MH-2ndTry[EG]Zeta

Posts about what EvilGrins has been or is up to!
EvilGrins
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: MH-2ndTry[EG]Zeta

Post by EvilGrins » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:31 pm

Nelsona wrote:Predator.u and other predator.u ? As you described...
Yeah, the predator.predator they have is for a Predator model, like from the Predator series of movies, that you can play as or slap on a bot. It's not exactly the same, which may explain why on that screenshot you can see the effect of multiple spawning but there's nothing popping into the field of the spawning.

Whatever. I may have to look into getting that Asgard version, although that may cause other issues as I already have an Asgard monsterpack that doesn't have the predator in it.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:20 am

EvilGrins wrote:series of movies, that you can play as or slap on a bot.
Yeah, others did even a boulder with a human mesh, or a cow with human mesh - Very "cool" ?
If you can see Kira grassing or something like a cow I'll blow up my PCs. A Bot has a complete diferent meshes and sequences than an animal or any boulder - retarded crap. I don't want to see errors from console in this case, but is not my server and I'm not worried about "these bright" ideeas.

But I have more if somebody need inspiration. Put some cofee in a cup, cut a few pieces of onion into, put some salt as well, drink this fast and do not ask why you want to throw up :P. Exactly this is what are doing some "skilled guys" toying with meshed without to know a finger about them. If server not crashed this means something is stucked and not works as need. I this case the crash is more than normal. But might pass more than 50 years until people will learn to do the right job or simply won't ever learn... Stop, I go to slap another map without end to bring up a party, cya later...

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:30 pm

Bumpy in stage.

Here I did some changes for getting some improvements into playground:
- getting rid of paths through ammo - they load nearby ammo in combat anyway and not only in combat;
- adding a ShootIt type actor for making Bot to shoot those WoodenBox/es by themselves and not trying to pass through them;
- removing all lights - because are useless - nothing, but nothing makes light here (lamps, projectors, torches, etc.) and it looks like a crap anyway - linked cubes and nothing more;
- adding some textures in MyLevel and dropping them around.
[img]2ndTry.JPG[/img]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:30 pm

Last I edited it, which was (years) awhile ago, I removed most of the lights in each room. Think there were 6 per room before, I knocked it down to two.

Ammo is only in the first room, although no amount of pathing is sufficient for bots once they get to the 4th room. Need human players to get past that room.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:44 am

I went at real testing ON-Line. Barak was lost with 500 Lives. Warlord Hunter types even Were capped at 30 were looking pretty much nasty. AFter a few Observations related to collision cylinder I went to some research about "Hunters.u" package. I was badly surprised about some "UT addiction" on purpose to ruin this game as much as possible and getting rid of admins and players. That package is entirely a pure crap.
- collision of pawns screwed at once with drawscale making collision cylinder a lousy thing - probably a Pawn half buried in floor is a good looking thing for a dumb mind - each class there is screwed;
- I see that the "genius" coder has no clue what is hearing threshold making pawns utter deaf;
- this "gorgeous" work proves that also we don't know how is aiming a pawn in skill 20 - never hit target - thanks to engine clamping pawn at skill 3 - else everything turns into crap;
- aggressiveness - I'm still fascinating to see engine capable of processing retarded things like 5000 since default is -1 1 and this is involved in combat states - it only forces engine with no purpose;
- bHasRangedAttack for pawns which cannot do this and neither animations for firing projectiles - it seems that stupidity of this "coder" goes to high limits - unless there is stripped code - but package is too small for such a task, I'm not sure if any code is modified - not to mention it has nothing fixed from default ScriptedPawn errors and it brings 100 "news";
- large amount of health making a factory with a few pawns to take ages for completion and causing only server-spam for no reason.

THIS way of doing is probably fun for a mind on drugs or something like this.

Measures taken:
Happily adding file Hunters.u to folder SystemConform, Saving package from System with properties normalized, using a batch file on purpose, operating a normal copy conformed with old garbage from SystemConform for not causing mismatch version error. Now I'm OK. Good night, Hunters.u, you'll get better soon !

Let me see, I have around 7-8 crappy packages solved, one by one I'm gonna ruin all stupidity out. In year when I'll be the last man on Planet playing MH under UT, I'll play it clean as diamond crystal and smoother as oil sliding on a skin under sunshine. Yeah, it's my turn now to ruin the ruins.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:38 pm

Still I'm gonna reduce factories, 300 minutes are not enough for 5 hunters 1+4 to complete this Level, it's badly miss-balanced.

Aside, I spent time here for checking XCGEv20, other tests are going to be performed later...

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:28 am

Nelsona wrote:Still I'm gonna reduce factories, 300 minutes are not enough for 5 hunters 1+4 to complete this Level, it's badly miss-balanced.
The sheer number of Warlord hunters is insane, but I manage it the only way i know how... by getting them to chase me into the room with those annoying mini-warlord from Bpak.u and letting them fight it out.

Both tend to ignore me pretty quick once they cross paths.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:29 am

Okay, I went to some detailed tech testing. At a moment I could see areas not showing decals properly. I did a small research. I found some useless giant solid brush doing nothing that mooing in space covering everything useless. Also I saw that a few stupid cubes (map components) were not even aligned at grid :shock: , this must be hard task given the "high" number of cubes used - yeah, cubes.

Oh well... I went "Evil" (usually in complex maps Editor is crashing at this point) I selected brushes (ALL except movers) and I set command "Actor Align". Magically all brushes went to grid perfectly - this doesn't work in 2000+ maps but this one is too lousy for not being aligned... c'mon... After rebuild, all visuals seems nice (decals, lightning, effects)... eheh, when geometry is doing sucks in a Level, nothing works as expected...