{MHM} tag

Post all House of Hermskii {HOH} Website and Forum related content here!
Prowner
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue

Re: {MHM} tag

Post by Prowner » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:10 pm

Usually I just kinda skim around and check out some stuff, and saw the Curious George link thinking it only consisted of another site. So then there I was playing on the server until someone said for me to checkl out the forum. Then I went blank... "Wah?" I thought. So I went over to it again this time actually clicking the link to find myself here...
...I stopped...
...Then I felt stupid :lol: . So now I'm visiting the forum upnotch and everyday (literally).
I will either save you or kill you, convince me otherwise.

Hermskii
Site Admin
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by Hermskii » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:18 pm

We are glad to have you too Prowner. You seem to be an up and coming member. I greatly appreciate you not losing your cool ever when you don't get it your way. That is very adult of you and I respect cool heads very much.

I came across this site by accident one day and decided to keep coming back. LOL.

Read everything at www.Hermskii.com at some point and then really go back even further and check out the www.RedeemerInsanity.com forum where this all began. I get a kick out of reading the old stuff. I was so naab back then but I was trying hard! I didn't get too much help in the beginning but it was Dawn of Dawns DeathMatch Server that got me just over the hump and then the rest is history.

You people on this forum keep me going when it gets slow and then I get special help here and there every other year or so. Dawn, BIGI and GOPO being the biggest contributors and peeps like Nameless, Scify, Blonde Hottie push me hard and lastly this latest crowd like POTS, Hook, and too many others to mention keep me on my toes and keep my focus for me. Thank you all so very much for all of the support. If I didn't mention you and you feel you need some luvin just complain and I'll try to come up with the best reason why you matter so much to me. Peace!
~Peace~

Hermskii

-HellFire-
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No

Post by -HellFire- » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:08 am

Hermskii wrote:I was so naab back then but I was trying hard!
LOL! :P :lol:

Blood Asp

Post by Blood Asp » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:35 pm

What support Hermskii? :P i am just here to make it more difficult for ya! :twisted:

Hehe, every1 is proud of u anyway Hermie boi, without you there would be no real joy to MH and every1 would be walking thru a map half asleep getting hit but regenerating their health instantly *sigh*

Just 1 thing u need to start doing Hermie, GET MORE MAPS 4 TEH SERVER!! :P We be running out! :P

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:36 pm

EA_Elemental wrote:GET MORE MAPS 4 TEH SERVER!! :P We be running out! :P
If people do not submit them... And I don't mean just the two or three maps you may have made, I mean also any map decent enough to be hosted on our server.
Plain Old Telephone Service

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:33 pm

Yeah, don't send me crap. Send me good stuff. I hate finding out I have a crap map on which reminds me...I went ahead and removed MH-SAKE last night. I personally just hate that map so it is gone.
~Peace~

Hermskii

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:26 am

The best, most complete source for maps is probably the complete files download I posted. There is only a few maps to add to that that I have found on the odd MH server. If you look on there and find a map with {fix} or -umh, I worked on it and it is most likely fixed and serviceable. Use mappers dream to find all the needed files and submit to your hearts pleasure.

POTS if you make a list of the maps to add, I'll create an easy installation for Herm he can just download and copy into the server.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:16 pm

gopostal wrote: POTS if you make a list of the maps to add, I'll create an easy installation for Herm he can just download and copy into the server.
I've noticed many custom maps have bad movers, so even if they could be interesting, they're not suitable for on-line playing.

I have three examples:

1 - MH-Doom-Courtyard-fix3: a map inspired by the famous Doom game, but the movers are messed up, I mean you have to kill some respawning monsters but even if you kill them all sometimes the doors won't open.

2 - MH-IceSkaarjAttack: there are two buttons in the ice caves, you have to press them and/or kill a Behemoth boss to gain access to the Queen's room. Most of the times the door won't open.

3 - MH-PiedraDoSol: you've almost reached the end, you kill a Titan boss named "Fernando" and a door that leads to the end is opened. If you're not fast enough the door will close and you or the other players won't be able to open it again, unless you use the "mover exploit".

It takes a lot of time to play-test all the maps, plus what is good to me may not be good for the others, so I'm not sure if this could be a good idea.

Anyway the following maps are a good starting point and decent enough IMO:

MH-Asmodeus_Aions-umh
MH-d1-umh
MH-d2-umh
MH-d3-umh
MH-d4-umh
MH-d5-umh
MH-Gate-X
MH-Iphigenia2
MH-JurassicParkv1
MH-MinesOfNapali][
MH-Zker_Outpost

The maps should work fine, but some of the monsters are pretty tough, and there are no instas around so be warned, anyway there's no BT stuff.
Plain Old Telephone Service

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:47 pm

Doom courtyard is crap anyway. The end has a zone portal that screws the mover up. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. If the map had redeeming qualities, I'd bother to fix it.
IceSkaarjAttack has several versions. There is an alternate version that has grass in the center hill and is much more improved. The doors work fine, but the blimp at the end always tends to freak me out.
Piedra is unfinished. I emailed the mapper and he hadn't completed work when it was unfairly posted. He declined giving me permission to work on it though :(

BTW Herm, I'm updating a lot of the features of the base controller. Are you interested in upgrading or are you happy?

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:58 pm

A new controller? Is that the base model for the mod? What is getting improved? Feel free to keep that answer off-line with me if you want. Did you get my message on MSN Messenger today? I'm pretty happy so far BTW with HOHMHMMOD.
~Peace~

Hermskii

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:14 pm

Got it, but I didn't want to bother you. I'll line things out for you in a quick PM for your perusal.

D34k1n

Post by D34k1n » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:12 pm

i understud little about what u said. for those who havent seen me play i usually play in the week and specially saturdays, is my favorite ut server :P and i would like to play with every1 hwo gave me the wellcome (i dont know how to do that) and who doesnt know me yet. :D

PD: i almost never speak when im in the server because how ree$e said y sux in english, my first language is spanish. (srry 4 my bad english)
JUST SAY ME DEAKIN, my nick is written in 1337

Reiyel_3.0

Post by Reiyel_3.0 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:52 pm

So, after a long time, there´s finally another MHM´er who speaks spanish.

Sí, yo te vi hoy! Estábamos en Godz, recuerdas? Bienvenido de nuevo y ya sabes, si necesitas algo en español, sólo pregúntame :mrgreen:

(Translation: I´ve seen you today! We were on Godz, remember? Welcome here again and you know, if you need anything in spanish just let me know :mrgreen: )
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.

Con una condición: que me dejes abierto el balcón de tus ojos de gata

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:12 am

Awesome!
~Peace~

Hermskii