MH-Nukers][

Posts about what EvilGrins has been or is up to!
EvilGrins
NoMoreSpam: Silver

MH-Nukers][

Post by EvilGrins » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:28 am

Okay, before I realized that Hook had setup his own MonsterHunt games I'd already been toying with this idea. Ideally, given Hook's love of various kinds of redeemers, I suspect he might like this as there are so few monsters you can fight with just redeemers where it's still something of a fair fight.

Anyone that's ever played MH-ShootingGuys and gotten into the central tower knows there's a weird version of the SkaarjLord in it that's got a redeemer stuck out of it's lower torso. If i knew how to do it I'd've edited the thing so the redeemer was a little smaller, cuz it looks a little too big and awkward the way it currently is. Still, basically these SkaarjLords have 'redeemer penises' that fire an unlimited number of reddemers before they die.

These redeemers are a little odd. There's no massive blastwave, as there is with a normal redeemer, but it does have the normal explosive strength that redeemers do. Put that right up there with about 136 of these things attacking you and you can see how this map might be a bit hard to handle.

This is obviously yet another variant of the MH-Brutes][ map, which has basically become my favorite testing ground for any and all monsters I can find. Although I edited this particular map from MH-Butterflies (yes it had actual butterflies on it). This map has 3 redeemers on it, a bunch of standard weapons, and in the main base there's a bunch of InstaComboGib rifles...

...which is an instagib that works like a standard shockrifle, if you're unfamiliar with it.

Even with all that, this is still not an entirely fair map. Playing it with 7 bots getting my back, it averages anywhere between 16 to 25 minutes gameplay; MH-Brutes][ averages about 10 minutes. I'm going to attempt to upload this map with this post but not all forums allow for a 3.67MB file
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mars007

Re: MH-Nukers][

Post by mars007 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:33 am

Hi EvilGrins.
Map is added on my MH and CROSSBONES Lucifurs Den {CLD} server.
Tnanks for map.
:)
- Monster Hunt -

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:36 am

mars007 wrote:Hi EvilGrins.
Map is added on my MH and CROSSBONES Lucifurs Den {CLD} server.
Tnanks for map.
:)
Think we covered this over at Hook's... but thanks again.

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:14 pm

Yeah we covered this ovver there also - but we cover a lot of things here and there.
I gotta Thank mars007 for adding it to CLD also - Thank you mars! :wink:
He is a very helpful admin for CLD also! :D
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:28 am

Hook wrote:Yeah we covered this ovver there also - but we cover a lot of things here and there.
I gotta Thank mars007 for adding it to CLD also - Thank you mars! :wink:
He is a very helpful admin for CLD also! :D
Gotta say, with all the Kaal flak out there, I was pleasantly surprised anyone would wanna play that map. Makes me wonder if I should submit some of the several dozen others I edited of it.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:49 am

EvilGrins do you have a copy of the edited version with the butterflies? Might use it as a chilling Logo Map replacement. :mrgreen:
Plain Old Telephone Service

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:26 am

*POTS* wrote:EvilGrins do you have a copy of the edited version with the butterflies? Might use it as a chilling Logo Map replacement. :mrgreen:
Oh yeah. I rarely delete my edits unless they don't work. I still maintain a wee bit of hope that I can successfully kill all the little flapping beasties so the exit opens someday.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:42 am

Got it, thanks!

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:13 am

Chilling logo map replacement? I honestly don't know what that means but my curiousity is peaked whenever POTS is up to something.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:24 am

Nice, I ask a request if you don't mind, more as a question. Why you didn't made MH-OMG][.unr and MH-PupaeWarrior][.unr for some slaugtered players, even 64 bots fighting with 5 OMG-s being gibbed constantly ? Isn't funny ? I think some flying chunks are great.

About those butterflies :), I think I can use a spoon as a weapon for them since they don't have a fight or death code. So, I wish you luck killing them someday.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:11 pm

Hermskii wrote:Chilling logo map replacement? I honestly don't know what that means but my curiousity is peaked whenever POTS is up to something.
Herm, remember whe you got on my system and saw that firey thing with the UT logo in the baCKGROUND? I think that's what POTS may mean. Truth to tell, I used to have a few different opening scene maps.
Nelsona wrote:Nice, I ask a request if you don't mind, more as a question. Why you didn't made MH-OMG][.unr and MH-PupaeWarrior][.unr for some slaugtered players, even 64 bots fighting with 5 OMG-s being gibbed constantly ? Isn't funny ? I think some flying chunks are great.

About those butterflies :), I think I can use a spoon as a weapon for them since they don't have a fight or death code. So, I wish you luck killing them someday.
I've killed some of them, judging by the unmoving ones on the ground, but they take more punishment than any other creature in UT I've ever seen.

I've never heard of MH-OMG][ or MH-PupaeWarrior][ before but I'll track them down and check them out.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:01 pm

Nelsona, can you send me MH-OMG][.unr and MH-PupaeWarrior][.unr?

I can't find them anywhere.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:17 pm

Nelsona wrote: About those butterflies :), I think I can use a spoon as a weapon for them since they don't have a fight or death code. So, I wish you luck killing them someday.
I have a Frying Pan mutator, maybe we could cook some of them. Pity the mutator is for Unreal, not UT.

EvilGrins wrote:
Hermskii wrote:Chilling logo map replacement? I honestly don't know what that means but my curiousity is peaked whenever POTS is up to something.
Herm, remember whe you got on my system and saw that firey thing with the UT logo in the baCKGROUND? I think that's what POTS may mean. Truth to tell, I used to have a few different opening scene maps.
EvilGrins is right, check my attached picture.

However, I had a look at that map (a ComboInsta whatever file was missing, but got it from another source), and I have to say a cloud made up of one gazillion butterflies literally kills my FPS rate.

BTW about the sky, if you want some cool looking textures for skyboxes, search for Sky.utx and DavidMSky.utx.

EvilGrins wrote:Nelsona, can you send me MH-OMG][.unr and MH-PupaeWarrior][.unr?
I can't find them anywhere.
I think he was being sarcastic as usual. :P

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:07 pm

Nelsona, I didn't understand what you meant. You meant why didn't I make those maps.

No wonder I couldn't find them. They don't exist... yet!

By the by, what's an OMG? That a kind of monster?

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:11 pm

POTS, my bad. I sent the .int file for the InstaCombo and not the .u

Whoops!

I have the frying pan for UT, it came with a monsterhunt art museum map I got a stretch back.

Yeah, butterflies tend to slow me down a bit too but it helps to kill off bunches of them. That and playing with bots, the butterflies don't all clump on you but chase the bots too.