Some ideas for more Hermskii servers!

Post all House of Hermskii {HOH} Website and Forum related content here!
Prowner

Some ideas for more Hermskii servers!

Post by Prowner » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:48 pm

I've been thinking... Monsterhunt Mahem is fun and all (because it's my favorite type of gameplay), but don't you think you should make more servers? Here are a whole bunch of gameplay ideas that would be cool to join on and have a great time:

Hermskii -{MHM}- "Death" in Death Match Arena
Hermskii -{MHM)- Community of Assault
Hermskii -{MHM}- Jail Break =[Crush out of it]=
Hermskii -{MHM}- Dashing beside light speed Bunny Tracks
Hermskii -{MHM}- Nuclear boom with Redeemer Arena
Hermskii -{MHM}- Head shot the main Sniper of Sniper Arena

All sorts of things you can do to increase it's stature!
........................ but wait :| .................... :? important things. :o .......................... Oh yeah :?: ........................................................................................................
It costs money to do those :shock: :shock: :!: , so I suppose you wouldn't put in the extra money for it would ya? I see why now, just a few sticks in the sand to pull if wanting to take it.
I will either save you or kill you, convince me otherwise.

Spice
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: Some ideas for more Hermskii servers!

Post by Spice » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:45 pm

i do belive herm is paying for this by him self (stop me if im wrong) and i do belive he is busy with real life (stop me if im wrong) so more server's will just make that poor guy's life more busy

we dont want hermy wormy over worked :P

and yes, thats your new nick name herm from me to you

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:01 pm

Okay, this isn't a reply to this one post, it's a general comment about all of them:

You're acting like a veteran and you've barely been here at all, I mean you have 10 posts and we barely see you on the servers, and in the last proper meeting we had you asked for admin powers and vanished for about a year when you didn't get them. I was hoping someone more diplomatic and less...well...rude, than me would be able to comment on this but no-one stepped up to the mark so I'm doing my thing.

Basically, I don't mean to be mean or hostile or anything, but you do seem to have a very inflated opinion of yourself.
Sorry if I phrased this badly, but like I said no-one else was around to say it better.

Prowner

Post by Prowner » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:04 pm

Well I suppose I may appear that way, but I sometimes can't go on because of problems a lot, I CAN visit the forum constantly and I probably will, but I do get on {MHM} loads without you knowing :) . When it comes to the actual game though, yes I'm a complete veteran at this, I have been playing this game for more than 5 years, but I have also been doing {MHM} for about 2, so I'm pretty fine right now (note I didn't leave for that reason, I left because I could never find this forum. I would always type "House of Hermskii," and it would always take me to the reference site. I was looking for some {MHM} member in the servers, but no one was there...) So if I appear this way, I guess I can't really be sorry because it was a year I guess... But hey, I came back didn't I? :D
I will either save you or kill you, convince me otherwise.

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:42 am

Waaayyy back when Herm ran 3 versions of CG. One was the regular CG with the standard maps and was much like what you see now.

CG2 had a whole different set of maps on it. Some worked for redeemer arena and some not so well. It was a good place to try maps out for redeemers.

And CG3 was a regular DM arena. It had the same maps as CG 1. It also ran the six relics. At my request "weapon stay" was activated due to an Italian clan that tried to take over the server. (They would run a pattern in each map that was timed to keep all the weapons for themselves and prevent anyone else from having anything more than the pistol.)

CG3 also ran some of the different mods that were out there occasionally. Such as that one that changes some of the weapons into swords and halberds. (Can't recall what it was called.)

Herm and I, and some others, went to all of the various UT99 map rating sites, and downloaded and play tested on our own computers pretty well all of the DM maps that had been rated as 7 out of 10 or higher. Then Herm would put the tested and recommended maps up onto the server, and we'd play test them some more.

Later on Herm started an MH server, that ran all the maps then available. The CG community spent a lot of time play testing and weeding out the really terrible MH maps.

So yes, at one time or another just about anything worth trying has been tried in the past.
Believe me, we've been there, done that, and gotten the T-shirts. Eventually Herm finally settled on an MH server and CG, as they are now.
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

Fuzz_Ball

Post by Fuzz_Ball » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:12 am

Cool rundown of the Hermstory, Nameless!
_ Image * * Image

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:43 pm

There is a ton more to it than that but Nameless did get it pretty well said. At one point I think I was up to 5 servers and they were all running from 1 Pentium I 233mhz computer at the same time!

Wasn't my very first server called "Newbie Heaven" or something like that? Then there was a Funhouse and a Playground and a Training Grounds, a House of Hermskii this and that if I recall. All of this info is somewhere locked up in the RedeemerInsanity Forum I think.

My main reason back then to reduce was bandwidth. I only had 360 kbps back then. Now I have about 2000 - 3000 so this is much more possible for me. The server is much better too. That is why I was considering having another server or two but it has just been too busy for me to get off the ground with this plan.

Remember my "Translocator Only" server Nameless?
~Peace~

Hermskii

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:27 pm

Hermskii wrote:Now I have about 2000 - 3000 so this is much more possible for me. The server is much better too. That is why I was considering having another server or two but it has just been too busy for me to get off the ground with this plan.
This evening I've tried to join the server but it was packed, as you can see from the picture. There was even a dU player on it. What about adding a few extra slots Herm? This is actually funny, seems like lately the server is getting busy once again. Good job Herm!

Plain Old Telephone Service

-HellFire-

Post by -HellFire- » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:39 pm

How damn lame.
I check it very often and then there is NOBODY.
Today I decided to play another game because nobody was on and about 10 minutes later this happened, 12 players..

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:39 pm

Dead City was full and I was there...The way it should be.

I like that place :)

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:44 pm

=News Update=
Now there are only two players left on the server.
With Nexgen and 4 VIP slots this wouldn't happen... :|
Plain Old Telephone Service

bubba

Post by bubba » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:41 pm

well yea it costs money so if he is paying for it by himself that would cost a lot on his part. :D but the names are quite interesting. you come up with those yourself :?:

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:13 pm

All of this does not cost much which is why I never ask for money. I have accepted hardware in the past but I'm doing pretty good right now.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Scify

Post by Scify » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:20 pm

a nameless entity wrote:Waaayyy back when Herm ran 3 versions of CG. One was the regular CG with the standard maps and was much like what you see now.

CG2 had a whole different set of maps on it. Some worked for redeemer arena and some not so well. It was a good place to try maps out for redeemers.

And CG3 was a regular DM arena. It had the same maps as CG 1. It also ran the six relics. At my request "weapon stay" was activated due to an Italian clan that tried to take over the server. (They would run a pattern in each map that was timed to keep all the weapons for themselves and prevent anyone else from having anything more than the pistol.)

CG3 also ran some of the different mods that were out there occasionally. Such as that one that changes some of the weapons into swords and halberds. (Can't recall what it was called.)

Herm and I, and some others, went to all of the various UT99 map rating sites, and downloaded and play tested on our own computers pretty well all of the DM maps that had been rated as 7 out of 10 or higher. Then Herm would put the tested and recommended maps up onto the server, and we'd play test them some more.

Later on Herm started an MH server, that ran all the maps then available. The CG community spent a lot of time play testing and weeding out the really terrible MH maps.

So yes, at one time or another just about anything worth trying has been tried in the past.
Believe me, we've been there, done that, and gotten the T-shirts. Eventually Herm finally settled on an MH server and CG, as they are now.
The third was telefrag even time I play it I got dizy( I think I made people dizy) and it crash UT
" If I had a brain, I'd be dangerous!"

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:30 am

Hermskii wrote: Remember my "Translocator Only" server Nameless?
No I didn't remember that, Herm. How long did that server last? But I do remember the first time we tried translocator arena out. That night you turned off the map rotation (no map vote back then!) and left the server on DM Morbias. A whole bunch of the regs showed up, and we gave it a go. It was so weird dashing around trying to telefrag each other in the deafening silence of no redeemers. That was what seemed to be the most noticeable. The near silence. As I recall, The Jargonaut was the one to beat that evening. :lol:
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess