:00 pm

Been playing in the Creeper mod and it's probably just because my computer is puny, but when the shock wave clouds start to accumulate I begin to lag like crazy.
It'll get so bad that I can spin around or select the trans without waiting for things to catch up.
Again, I'm sure it's my computer because I have the exact same problem in some maps with tons of textures. The old one called Mirror-mirror was a map I could hardly move in.
There's a city one too that DonDon favored which I lag badly in also.
I'm guess the shock wave clouds are the same as textures?

Hook

Post by Hook » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:41 pm

Yes, there are a few maps LOL that I lag a bit in also.
One is called DM-mycity.

Some GREAT News - Finally! ... :mrgreen:
I have given Lucifur the "Go-Ahead" to Go PUBLIC with the New Redeemer Server!
We will be using the "PirateDeemerCMM" BETA version 006 for the time being.
This "Beta" version is still Not totally complete or finished, but it is already a Very Good redeemer mod and is totally FUN!!! :D

There are just a few more things that need doing/adding to this mod.
When the finished version comes along in a few weeks we will Update/Upgrade to that version and it will be even Better!

This NEW "PirateDeemerCMM006" mod will be featured in Columns 2, 3 and 4 of MapVote, at least For Now.
And, even though Columns 2, 3 and 4 of MapVote all use the very Same New "PirateDeemerCMM" mod, it will be hard for you to even detect this.
Virtually all the people who have been playing the server refer to the different configurations as whole different mods, even though I keep telling them that these are all the SAME mod! LOL
Column 1 is a different mod though.
Column 1 is an Older Redeemer mod version that is very well liked, so I thought we should Bring it on Forward along with the new stuff. :wink:

The New "PirateDeemerCMM" mod is set up "Modular", so changing it to just about Any Redeemer Configuration is a Snap!

To use the Different Available Weapon Modes, (if configured that way by the admin) just use the keys that you would normally use to Switch Weapons as you would with regular weapons DM.
For instance, With the Current Column 3 set-up what you have available is our Custom CMM Radar-Translocator - OR - our Custom reticule CMM zoom-view scope - OR - You can switch to our Custom CMM Radar-Ride-N-Guide.
ANY of these, at ANY time, Mid Game!
Oh, and our Custom CMM Radar-Ride-N-Guide also points out what players are Bots (red distance numbers) and what players are Real Players (white distance numbers).
The Custom CMM Radar-Translocator does Not show the difference between Bots and Real Players.
NOTE: Radar CAN be "ON" or "OFF" (at the admins choice) for either or both of our Custom CMM Radar-Translocator or our Custom CMM Radar-Ride-N-Guide.

Laser Sights and ValhalaAvatar are back in also! YAY!

More Later when the New Server is Confirmed Open to the Public! :wink:

PS: For more "detailed" information (Coming) about this new redeemer mod, and the use of it, visit -> Hook's UT Place
http://hooksutplace.freeforums.org

Hook

Post by Hook » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:19 am

Hermskii wrote:And it begins!
YES!
We are NOW Finally LIVE!
And, "Someone we all Love to BEAT" (as they used to say) says that all the redeemer servers are dead - other than his. :lol:
Yep, he just posted it. :lol: :lol: :lol: (I am glad he thinks that ROFL) :lol:
Yah - Right. Ahem! :blahblah1:

Anyway - Look for us in Your Browser!
Name: CROSSBONES Lucifurs Missile Madness {CMM} MEGA-Deemer 2011
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777

Just let us know if there is Some Special Configuration you want us to try...
OR, is there some Tweaks to how it is currently set up that you want us to do or try?
Just Let Us Know! :P
We can do just about ANY Configuration to OUR Redeemer mod that YOU can think of!
This mod is the Most Configurable and Flexible mod for Redeemer out there, anywhere Ever! :woot:
ONLY Here at our New Server - Now!
(Ahem, at least while you can - Because I am sure we will see some UN-Authorized "Copy-Cat" servers out there I bet, and soon I am afraid - they are probably busily at work on it already.) :? :roll:

HAVE FUN and ENJOY!!! :D

Also, Just a bit of Feedback I just received in a PM to me... (I will hold out the name for now) :wink:
"Sent: 26 Jan 2011 09:00 am
To: Hook

Yo Hook!

I got a chance to play on the server last night and even sparred with Keller for a spell.
Man I haven't laughed so hard in a long time.
Fantastic work to you and all the Coders on the new server.
Boy would I love to have the creeper spawn once in a while on my MH server....LoL!

Two Thumbs up!
"

Thank you buddy! - Hook

ZippityDooDa

Post by ZippityDooDa » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:23 pm

Hook wrote:
Hermskii wrote:And it begins!
YES!
We are NOW Finally LIVE!
And, "Someone we all Love to BEAT" (as they used to say) says that all the redeemer servers are dead - other than his. :lol:
Yep, he just posted it. :lol: :lol: :lol: (I am glad he thinks that ROFL) :lol:
Yah - Right. Ahem! :blahblah1:

Anyway - Look for us in Your Browser!
Name: CROSSBONES Lucifurs Missile Madness {CMM} MEGA-Deemer 2011
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777

Just let us know if there is Some Special Configuration you want us to try...
OR, is there some Tweaks to how it is currently set up that you want us to do or try?
Just Let Us Know! :P
We can do just about ANY Configuration to OUR Redeemer mod that YOU can think of!
This mod is the Most Configurable and Flexible mod for Redeemer out there, anywhere Ever! :woot:
ONLY Here at our New Server - Now!
(Ahem, at least while you can - Because I am sure we will see some UN-Authorized "Copy-Cat" servers out there I bet, and soon I am afraid - they are probably busily at work on it already.) :? :roll:

HAVE FUN and ENJOY!!! :D

Also, Just a bit of Feedback I just received in a PM to me... (I will hold out the name for now) :wink:
"Sent: 26 Jan 2011 09:00 am
To: Hook

Yo Hook!

I got a chance to play on the server last night and even sparred with Keller for a spell.
Man I haven't laughed so hard in a long time.
Fantastic work to you and all the Coders on the new server.
Boy would I love to have the creeper spawn once in a while on my MH server....LoL!

Two Thumbs up!
"

Thank you buddy! - Hook
I can't believe the great turnout we are having with that new server Guys, unbelievable, people coming out of the wood work there lol. I here good things about the fast stinger from members and and others!, I'll be there in spirit this weekend!!
11100000.11111111.11111111.00000000 /24

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:06 pm

In spirit? You have duty or something?
~Peace~

Hermskii

ZippityDooDa

Post by ZippityDooDa » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:44 pm

Hermskii wrote:In spirit? You have duty or something?
I only work the weekends, at the cable company. I am not in the Air force anymore, veteran.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:14 am

Ahhhh! OK then veteran. I wish I had a weekend only job! Peace.
~Peace~

Hermskii

ZippityDooDa

Post by ZippityDooDa » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:34 am

Hermskii wrote:Ahhhh! OK then veteran. I wish I had a weekend only job! Peace.
yea, its not too bad lol

Hook

Post by Hook » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:33 pm

NOTE: You can also view the following here...
http://hooksutplace.freeforums.org/the- ... -t995.html

The NEW PirateDeemerCMM - OPERATION ...

Hello friends! :P

The New and Coming New Redeemer...
One thing to keep in mind here is that this new redeemer mod is all ONE redeemer mod that can be set up in almost any configuration using settings in its .ini file.
So, the "boom" can be adjusted to about Any Size you want. small or large or somewhere in between.
We can adjust virtually ANY aspect of this mod to whatever you want. :wink:
So far, the .ini file has about 40+ settings for this mod - and that does not include the settings for the chat censor part of this mod called "Pirate Talk" that keeps the chat clean of most cuss words etc.
Yep, this mod does and will have just about everything! :P
That being said, we should Never be accused of copy-catting Any server redeemer mod, that would for sure and certainly be a "Mute Point" and totally UN-true, simply because this mod does just about anything, already. :lol: :wink:

Below is a "preliminary" Outline on the Operation of the current PirateDeemerCMM, BETA version 006, PLUS the NEW Redeemer coming that is Based on our Innovative Original PirateDeemerCMM mod.
In other words, this is basically how to use it.

Already there are probably a few things being copied from the earlier version 004 and the current 006 that is on {CMM} by others, like adjusting the speed - ahem.
But nothing too bad, and it is not a worry at all. LOL. 8) Who cares LOL :lol:

OK - so READ the following Information (Draft) and see how things are planned to work on the New Deemer - SO Far!...
(we are of course keeping the Latest versions of this mod somewhat under wraps for a while, but I can tell you that things are really Working Smoothly, like a Well Oiled Machine in the newer versions to come - Already!)
This mod just keeps getting Better and Better and works Flawlessly!
Any Questions - let me know!

===================================================
PirateDeemerCMM - Player Operation
=================================

Basic Firing Modes ... (so far - more MAY be coming)

1) Primary Firing (Left Mouse Click)
Depress (One Click) the Left Mouse key momentarily - Fires a Single Missile.
Hold the Left Mouse button down and the Missiles fire in Automatic Succession.
This "Automatic Succession" can be slow, somewhere medium or fast, depending on how it is set in the ini file.
This New Feature, that is Exclusive to our new mod, the Adjustable Firing Rate, is a Really Good one that works Awesomely in several of the Configurations, like in "STINGER II" and also in "The CREEPER"!
It really makes it a lot more interesting! :P

2) Alternate Firing (Alt-Fire)(Right Mouse Click)
This has two (2) modes, depending on which weapon mode you are using at the moment.
This is also set up in the ini file by the server admin as to which mode(s) are available to the players.
(See "Switching Configurations" below)
The 2 available Alt-Fire modes are as follows.

A) Ride the Missile (as with the normal Redeemer)
and
B) Zooming Sniper View (Our Own Custom view scope version)
This mainly just helps you see far distances in Large Maps.
Derived from the stock sniper rifle scope but with our own cool Custom additions like no other.
A number of weapon mods out there have this feature, so we decided that this mod should not be left out, but we made ours a bit different - Cool! 8)

PLUS the Radar-Translocator of course! :wink:

Radar Modes ... (there are 2 so far)

1) Translocator Radar (If it is Set to "ON" by server admin)
Scroll to the Custom Translocator to use the Translocator Radar.
(Note this is NOT the normal Translocator - it is Custom for this mod)
When you are using the Custom Translocator, but not teleporting, you will see all players within range as radar targets.
There will be a little crosshair on each target and underneath that you will see the distance away it is from you in Map World Units.
These targets show up even through walls and objects in the map, so it is "As The Crow Flies" straight to the target, so to speak.
Radar Targets will show up on your screen in this mode within 7,000 world units range of yourself.
Outside of this 7,000 unit range, radar targets do not show up.
(Note: this radar range is adjustable on the latest versions of this mod)
All radar targets show the same - Bots or Real Players are the same target readout.

2) Alternate Firing Radar (If it is Set to "ON" by server admin)
When you execute and Alt-Fire (Right Mouse Click) when in Ride-N-Glide mode, you will aquire radar targets as you ride.
This is all the same as the Translocator Radar described above, but with one COOL difference.
In this Ride-N-Glide Radar mode, you can see if the radar targets are Bots or Real Players.
Bots are indicated by having Red distance units on the radar targets and Real Players have White distance units displayed.
This way, when you are riding around searching for targets, you won't have to waste your time pursuing a bot.

This radar is not a cheat at all and is Totally Fair because ALL players have it.
(and also because it uses the STOCK redeemer radar so as not to be a cheat on your system - according to Gopo)
It is actually Very Useful also, especially in the Larger maps, so you can find where the action is reasonably soon without wasting tons of time running around a map endlessly looking for others.
It is Very Helpful to New Players too!
Of course the radars (either or both) can be turned "ON" or "OFF" by the server admin - if desired. :wink:

Switching Configurations ...

To switch between Available Configurations in this mod, use your Designated Switch Weapons Hot Keys, or your Mouse Scroll Wheel if set up that way, just as you would rotate between weapons in a regular weapons Death Match game.
IMPORTANT: This is also how you switch to using the Custom Radar Translocator - Same as switching or rotating weapons.
(With our Custom Radar-Translocator you do NOT use your regular translocator hot key)

The Number of "available" configurations in the Scrolling Weapon Rotation is configured by the server admin only.
For Example: You MAY have only the Ride-N-Glide configuration (1) available to you.
OR - You MAY have the Ride-N-Glide and the Zoom View configurations (2) available to you.
OR - You MAY have the Ride-N-Glide, the Zoom View, and the Radar Translocator configurations (3) available to you.
OR - You MAY have other types of configurations available to you. (any number? - Not confirmed! YET)
NOTE: This "Weapon Rotation" is something that I came up with and engineered for this New Redeemer mod and it does NOT involve any coding at all.
It does this as it is and actually, just about Any mod can be set up this way for different configurations.
It is virtually the Same "Trick" that Helen and I came up with that we use for the medToggle210 map tweaking mod we use in our Servers.
I also once told MEAT about it so he could do it on his server, so he may be doing it also. :roll:
Ask me about it if you are interested! - (this "trick" is also posted elsewhere here at HUTP)
:wink:
Each Available Configuration (Except for the Radar Translocator) will have a Special HUD Notation on your screen (coming in the latest versions) so you can identify which configuration you are using.
For Example: You may rotate to a configuration and the word "ZOOMVIEW" may show in your HUD - or maybe "RIDE-N-GLIDE" may show up, etc.
The location of the configuration indicator in your HUD is yet to be determined - Stay Tuned!

In conclusion ...
This all becomes very easy and "second nature" after a short time using this Fun and Versatile new redeemer weapon.

If I think of anything else, I will edit this post (or reply to it) adding the new and/or left out information.

Be sure to Let US know if there is some Cool Redeemer Configuration that YOU may want to try! <- THANK YOU!!!

Thank you! - And Enjoy this New Redeemer Weapon for 2011 and beyond!
It is YOURS to Mold into whatever!!! YAY!!!