Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Details?

Post by Hermskii » Sat May 18, 2013 1:23 am

I have not spoken to Skillz. I know nothing of what happened or what is going on except that I didn't do it and I hear that some folks are saying Qwerty is doing bad stuff to the UT-Files Site causing Skillz to shut it down.

None of that is fact until someone clears it up for me. Go ahead. Do your best. Until then I'm heading over to some of the main forums to dig up info. I just hope all is good with Skillz.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hermskii
Site Admin

Re: Details?

Post by Hermskii » Sat May 18, 2013 1:42 am

~Peace~

Hermskii

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sat May 18, 2013 2:05 am

~Peace~

Hermskii

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Sat May 18, 2013 2:08 pm

Image As far as the gossip goes, this is what I've got. What happened with Skillz had nothing to do with Qwerty. It may have but not from what I've got. UT-Files came down because Skills got tired of paying for it without much in the way or returns or donations, and the site owners of where it was situated finally canned it.

Skillz posted about this on one of the guhzillion forums I follow, might've been House of Fools, but I can't remember where for sure.

Image Querty, or =V= as he seems to also go as, has beern making the news of late because in order to promote his own server's games, he been using some kind of exploit (Kelly knows more on this than I, which he detailed in another forum or 2) to crash the servers of those he views as his competition. Which is basically everybody that plays the same gametype that's on his.

Dunno what type he favors.

People are generally not thrilled about that. Some on HoF acknowledge it's happening but they don't know for sure it's Qwerty.

Image That's all I got. I could try and hunt up some more forum links on this if you're interested.
Last edited by EvilGrins on Sat May 18, 2013 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Sat May 18, 2013 2:37 pm

Lil' additive, I kinda lost it and ripped into Delacroix over on BU.

He said: Yes, we ARE entitled to that stuff. We entrusted it to Skillz and he failed that trust. If he had said a month before: guys, I'm closing the site, grab the content while you can - this entire mess would never take place. There were many files there that were ONLY there due to being lost from other sites and now they will be lost completely. The full scope of the damage is unknown. People created all this stuff, working for hours, days, weeks, months and now you're saying Skillz had the RIGHT to just dump it all away?! Yeah, maybe it couldn't be helped but that doesn't make the problem go away. Skillz breached people's trust, period.

And I said: Well... about 2 months back, possibly 3, Skillz posted there was a very real possibility his site and forum were going to go bye bye.

I barely went to his forum 2 or 3 times a month, and even I saw that. He said he was hoping to find a way around it but at the time, he was pretty sure he was going to lose it.

And by the way, Delacroix... it isn't Skillz fault that you uploaded stuff with him and then deleted it from your drive. It isn't his responsibility to manage what you decide not to keep. You have it to him, he uploaded it somewhere where everybody could have access to it, and then you... just figured you didn't need it on your system anymore?

How is that Skillz fault?

Anything I submit to sites I don't submit to just 1 site. Ask anybody, I cross·post all over the bloody place! I also keep a cheap lil' place on mediafire if anyone else wants access to my stuff that doesn't have access to the other places i uploaded it to.

Stop coming down on Skillz, Delacroix, for his inability to manage your own computer files on your system.

I don't actually have any issues with Delacroix. Love his work... but this just kinda sparked something with his being so seemingly unreasonable.