GOPOSTAL just contacted me directly...

Post all House of Hermskii {HOH} Website and Forum related content here!
Hook
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
NoMoreSpam: Silver
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Re: GOPOSTAL just contacted me directly...

Post by Hook » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:02 pm

Yep, Combofix and MalwareBytes fixed my daughter's comp right up.
And it was BAAAADDDD!!! :wink:
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

Nelsona
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Post by Nelsona » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:29 pm

Finally something better. Today I wanted to log on e-mail. I was asked to change password and a captcha code was shown. A message about some assumed problems with e-mail suddenly were displayed. So, not my computer was guilty for e-mail. E-mail services were with problems. Anyway I'll keep bots away from me, no mercy either.

He he, if the computer is running great, usually I don't suspect anything, and is confirmed already.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:24 pm

Good deal then. Let's all make sure to keep an eye out for each other when we see this stuff going around. Especially if you do know where and who it is coming from.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Sir Mandrake

Post by Sir Mandrake » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:01 pm

Attackers use brute force methods to gain access to free email accounts to send spam and such. Its a good idea to use strong passwords for these services. Most like to use a password thats easy to remember like a pet name or some word. This is bad practice because the attackers use password crackers that utilize a dictionary of words or a database of most comonly use words. using passwords made up of a series of Letters, Numbers and symbols along with capitol letters is a very good way to prevent a hacked account.
--- END OF LINE ---

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:30 pm

Bump... more or less necrotic.
Duh... about yahoo accounts "infected" and all that storm - NO ONE ESCAPED no worries, so stay relaxed and breath correctly - but do not breath under water. Yahoo was hacked NOT my machine.
https://thehackernews.com/2017/10/yahoo ... acked.html
Now what ?
When I said that people are not guilty ? Yahoo had an "awesome" security - payed accounts included. I hope that they have learned this lesson
HKN wrote: The largest known hack of user data in the history just got tripled in size.
Greetings, your are champions.

Kelly

Post by Kelly » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:15 pm

I feel honored. I'm the first thing I see when I dropped by hahaha...When did the standards get lowered so much ;)

I saw where they are reasonably sure that every single Yahoo account was compromised. This is precisely why you never recycle passwords.
When everyone you ever known is headed for a headstone
I don’t wanna give the end away but we’re gonna die one day

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:42 pm

Kelly wrote:I feel honored. I'm the first thing I see when I dropped by hahaha...When did the standards get lowered so much ;)

I saw where they are reasonably sure that every single Yahoo account was compromised. This is precisely why you never recycle passwords.
LOL :lol: Thanks Kelly :wink:

Oh PS: How are you doing? (I hope things are good for you) 8)
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

Kelly

Post by Kelly » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:03 pm

I'm doing OK. It's been a wild ride, I'll tell ya. November 5th is my five year anniversary from my first surgery. That's a big deal because only about 40% of us make it that far but it also means that statistically I'm probably going to be OK. I'm going to have a small get-together and burn my mask, eat a piece of cake, and have a beer. I know that doesn't sound like much but it's been five years without any alcohol or refined sugar. I wanted to have a cigar too but the wife shut that idea *down*.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:49 pm

Kelly wrote:I wanted to have a cigar too but the wife shut that idea *down*.
Would she be open to someone else smoking a cigar and you being nearby just to appreciate the smell?

Kelly

Post by Kelly » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:27 am

I've spent the last few years watching everyone eat birthday cake, holiday cookies, summer pies, etc. It's just not the same thing as having a single bite yourself. I miss the good old days....

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:03 pm

We must be satisfied about our lives so far, It looks like some evils really want to see Internet turned off, look at fore-mentioned address and draw your conclusions. Like I said "enemies of Internet" should be unplugged not under "surveillance", surveillance doesn't help.
In other order due to fascinating progress in having Internet even on a toilette vase, evil people will attack them for using them against Internet, yeah, put Internet in all crap and you'll get the reward, and then we are complaining about "hacks", we are inviting them through front door after all.
  • Dlink (routers)
    Netgear (routers)
    Linksys (routers)
    Goahead (cameras)
    JAWS (cameras)
    AVTECH (cameras)
    Vacron (NVR)
These are known devices vulnerable at installing "IoT_reaper".
HKN wrote: Researchers believe IoT_reaper malware has already infected nearly two million devices and growing continuously at an extraordinary rate of 10,000 new devices per day.
This is extremely worrying because it took only 100,000 infected devices for Mirai to took down DNS provider Dyn last year using a massive DDoS attack.
With other words DNS servers are used for getting host-names, without them NADA browsing.

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:08 pm

Kelly wrote:I'm doing OK. It's been a wild ride, I'll tell ya. November 5th is my five year anniversary from my first surgery. That's a big deal because only about 40% of us make it that far but it also means that statistically I'm probably going to be OK. I'm going to have a small get-together and burn my mask, eat a piece of cake, and have a beer. I know that doesn't sound like much but it's been five years without any alcohol or refined sugar. I wanted to have a cigar too but the wife shut that idea *down*.
Hey congrats on beating the odds Kelly! Enjoy your get-together! :D 8)
Nelsona wrote:We must be satisfied about our lives so far, It looks like some evils really want to see Internet turned off, look at fore-mentioned address and draw your conclusions. Like I said "enemies of Internet" should be unplugged not under "surveillance", surveillance doesn't help.
In other order due to fascinating progress in having Internet even on a toilette vase, evil people will attack them for using them against Internet, yeah, put Internet in all crap and you'll get the reward, and then we are complaining about "hacks", we are inviting them through front door after all.
  • Dlink (routers)
    Netgear (routers)
    Linksys (routers)
    Goahead (cameras)
    JAWS (cameras)
    AVTECH (cameras)
    Vacron (NVR)
These are known devices vulnerable at installing "IoT_reaper".
HKN wrote: Researchers believe IoT_reaper malware has already infected nearly two million devices and growing continuously at an extraordinary rate of 10,000 new devices per day.
This is extremely worrying because it took only 100,000 infected devices for Mirai to took down DNS provider Dyn last year using a massive DDoS attack.
With other words DNS servers are used for getting host-names, without them NADA browsing.
Gee it really does sound like the hackers are winning. -And I must say that I have always been horrified at people that allow all of their appliances at home to be hooked up to the internet. And now they put all these guaranteed to snoop on them devices like Google Alexxa into their homes? Madness!

I've never heard of that loT_reaper virus before, but then I have been out of the loop for one year now.
I put a really strong password on my Linksys router many years ago. Does this mean it is "probably" safe from malware?
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:15 pm

They do not need passwords for getting into these devices there are several bugs in their programming software that are usable as gates for placing rootkits. See other "hkn" articles, some dude even explained about some WPA2 failure and ALL devices were vulnerable due to this default protocol, and were years... WPA2 luckily is not that much a big threat WIFI ranges are low, chances to have hackers around are not that many, else it would be really worst.
That reaper is not a virus is a Bot-Net installing small routines in affected devices for doing some DDos attacks. One device is poor but 1000 devices have power to take down a weak server. Owners don't even know what was doing the device. Targets are those which are On-line 24/7 - a machine often turned off is not a big deal.

We have been noticed about some unusual activity of some DVR equipment installed here and there. First time we did not trust those complains from ISP until we found devices having randomly in menus "Hacked" written with caps. We said: OOPSY ! I had to travel in a few towns for recovering them with a firmware update, these are real facts not stories, it looks like targets are now other things that bugging users - which use often to protect themselves as much as they can. While I was doing a personal research about "news" on Internet threats g00gl3 pointed me to some locations.

As a matter of fact, even bitcoin mining systems are a goal - stealing virtual money so to speak, or attacking servers for implementing mining routines written in Java in order to make money for some dude while poor user is browsing a web-site with 80% CPU consumed by browser for apparently no reason. There are even add-ons against mining activity operated by browsers.

Dr.Flay

Post by Dr.Flay » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:04 pm

I reported on the IoT Botnet last Friday on my radio show.
Checkpoint have been watching it grow since the end of last month
https://blog.checkpoint.com/2017/10/19/ ... rm-coming/

Last years Mirai Botnet was about 10% of the size this has reached, and this thing is growing faster every day.
Directed at the right DNS (this can do more than 1), this could easily knock off most of the net. Security experts of the world are currently stocking up on rubber pants.

Watch this weeks episode of Security Now if you want to know more
https://twit.tv/shows/security-now/episodes/634

Many devices are being accessed via default credentials, but unfortunately many devices are flawed and you don't even need the login details.
The people running this Botnet are updating it within days of any new exploit being reported.
Most Routers need the owner to manually check and update any firmware fixes. Ask yourself when you last did this.

If you have an Android device you can test your router for known reported vulnerabilities with
http://www.routercheck.com

Bidefender have a free tool that can scan your network looking for any vulnerable devices
http://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/home-scanner.html
chaoticdreams.org - @TheChaosMod - Web IRChat - [url=irc://irc.quakenet.org/chaoticdreams]IRChat[/url]

Mr.Robot

Post by Mr.Robot » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:41 am

Hey there,
to get rid of the vulnerability of routers you would need to put a new OS on your device.
which isnt a big of a deal....
Just ask if you need more information.I also would be glad to help on other tech problems ....

*but never ask for Microsoft support*

Mr.Robot