Assertion Failed: The ftp redirect woes

Post all House of Hermskii {HOH} Website and Forum related content here!

Assertion Failed: The ftp redirect woes

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:51 pm

Hello,

I am trying to set up a redirect server for UT99.

The game server is running fine and all are able to download the necessary files as long as they are not compressed.

The problem is that when I add any .uz files to the ftp redirect server and someone tries to download a file they do not already have, the following error message appears on the screen:

The game crashes before this message appears, and it doesn't matter what type of .uz file was being downloaded by the player, whether a map.unr.uz or a mutator.u.uz or mutator.int.uz, etc.

The download from the redirect actually gets to the end of the file the player is attempting to download and then the game crashes out to their desktop, and the error message is displayed

If anyone can help us to correct this problem and describe the cause we would greatly appreciate it.

Happy Fraggin' :mrgreen:

The Ramster

{BK}Ramster

RE:assertion failed

Post by {BK}Ramster » Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:59 pm

Hello,

After activating my registration i failed to sign in before posting, and posted in the wrong forum.

Could u plz move this to the appropriate forum and attach my username to the post.

I'll be more carefull in the future, and thx for your help.

I hope this is not an inconvenience.

The Ramster

Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Hmmm?

Post by Hermskii » Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:33 am

This is a good enough place for this thread since it doesn't pertain to either of my servers named in the other sections of this forum. This is an odd error. First let me say WELCOME! Glad to have you here. Now, I have to say that I have never seen this error before.

My best suggestion up front would be to remove all maps except one. Make sure that map has a couple of files that are required in order to play it. Make sure those files are on the redirect server named exactly as they are named in the folders of your UT server. Cleqar out your cache file for your test player install. Try to connect to the server. Did the same thing happen again? If so, send a copy of the server log file starting at the first line near the end of it where it starts with "Warning:"

Redirects are actually much harder than most people think. They have to be perfect or they fail. The log file will usually indicate your problem. Let us know how the troubleshoot goes. Post back often with great info like this one had. Good luck.
~Peace~

Hermskii

K
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by K » Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:50 am

My experience is that when ut crashes on load of joining a game it usualy means you are missing some kind of package. Something is missing , like as sound file or texture file. The engine is looking for something but cant find it so the game cant load.
You should do as Herm suggested and start with only one map on the redirect and go from there. Thats a good way to see if the problem lies else where.
:D