Funny sort of...

Post all House of Hermskii {HOH} Website and Forum related content here!
Hermskii
Site Admin
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Funny sort of...

Post by Hermskii » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:16 pm

So my kid just walked up and hit the power button on my server again and it shut down as usual. I thonked him on his head as I do each time he does this though it doesn't prevent the action obviously. I realized tonight that under the screensaver power settings is the option to "Do nothing" when the power button is pushed.

I have made the switch to that option so my son can no longer kick everyone each time he feels like it. Sorry to all of you that this has happened to over the last two years. It is over now.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hermskii
Site Admin

Additional note...

Post by Hermskii » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:23 pm

The reset button is still available and unprotected. Nothing I can do there really. Maybe I'll cover it with tape or something so he can't see it. I could disconnect it too I think! I have a power switch on the power supply itself. I highly suggest that all power supplies are bought with this simple option built in. Trust me. It matters in more than the one reason of preventing kids from turning off PCs. Later!
~Peace~

Hermskii

{DOU}Hippiekat

Post by {DOU}Hippiekat » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:20 pm

Remove the wires from the MB for reset...duh!!!

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:33 am

Sounds to me like the dreaded "time out" chair facing the corner needs to be introduced into his life soon! ;)
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

MEAT

Post by MEAT » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:38 am

I kind of like this kid of yours. A little trouble maker....ever thought about giving him the nickname "MEAT"?
Or I guess MEAT jr. would be better off.....lol

Hermskii
Site Admin

Remove

Post by Hermskii » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:37 pm

All of these ideas sound good except the one about naming him MEAT Jr. LOL. I'm in Fort Worth right now for the Thangsgiving holidays. When I get back to Houston I will remove the reset button connection from the mobo as I thought of in my previous post. I will be another year or two before he actually figures another way to turn of the server.

The time out chair is almost ready for use. Mom and I decided to avoid it until he hits 2 years of age then we will use it consistantly from then on. I like the thonk on the head too because it stops his action whatever it is on the spot. My son is over-all a very well behaved boy but he likes pressing keys on keyboards and buttons on computers. I have no idea where he gets it from but I'm sure it's his mother's fault. LOL. Later!
~Peace~

Hermskii