Browsing MonsterHunt servers

Nelsona
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Browsing MonsterHunt servers

Post by Nelsona » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:34 pm

Topic is addressing at addicted to MonsterHunt player unable to check MonsterHunt servers after GameSpy's ending support.
Shortly... Is this possible ?
YES ! By Tweaking 2 files from your clean client game - Indeed, you can delete all MonsterHunt related files letting server to send content in cache and won't be a problem neither for future MH updates. My first MH play by example was using a clean client without MonsterHunt installed.

How to tweak my UT ?
Checkout this:
MH_Browsing_doc.zip
IT WON'T AFFECT OTHER DEFAULT GAMES TABS, will just add MonsterHunt into your client without to have any MonsterHunt related file.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nelsona

Re: Browsing MonsterHunt servers

Post by Nelsona » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:13 pm

Yo, Nelsona (talking to myself) show us how looks your UnrealTournament.ini, player related things.
Yeah, why not ? It is not a secret.

Code: Select all

[Engine.Engine]
Console=XConsole.XConsole

[Engine.GameEngine]
CacheSizeMegs=512
UseSound=True
ServerActors=IpDrv.UdpBeacon
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerQuery
//ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master0.gamespy.com MasterServerPort=27900
//ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink 
//ServerActors=UWeb.WebServer
// Me... Client... I'm not using these...
ServerPackages=SoldierSkins
ServerPackages=CommandoSkins
ServerPackages=FCommandoSkins
ServerPackages=SGirlSkins
ServerPackages=BossSkins
ServerPackages=Botpack

[UBrowser.UBrowserMainClientWindow]
LANTabName=UBrowserLAN
ServerListNames[0]=UBrowserUT
ServerListNames[1]=UBrowserLAN
ServerListNames[2]=UBrowserPopulated
ServerListNames[3]=UBrowserDeathmatch
ServerListNames[4]=UBrowserTeamGames
ServerListNames[5]=UBrowserCTF
ServerListNames[6]=UBrowserDOM
ServerListNames[7]=UBrowserAS
ServerListNames[8]=UBrowserLMS
ServerListNames[9]=UbrowserMH
ServerListNames[10]=UBrowserAll
ServerListNames[11]=None
ServerListNames[12]=None
bKeepMasterServer=True //No changes in my house until I'll decide

[UBrowserPopulated]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,MinPlayers=1,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserDeathmatch]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=DeathMatchPlus,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserTeamGames]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=TeamGamePlus,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserCTF]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=CTFGame,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserDOM]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=Domination,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserAS]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=Assault,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserLMS]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=LastManStanding,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserMH]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=MonsterHunt,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserAll]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=unreal.epicgames.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
ListFactories[1]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=master.333networks.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
//UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=sektornelsona.no-ip.org,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
ListFactories[2]=//UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=master0.gamespy.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
ListFactories[3]=//UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=master.qtracker.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
ListFactories[4]=//UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=master.telefragged.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
ListFactories[5]=//UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=master1.multiplay.co.uk,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
ListFactories[6]=//UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=utmaster.epicgames.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
ListFactories[7]=//UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=unreal.epicgames.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
ListFactories[8]=
ListFactories[9]=
bHidden=True
bFallbackFactories=False
ServerListTitle=
URLAppend=
AutoRefreshTime=0
bNoAutoSort=False

[UBrowser.UBrowserUpdateServerLink]
UpdateServerAddress= //Do not mock in my client "news". There is nothing new for years...
And here it is my UBrowser.int

Code: Select all

[Public]

[ServerListTitles]
UBrowserUT=UT Servers
UBrowserLAN=LAN Servers
UBrowserPopulated=Populated Servers
UBrowserDeathmatch=DeathMatch
UBrowserTeamGames=Team Death Match
UBrowserCTF=Capture The Flag
UBrowserDOM=Domination
UBrowserAS=Assault
UBrowserLMS=Last Man Standing
UBrowserMH=Monster Hunt
UBrowserAll=All Servers
I'm happily still playing UT due to latest options.

Hermskii
Site Admin
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by Hermskii » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:33 pm

I hate to say this but i have a problem with this.

I did the following:

1. Installed UT
2. Installed 436 NoDeltaPatch
3. Installed Bonus Packs 1, 3 and 4
4. Followed your directions above and I now have 1 Monster Hunt server search tab and it works perfectly!

That is all good!

Then I connect to my Monster Hunt Mayhem {MHM} server and it downloaded several files and connected.

That is all good!

Then I connected to the server you and Kelly have for testing and I got a file mismatch error for the MonsterHunt file. I'm guessing the MonsterHunt.u file for MH2 is different than the one I have on my server. Keep in mind my server is mostly all original MH stuff. It has MH patch 5.03 on it I think.

Does this fix mean people can't play on my server unless I upgrade to MH2? If I don't does that mean people who have installed the MH2 MonsterHunt.u file can no longer play on my server because they will get a file mismatch error as I did?
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:04 pm

Here they are fresh out of my cache.ini:

D107DF1241858B36FB3BB3AEB6B45552=MonsterHunt.u
74A9918011D6A8C2C000AD91DD7AF1DF=MonsterHunt.u

And here they are fresh out of my Cache Folder:

D107DF1241858B36FB3BB3AEB6B45552.uxx
74A9918011D6A8C2C000AD91DD7AF1DF.uxx

So after I removed them from my folders and files I went back to just my server and reconnected and redownloaded the MonsterHunt.u file and here is mine from {MHM}

74A9918011D6A8C2C000AD91DD7AF1DF=MonsterHunt.u
74A9918011D6A8C2C000AD91DD7AF1DF.uxx Monday/12/29/2014 7:23 PM UXX File 1,223 KB
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:35 pm

I want to be clear that you didn't say you were fixing file mismatches.

You were making a server browser that worked and it does.

Thank you for that.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:16 pm

So! I finally figured it out somewhat. I read what Kelly had posted more closely and it said this:

Monsterhunt release thread {RELEASED}
Postby gopostal » 04 Dec 2014 06:28

Here is the release! Zip includes relevant information from this post as well as the U file, ini file, source code, and Nelsona's notes. Also I added a cache folder for you to copy the new MH mod directly into your cache to make things easier. Copy the .uxx file into the folder called Cache and add the line in the cache.ini to your current cache.ini. Yeah, it's that simple.

The last two lines pretty much said it. When I did it, I stopped having the file mismatch!

It still concerns me that if people installed the MH2 they might not be able to play on my MHM server. Is that right? Only people who follow the process above would be able to join any MH server right?
~Peace~

Hermskii

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:38 am

Hermskii wrote:I want to be clear that you didn't say you were fixing file mismatches.
Yes, are fixed using cache presented and a clean client. In this way you won't see any Version Mismatch as long as client is clean :idea: .

Starting in reversal I think I forgot to explain well the term "Clean client".

Clean Client = A game fired using an UT version having only Player specific tunes and Nothing specific to servers. Also this client which wants to play won't travel from server A to server B "on fly" because simply even BPak.u, OLExtras.u or other sort of files will be causing mismatch as long as these two servers A B might use different versions not only MonsterHunt.u. If simply player has loaded file from cache and have it in memory - there is my deduction based on playing and flying from a server to another; at server-travel will claim that have a file - BANG if file loaded by client doesn't match what server B has Will always fail, even will crash if files are totally different but are named identically see "Predator" case.
How I'm checking servers ? Simple. Join in Mayhem server, play, disconnect nice, quit game, start game again, try next server. Without to quit game and using "on fly" travel will be causing randomly troubles, so you'd better NOTE this as a heat point to be known.

Browsing - Interesting subject but I'm not interested by any such tool as long as UT can deal native with any sort of UT game if is configured. Old browsers GameSpy based might be outdated and they need configured properly or simply updated to newer things. I'm not using any cool browser because I can see servers based on game-type all the time without special things.

Else let me answer with a question: Why I can play in any MH server ? Want confirmation ? I'll join in yours and after 1 minute I'll join into v5.04 server with 0 troubles.
_________
That "Nexgen feature" to send player into other server is not so wise as expected, one of troubles is files mismatching which will cause player to be rejected or to crash. And I have the same opinion for any sort of map able to move player from a server to another without to know if they are using the same files. This "on fly" travel ought to happen between 2 known servers preferable owned by the same admin with the same files.

In other idea I can join into v5.04 server and then into my MH2 (when I have it started) also Later I can join at Mars's server. These 3 examples are running different MH things and files and mods (and even textures) and I don't have any headache. Is better to test these else we can debate non-existent problems useless. Of course I'm restarting UT before to have memory fragmented with a lot of UT specific things.

Now primary target. Default games. Are listed or not? If you have 0 servers and Master Server is Epic then is a security blocking or a sort of problem UDP related because using default browsing system I can see more than UT 700 servers at a random moment. Having now a separate MH TAB I can simply select what I want without to scan all UT servers manually. OLD MH browser from V503 not works and neither v504 (I did not fixed anything) because loading this file into client will cause "mismatch" and future troubles if updates are required.

As conclusion
Yes, if we want an improved MonsterHunt we might have it, troubles are happening to cool dudes which wants to look good in front of friends with stuff. And I'm looking good too. I have all content in cache and I don't have any Mismatch - for NON-Stock stuff. "Credits" is other chapter.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:36 pm

Nelsona wrote:
Hermskii wrote: In other idea I can join into v5.04 server and then into my MH2 (when I have it started) also Later I can join at Mars's server. These 3 examples are running different MH things and files and mods (and even textures) and I don't have any headache. Is better to test these else we can debate non-existent problems useless. Of course I'm restarting UT before to have memory fragmented with a lot of UT specific things.

OK, but can you do all three of those servers and then mine? I assume all of those are MH2 servers. My MHM is not.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:39 am

It works as long as System folder has no files called MonsterHunt.u or other file. To not forget that restart UT might be a need. By example I'm using versions of BPak.u and HauntedCreatures.u without errors into game-servers, but none of above into my client. CLIENT IS CLEAN.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:48 am

Long time no see that map since I play only with Bots.
MHM_Play.jpg
Like I said: I play anywhere if stock files aren't messed up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.