In case you didn't notice; NO MORE GUESTS!

Post all House of Hermskii {HOH} Website and Forum related content here!
Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

In case you didn't notice; NO MORE GUESTS!

Post by Hermskii » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:16 am

In order to provide more security here, I had to disable the guest account which previously had allowed anyone to view everything on this forum and copy and download anything they wanted. I don't have a problem with sharing but I do like to keep track of what is being shared, how often and how much.

I know that anybody who really wants to just has to register here to get an account and then they can get in and see everything we are doing and download anything they want so I don't feel this is too much of a security measure but it does allow me to better see what is going on all of the time.

Sadly, this also will break many links to downloads posted at other sites and I'm sorry for that. I'll have to come up with other ways to advertise to new players. I feel this is a needed step as I expect the UT community to slowly grow smaller and this site will be one of few for all remaining players to come to eventually. I hope to have nothing less than the last of the elite UT community members here when it is all said and done. You know, the ones that will keep playing and contributing for many years to come.
~Peace~

Hermskii

5i1ent/3ob

Re: In case you didn't notice; NO MORE GUESTS!

Post by 5i1ent/3ob » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:01 pm

At present I don't see that you have much choice in the matter.
The first step to securing any structure is to limit the access/entry points and you've done that. Well done I say.

Hook
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
NoMoreSpam: Silver
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Re: In case you didn't notice; NO MORE GUESTS!

Post by Hook » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:17 am

Yes, good idea.
I am going to have to do SOME of this over at HUTP also I see now.
With the New Deemer coming out, I also have to keep it under wraps for awhile too, as there are people out there that grab every little thing they can off the servers and forums.
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777