Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Bad Redirect File

Post by Hermskii » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:55 pm

I told my boy I'd play MH with him this weekend. He chose this server to play on. There are 9 players on it now at 5:45 PM central time on Holy Thursday. There is a file that is downloading slow. I reconnected and it still downloads slow it is umi6a1. I think that is a letter i in the middle. anyways, Check it. It should be all lower case.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hitman

Re: Bad Redirect File

Post by Hitman » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:38 pm

fixed it with your help Herm,THX
Still cant figure out why tho..
Real name UM16A1.u UZ named UM16A1.u.uz and we renamed it to um16a1.u.uz and it works even tho it have the wrong case then the U-file ???

Hermskii
Site Admin
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: Bad Redirect File

Post by Hermskii » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:25 pm

Thank you for your help with TeamSpeak. I will get it going on my servers soon enough. It was great to hear your Swedish accent.

I got my new headphones for Herm Jr and myself tonight. I'm already not liking them because there is only only cable that both mic and speaker runs in. That means I can't just plug into a speaker. I have to unplug my speakers and plug the speaker plug straight in to the sound card so my mic plug can reach it's plug too. I can't do that if I plug up to one of my speakers because then the mic plug won't reach. This headset cost 15 bucks is all but I'm seeing why. LOL I also don't have volume control at the headset or on the cord on either set.

About the messed up file...It goes like this sort of. People tell me I'm wrong on this and I'm sure I am but this thinking has worked for me so far. I feel the map has logic built into it that calls for the other files that are needed. In your case it is a mod file with a .u extension. I don't care and UT when played alone doesn't care about capital letters or not in naming of files but when redirects are involved it does matter. If you edit and recompile that .u file you will see that even though the .u file is named AllBigLetters.u that inside it somewhere it may be called allbigletters.u and that is what it calls for. You have to name the file you have in the redirect server to match the file name inside the .u file itself. If it has no name on the inside then I am stumped but I know that when you get the error saying that file named allbigletters can't be downloaded you have to name the file on the redirect to match whatever the error reports it is named whether it is all, none or mixed capitalization. Make sense?
~Peace~

Hermskii