Outage since 07-09-13

Post all House of Hermskii {HOH} Website and Forum related content here!
Hook
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
NoMoreSpam: Silver
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Re: Outage since 07-09-13

Post by Hook » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:19 am

GameTrackers?
The only thing I see having your server set on it that is worth it at all is for advertising.
I am not sure though, can you still use the banners for your server if you do not "claim" your server at GameTrackers?
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Post by Hermskii » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:12 am

I don't think the history or anything transfers once your IP changes. I think all is lost and I have to start over from scratch. Funny how part of the reason I got a static IP was to stop this from happening and now it has happened again. Wait! Not funny actually. LOL.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:23 am

Hmmm? So the rank and blogs and all of that can't be saved but I can save the current player ranking but do I really need to or want to?

This is straight from the GameTracker Forum.

Can I change migrate the server stats of one page to another?
You can migrate your historical player stats to a new server page if both pages are claimed. Please note, this will not migrate rank, blog posts, or server graphs.

To migrate the stats, please note the following: Both the original server page and the new server page must be claimed by the server owner who is going to transfer the stats. Both servers must also be of the same game type.

Once you have both servers claimed, go to the original server, click "Manage" and then find the option to migrate the player stats.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Dr.Flay

Post by Dr.Flay » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:33 pm

It is definitely worth having your servers monitored by a 3rd party, as you can use their data with yours, to spot cheats.
Meat was spotted doing things he shouldn't on the Gametracker data.

There are some other sites you could sign up with, but I think the Gametracker Lite app is very useful for arbitration and probation situations.
There is nothing stopping you from signing up to them all, so if 1 goes down or the data is incomplete, you are covered.
http://www.serverbrowser.net/unreal-tournament
http://www.game-monitor.com

It just occured to me about the always empty Chaos tab in UT !
You can enable Chaos 2 ways, so maybe 1 way does not show ?
Are you running the Chaos game-mode, or the mutator ?
chaoticdreams.org - @TheChaosMod - Web IRChat - [url=irc://irc.quakenet.org/chaoticdreams]IRChat[/url]

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:14 am

Good points.

I'm getting to where I really hate GameTracker. It took me half the day to get all of the servers moved over to this new IP in GameTracker. I lost the stats on 2 of the least favorite of the 5 servers. I had a major struggle with a certain naming issue I had with the UT2K4 Chaos server.

If I recall, I have set up the UT99 Chaos server and the 2004 Chaos server as Deathmatch server running the Chaos as a mutator and for very good reason too. For people to see any Chaos server on the CHas Server tab they have to have the mod installed. hardly anybody has the mod installed so I went the way of Deathmatch with a mutator so this server will at least be seen by all players searching the Deathmatch list...

I will look at registering at other watch sites but if they require all of this same stupid crap Gametracker does the deal is off. LOL
~Peace~

Hermskii

Dr.Flay

Post by Dr.Flay » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:55 pm

Don't be too harsh on GameTracker, unless this is a common issue, then the majority of your anger should still be at your ISP.

It makes sense to allow Chaos to everyone via the mutator, but unfortunately it seems everyone must do the same.
As the Chaos tab is always empty, most people think it is dead and no-one plays it.

Using a site like GameTracker allows you to search, which you cannot do in UT.
http://www.gametracker.com/search/ut/?query=chaos
This only finds it if it is in the name.
We generally need a better way of searching via mutators, because these are not the only servers using Chaos.
chaoticdreams.org - @TheChaosMod - Web IRChat - [url=irc://irc.quakenet.org/chaoticdreams]IRChat[/url]