My cell phone is dead...

Post all House of Hermskii {HOH} Website and Forum related content here!
Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

My cell phone is dead...

Post by Hermskii » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:01 am

It actually rained here a few days ago and it rained big-time! I walked outside to see some recent drainage work I had done and was admiring my work when I looked down to see a cell phone just like mine in a puddle. Yes, it turned out to be mine.

I have already taken it all apart and dried it out to death but it just boots up and sits there. No functions.

So if you are one of the many here who have my number and are calling me and I don't answer, this is why. As you may have noticed this happened a couple of days ago.

Now I have to wait until the new iPhone comes out. That will be a few weeks before I can get my hands on one. So, I may not have a phone for that long. Sorry folks!

Anyways, please PM me here if you need me or email me. These 2 methods of communication still work just fine (I think). Thanks!
~Peace~

Hermskii

EvilGrins

Re: My cell phone is dead...

Post by EvilGrins » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:37 am

A long time ago, in ancient times, I accidentally dropped my cellphone into a tall glass of chocolate milk. Much as you did I opened it up and dried it all out.

Unlike you, I didn't try putting it back together for about 12 hours. I put it in a sunny spot, near a heater, and left it alone. Figured there was probably moisture in there I couldn't get at.

So, don't give up entirely on your phone. It may just take longer for it to get fully dry.

Then again, it may be dead for good.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:39 pm

In those cases, the best thing to do is removing the battery as soon as possible.
The rest is mainly a matter of luck.
Plain Old Telephone Service

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:09 pm

Put it into Dry rice is the best thing I have heard from people so far. I'll have a new phone on Wednesday anyway. Thanks for the other advice too. That was what I was doing exactly.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:01 pm

I have a new cell phone. They could not recover any of the 300+ numbers I had in the old phone though so you all will just have to call me soon so I can add you back in! I look forward to your calls.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hitman

Post by Hitman » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:27 pm

I got a new to,they said in the store it was the bast in all tests,and it was more then i expected,Almost better then my PC at home, Except i cant play UT on it LOL

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:46 pm

Congrats on the new phone Hitman. It is likely a good thing we can't play UT on our phones. Can you imagine? Hahahaha!
~Peace~

Hermskii

{§ÎR}Írôn Chef
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No

Post by {§ÎR}Írôn Chef » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:09 am

Hermskii wrote:Congrats on the new phone Hitman. It is likely a good thing we can't play UT on our phones. Can you imagine? Hahahaha!
ohh I'd never get any food cooked then ! :shock: hahaha

:mrgreen: Chef

Scify

Post by Scify » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:06 am

Guy at work try rice didn't work. I try removing the battery as soon as possible.
I was fix mop bucket at work.Cell phone slip out it holder. I try to catch it but it land in mop bucket :x I end up buy new one I had upgrade year ago and two year contract. August or September my sister want me change cell company so because I have no choice she pay bill.Next I think get Android Revolution™ by LG. If I have to send text message.I wont have to type message it have micophone I can say the message. Perfect for me.Who can't types and my write skill is bad because I am dyslexia.
If any one want to know what it is. A variable often familial learning disability involving difficulties in acquiring and processing language that is typically manifested by a lack of proficiency in reading, spelling, and writing.
" If I had a brain, I'd be dangerous!"