Alarming, do not upgrade to tapatalk

Post all House of Hermskii {HOH} Website and Forum related content here!
Terraniux
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Alarming, do not upgrade to tapatalk

Post by Terraniux » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:20 pm

I've done research on this, to help out Hook.

I'm shocked:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/hooksut ... tml#p24628

Whatever tapatalk is trying tell ( READ: SELL). Do not upgrade.

Spread this message on all UT forums.

Kelly
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: Alarming, do not upgrade to tapatalk

Post by Kelly » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:14 am

And now we are getting unsolicited emails from Hook via tapatalk which means our addresses have been harvested into tapatalk's network of sponsors. Yay, incoming junk mail...
When everyone you ever known is headed for a headstone
I don’t wanna give the end away but we’re gonna die one day

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:57 pm

Excuse me but even this name in my language sounds a little nasty - at least I don't like it. I never loved the new face, and crapatalk bla bla stuff.
I thought that I'm getting older and clumsy but... It looks like I have my "sensors"...

Hook
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:25 pm

Yes, I do not care for tapatalk host much either but we cannot change it back - arg.
See my response over at HUTP to Terraniux about this...
Thank you :)

Oh and those "unsolicited" emails are simply notifications of replies to posts is all, nothing more - a standard function of forums that can be turned off by the forum members if they so desire of course. :)
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:48 pm

I never was going to join it, as I didn't know what it was.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:37 pm

Being about forums, new year (aprox. 3 hrs remaining here), in hoping to see Internet Bots indexing this thread and analytics drawing A.I. type conclusions, probably these SPAMMERS developing this "Crap_a_Talk" will realize that they do damage rather than helping, seriously it's nothing more annoying than reading/seeking for an old UT information and being bombed with USELESS stupid products/services suddenly growing as mushrooms after rain.
In order to come closer to the purpose of this post. Using this location I wish to all Hook's subscribed members a
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
and the same for readers of this board.

Their design (Spam_a_Talk) make my eyes to bleed trying to figure useful content.

My advice for Hook which was pretty much addicted to UT (discard my advice if you find it useless for your needs)
Hook, after 17 years these jesters are taking you down this way using "slow mode". You should look for some sponsor and buy whatever I3/I5 machine at second hand. Ask some help here and there and setup a forum hosted by yourself. Nowadays I think you can find a free DNS service (there are people having such hobby and skill to manage that) and then you can move on your own ground.
One of reasons which makes me to read old topics here is the way how do this forum works: Clean and Fast - yeah, for me works like a charm. A forum from my points of view should drive user to the target without bombing his brain with 0 (zero) meaning data and making it to forget what user was looking for, and not the way how it's that service configured.
I gotta admit you'll need to pay electricity - you probably will not be that happy at this point but it looks like these "free" services sooner or later are going retarded making a mess into content which has been build in years, good or bad as it is, it's your data, your work there and you should not be agree to be pulled in the mud like that ( said "free" because there are contributors... intruders, different said ).

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:16 am

Bump with something... pretty stupid from my opinion.

I have received an e-mail telling me that Darkelarious quoted a phrase of mine in one post - happened in 2014.
Seriously, crap-a-talk seems to go retarded at random and it doesn't lie its useless way of doing. Good luck, guys, with promoting your full dumbness, I could die in a surgery last year, 4 years have passed since that post and now I'm receiving e-mails with ancient quotes ? I do not care about 2014, world is changing constantly, goals are changing. WTF is wrong with those morons ? It's not only ugly as hell, ooops hell is nice because it is shining and contains more 6 numbers, but now it will spam me with posts since my grandma died 25 years ago and even before UT to be born ?

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:39 am

Yes Nelsona - I agree with you totally about tapatalk! :wink:
I also got the same notification that you mentioned above from the old tapatalk (LOL crapatalk :P ) forum. :x
I looked on tapatalk's support forum and there were other posts there about this too. :lol:
Some kinda glitch of crapatalk's I guess. :roll:
(I have to go in the old forum and see where I need to turn off these notifications)

This is just ONE of the reasons why we at HUTP abandoned tapatalk and started over with a whole New HUTP forum.
The New HUTP forum is just SO Much Better! :D

I see you have not registered over there at the New HUTP forum yet - I hope to see you over there. :wink:
My plan is to cannibalize any good things from the old forum and bring them to the new forum.
Then leave the old forum only for reference when needed - until it disappears or whatever someday.

I am also encouraging members who posted good things over at the old forum to duplicate those posts over at the new forum.

Nice to hear from you Nelsona!!! :D
See YOU at the All New HUTP forum. -> http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:05 pm

Hook wrote:I see you have not registered over there at the New HUTP forum yet - I hope to see you over there. :wink:
My plan is to cannibalize any good things from the old forum and bring them to the new forum.
I want to wait a little bit to see how goes with new home before to join. In other order of facts, joining simple with no entertaining reason is no fun and doesn't include a good purpose. Some info which I have to collect, or some stuff would be good for first posting. Perhaps a chat about what any admin should remove from any UT server, i.d.k., something good to know... Let me first get outta this amoeba state (I'm thrilled about how much is doable with new XCGE and I wanna feel the game rather than only working behind others), I'm trying to figure some stuff for new devices which I'm using and trying to find them useful for UT in a way or another.
As another matter of fact without hijacking thread or such, if jesters cannot manage software stuff properly I'm curious if they can do something about "hardware" exploits around some AMD machines which were claimed better than "Intel" ones. Probably someday Interned is going to be in outage, I really want to wrong here... See some entertaining stuff here... Just figure the link's title but it won't hurt reading, it's a "domestic" site for the moment. I'm reading these news all the time in order to figure what things I have to remove from any OS at a fresh install... because M$ is still using a lot of crap-ware until everything will go out of control in a complete chaos.
I gotta admit Win XP is the most "dangerous" threat because has it no "security" support - I haven't been more relaxed since 2014 - to be honest it looks like OS is irrelevant in front of real security threats.

Hook

Post by Hook » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:35 am

Nelsona - Understood! :D
Thank you