MH-Monsters][ map requests

Posts about what EvilGrins has been or is up to!
EvilGrins
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: MH-Monsters][ map requests

Post by EvilGrins » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:43 am

Nelsona wrote:Indeed is fixed :)

Code: Select all

ScriptWarning: railrocket MH-MeltTownV6.railrocket41 (Function insekt.railrocket.Flying.BeginState:0024) PlayAnim: Sequence 'Ignite' not found in Mesh 'TazerProja'
ScriptWarning: railrocket MH-MeltTownV6.railrocket42 (Function insekt.railrocket.Flying.BeginState:0024) PlayAnim: Sequence 'Ignite' not found in Mesh 'TazerProja'
ScriptWarning: railrocket MH-MeltTownV6.railrocket43 (Function insekt.railrocket.Flying.BeginState:0024) PlayAnim: Sequence 'Ignite' not found in Mesh 'TazerProja'
ScriptWarning: railrocket MH-MeltTownV6.railrocket44 (Function insekt.railrocket.Flying.BeginState:0024) PlayAnim: Sequence 'Ignite' not found in Mesh 'TazerProja'
ScriptWarning: railrocket MH-MeltTownV6.railrocket45 (Function insekt.railrocket.Flying.BeginState:0024) PlayAnim: Sequence 'Ignite' not found in Mesh 'TazerProja'
ScriptWarning: railrocket MH-MeltTownV6.railrocket46 (Function insekt.railrocket.Flying.BeginState:0024) PlayAnim: Sequence 'Ignite' not found in Mesh 'TazerProja'
ScriptWarning: railrocket MH-MeltTownV6.railrocket47 (Function insekt.railrocket.Flying.BeginState:0024) PlayAnim: Sequence 'Ignite' not found in Mesh 'TazerProja'
ScriptWarning: railrocket MH-MeltTownV6.railrocket48 (Function insekt.railrocket.Flying.BeginState:0024) PlayAnim: Sequence 'Ignite' not found in Mesh 'TazerProja'
I'm impressed about these fixes.
I can never tell if you're being sarcastic or not....all those 'scriptwarnings' make me think you may be.

Sir Mandrake
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No

Post by Sir Mandrake » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:15 am

Hes being sarcastic.. lol
--- END OF LINE ---

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:37 am

Sir Mandrake wrote:Hes being sarcastic.. lol
Kinda figured. Hermskii should make a sarcastic font for this forum.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:46 pm

Yea, can be sarcastic or very impressed by new options developed for crash servers, he he...

A bad intended person using all kind of tools to crash a server cannot deliver good results, server can be a bit too protected for lamer hacks. The technology is in fact masked, let's do a map for servers using craps and they will crash using the Troian Horse Tehnology, LOL.

Goooood, what can I do for my place according to this garbage chapter ? Simple answer:

Nelsona will go to workstation and will recode an update mod. This means any crap projectile than defaults goodies will be replaced with a certain class (I'm thinking at this), DONE.

A small information: A huge number of ScriptWarnings means noob coding, yes you read this well, NOOBS and nothing else. A server with 10 players with 1 hour of play can remaining with 2-3 players after a crash which ruined the party, delivered by some bad ScriptWarnings collected. I already know very well what I'm talking about. A good server is not intended to use all kind of nasty stuff just to look great for a half an hour.
We love UT ? I have doubts. Such a stuff released without tests is not any love is just an enemy behavior masked under mapping suit. This is my opinion. I know some 700 assumed MH maps but I have only 387 in server, maybe will be a smaller number soon depending on problems discovered. I have some new visitors impressed by MH mod (they never played this mod), I'm proud because I offered a good image for MH, NOT useless stuffs and half an hour of downloads including some Restart server options...
Yea, I'm not expect to understood what I mean with these but at least I tried to explain what is about... Will continue...

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:51 pm

I won't post here some also impressed players options. Cussing is forbbiden here and I won't break the rules.

For other knowlegde about MH quality you can visit this link or not

http://forums.ut-files.com/the-hell-of- ... t1642.html

Have fun !

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:03 pm

One of the maps I grabbed recently is DM-LV-426-Infested, which has a new monsterclass on it. Map spawns numerous xenomorphs (KeekAlien.AlienPawn) in response to the number of players on it.

These xenos use the QueenAlien model you can play as but it's been retooled a bit. It can't use weapons, uses a number of sounds the pupae does, and its attacks are a combination of headbutts and bites...

...and even cooler, if you gib the thing when you kill it, it explodes with acid that can kill you if you're close enough!

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:16 pm

Wow.

Up until a few minutes ago I never saw an insekt fight up close. It has a melee attack, it stabs you rapidly with its claws.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:36 pm

Very cool stuff. You find some really good UT stuff EG.
~Peace~

Hermskii

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:40 pm

Hermskii wrote:Very cool stuff. You find some really good UT stuff EG.
I have no life, so it's easy.
:roll:

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:38 am

Nelsona wrote: A small information: A huge number of ScriptWarnings means noob coding, yes you read this well, NOOBS and nothing else. A server with 10 players with 1 hour of play can remaining with 2-3 players after a crash which ruined the party, delivered by some bad ScriptWarnings collected.
You forgot to mention your local UnrealTournament.LOG file can reach an insane size...
Gotta love those "Accessed None" errors. :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Plain Old Telephone Service

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:07 am

Wooow, indeed Mea Culpa I forgot to mention these. Once my client was frozen and I was wandered what happened. No space on drive ! What ? Was real, the log file consumed all HDD space and crashed client, nice work, nice server, "welcome here" and all bla bla usual craps, I swear that I won't go there ever again. An admin may have a bad feeling (maybe is reading this forum or not) ? Nice, yea dude keep your server runing and say Welcome to my Grandma's ghost, :P.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:40 am

Little chance of that with me. My HD's got about 496GB free currently.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:46 am

*POTS* wrote:You forgot to mention your local UnrealTournament.LOG file can reach an insane size...
Gotta love those "Accessed None" errors. :roll:
Given that particular log file rewrites itself each time you exit out of UT and then go back in, it might behoove one to reboot their server every couple days.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:20 am

Not all monster summons are so easy...and sadly I'm going without a screenshot on this one.

For example, most of the time you summon a monster it's from a .u file. However this isn't always the case. Especially with monsterhunt maps, some creatures are embedded directly into maps with no accompanying .u file. Take the mh-longcorridor2006 map, one of the harder ones to beat in my opinion. There are many boss creatures on the various levels but the final one is a bit more special. It's a Skaarj Queen that fires pulse rifle bursts, shields itself with a white radiance.

Doesn't teleport much.

In order to get it into other maps I've had to go with this: summon mh-longcorridor2006.Nr2kQueen

Be it a .u file or a .unr, summons work exactly the same.
Oh, this isn't for a map request. I'm just sharing this here so I don't need to create a new thread for it and I wanted to share.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:32 am

Yea, I think I'll start a post about these since you continue to misunderstood more things. Can you understand a bit what we talking about ? We don't talk about HDD space as special priority. We talk about ERRORS that can crash your client game even with 1TB of free HDD space. A huge LOG just means crap stuff added in a server and less players. As admin, you want to have visitors not to run server empty for days, but other guys seems to run server, not to host a game.

But anyway, I go to work what I have to do because me and POTS seems to waste time explaining good things and you just change the subject in other way.

BTW, Summon command always works like many others, I'm using it intensive in my tests.

No problem, I think is enough what I posted, my tries to share knowledge here seems to be useless.