Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: {HOHCUT2K4} Change Log

Post by Hermskii » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:04 pm

Hey Nameless! I got this for you mannnnnn! LOL. A fella by the name of Raj answered a post I had requesting this mod. It is the UT2K4ScoreSaver mod. Yes, it is the UT2004 answer to the Phoenix mod! I'll try to get it installed either tonight or in the next few days mannnnn! Thanks Raj!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:55 pm

I just downloaded several map packs of all of the UT99 maps converted over to UT2004! I can't wait to get them installed but wait. Yes I can. I will get them installed and will update here when they are on. I also found a translocator that sticks to anything it touches! Yes, you can kill people with it too! I think I'll be using it on the server too!
~Peace~

Hermskii

a nameless entity
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No

Post by a nameless entity » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:45 am

Awesome that you got the text to speech to work so quickly tonight. I expect that the "Phoenix" mod will work out too.

And if you can replace the not so hot ut2k4 translocator with one that you can actually frag with, that would be awesome too! :mrgreen:

Oh and a link to those map packs, please! Awesome! 8)
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:05 am

1. Yes, I'm thrilled I got the voice thing to work. I was real worried there for a sec because in searching for a resolution for it I found none.

2. The Phoenix type mod "DOES WORK" now! It is totally cool! It even says in some cool chich voice that your "Stats have been recovered". I got it figured out right after you left!

3. I hope to install the Sticky Translocator this weekend! I copied the ReadMe file description portion from the Sticky Trans...

"This mut replaces all translocators with the StickyTranslocator which sticks to all players, vehicles, walls, and cielings, you can also press Q once a trans is out and spy on players. Has an option to disable / enable telefragging. Telefrags aren't gauranteed if the player is moving or the trans isnt fully stuck to the player ( And of course you have to have telefragging enabled.)"

4. Links? You wanted some links to the maps I told you about tonight while we were gaming? OK. Fine! Here you go then: http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=194866 and for the record, I have not even downloaded these yet and I have tons of other awesome maps for UT2K4. These new maps will make your eyes bleed they are so awesome! I also have been collecting a ton of sweet ones for UT99 BABY!!! They will go on all of the UT99 {HOH} servers. I also hope to get these UT2004 remakes of UT99 maps installed this weekend as well!

LOL. I figure I still have a couple months of work to do around here and on these servers! Yes, I'm a little excited about it! Peace!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:31 am

Is that "Text to Speech" thingie a UT2k4 feature or can that be done with UT99?
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:57 am

It is a cool feature built into UT2004 only. You type a message as usual like GG and it will say "Good Game" to everyone over their speakers. When they type, you don't have to stop and look real quick to see what they said because your computer will say it out loud as you play. You never miss a message!

I don't think UT has the code at all to me able to do it. Windows 7 forces the voice to me Microsoft Anna whereas XP allows you to choose any of the several voices that are optional with UT2004. It is a really cool feature. there is also built in voice chat in UT2004. I have never used the feature but I'm sure it works. Maybe that will be another thing for me to set up on this server. I hate having to stop and type messages. Hmmmmmm? Yeah, maybe I will look into setting up the voice chat as well. I hear it hurts game performance though but that was a long time ago. PCs are so much better now as is the internet connection speeds.
~Peace~

Hermskii

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:10 pm

Holy cow! I hope I have room for all those, although I think I have a number of them already. You have a few of them on the server already too, Herm. Awesome stuff, thanks! :D

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:35 pm

OK then! I have installed the Sticky translocator and it seems to work as described but I see a few things I think I don't like. It seems to take over as the weapon of choice. You spawn with it and even if you run over better weapons, it will not change. You have to change the weapon yourself! I'm unsure about that to the point that I may have to remove it BUT I'll let the person who plays the server the most tell me what I should do first and then I'll make the deciding call. I like it. It's pretty cool but it has some downsides so let's see what happens in the near future. Now it is time to start installing some of these old school UT99 maps into {HOHCUT2K4}.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:31 am

Added tons and tons of new maps but mainly maps from UT99 that have been converted to UT2K4! OMG! There are lots of new maps! I turned down the bots a notch too but they seem too weak. I will likely turn them back up but want to keep them weak for now.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:56 am

Expect several "Sever Refused to Send" errors. You can't add 30+ maps with several of them being the same as others and sharing files. I added tons of stuff tonight and tested lots but not all. I did not have enough time.

Please make sure to tell me exactly what any error says so I can fix it quick. For some there simply is no fix. There are maps using different versions of the same named files. I have to decide which ones are good enough to keep and only cycle them. Peace. Tired. Bed-Time!
~Peace~

Hermskii

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:08 am

Roger on the sticky translocator. I like that it will stick to the wall near the spot you're trying to get to, but hate that it is now the default weapon.

I spent a while configuring my weapon preferences after I realized that just because the Chaos weapons replace standard weapons, they don't assume those places on your list. It also seems random whether or not Chaos weapons auto switch according to your order of preference after you go to the trouble of configuring them. Another weakness of the mod is that you don't switch to your next best available weapon when you run out of ammo. It is most annoying to realize you're trying to frag someone with an empty rifle.

I'm not sure, but the new sticky translocator may be complicating things further here regarding weapon switching. If its properties can be adjusted, fine. Otherwise it's your call on what to do. I have no preference myself so far, but will try to see what's going on with it. I've only used it for one evening to this point.

As to the bots, they're not too smart most of the time but they do all seem to be Loques and Tamerlanes. I'm getting fragged from miles away with the railgun or even the assault rifles and it's a mystery where the shots are coming from. And only a bot can kill quickly with that damned crossbow. I snipe at them from the roof of DM Crane and they take my head off with the crossbow in one shot. :?
I had a look at the game settings, and it appears that you cannot adjust their fighting style or accuracy and etc. like you can in UT99. What a pity. :(

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:17 am

I'm going to have to dig a little deeper into the stuff with the translocator. When you mention the same bots, are talking while playing by yurself or on the server. I see plenty of other bots on the server. I have not tried to tweak the bots yet.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:12 pm

Yep, added a few more maps today. think of Elsinor the most right now!
~Peace~

Hermskii

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:20 pm

Oh I love DM-Elsinor. It's one of the botmatch maps from Unreal. I came to love that aspect of Unreal way more than the single player game.
This version of the map is very dark though. I had to really turn up the gamma to be able to see anything. :(

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:52 am

I haven't played it yet. I did so much server stuff this last weekend! I update all of them in some way or another but Ihave to admit, Iworked fast and did not have time to test so I know I'll be dealing with errors for the next few weeks. I need to send my remote admin links up here to my work so Ican resolve these issues during the day or at least change maps. CYA!
~Peace~

Hermskii