Talking Titan in MonsterHunt?

Posts about what EvilGrins has been or is up to!
EvilGrins
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Talking Titan in MonsterHunt?

Post by EvilGrins » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:21 pm

I know from previous experience, these demented ideas hit me in waves, that you can't put the Talking Titan into MH as a monster. The thing automatically respawns and generally will fight it's own kind over you. They're configurable, so there's likely a way around that, but you'd have to put in the effort.

So, I was thinking earlier it might be kind of cool to have one on my own team in MH. Picked a map for testing, gave it a skin that was vaguely befitting the red team, set it up so it literally was on the red team (bots playing with me didn't think it was enemy) and tried playing the map...

...and he just sat there and did nothing.

I tried ordering him, for all the good that did.

Exited out of the game and went back into UnrealEd and played around with his settings, then went back in and tried leading monsters to him.

He just stood there and ignored every attack on his big old person.

Finally, on another random impulse, I summoned a playerbot into the game...
...and he proceeded to chase it all over the place to kill it.

On the plus side, as it stands someone could probably use a Talking Titan as an element in TeamMonsterHunt.

My question for this insane notion: Is it totally impossible to configure this Talky-Titan to hunt the other monsters like any other bot/player?

Hermskii
Site Admin

Re: Talking Titan in MonsterHunt?

Post by Hermskii » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:54 pm

Totally possible. See the DM-Titania map and go from there.
~Peace~

Hermskii

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:27 pm

The Titania maps, of which there are many in varying gametypes, I know of. The UTDMT, which is basically short for Unreal Tournament Deathmatch Titan, is the same file I made this guy from. He is very customizable, just apparently not against any other monsters other than another version of himself, and the ones in MonsterMadness.

Thinking I might have better luck with the TeamMonsters.u that came with CTF-FaceKrall.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:27 pm

The Titania maps, of which there are many in varying gametypes, I know of. The UTDMT.u, which is basically short for Unreal Tournament Deathmatch Titan, is the same file I made this guy from. He is very customizable, just apparently not against any other monsters other than another version of himself, and the ones in MonsterMadness.

Thinking I might have better luck with the TeamMonsters.u that came with CTF-FaceKrall.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:54 am

Normally I'm not very interested in such "hunters". Reasons:
- MonsterHunt attempt to fix monsters attitude at begining of match to gain enemies - if a pawn is modifying dynamically attitude this is some ideea but... continuing next line;
- People playing MH were sick to see Monsters killing Monsters and for them not no much to kill - setting options for different pawns is not very easy - controller is already done and need a strong rework, not default MonsterHunt for sure, a mutator not always can do good things before to lock server completely due to missing codes or bad codes;
- Assuming we solved problem with friendly monsters (fight, help, damage to other pawns) - I wanna see how will use that BIG pawn normal paths - He won't use (is pretty brainless at this chapter), then what can do ? Wandering around and nothing more. I think you don't want him to open those gates because technically he won't be able to pass that small hole with the lift from OutPost. So in end, what exactly can do this pawn in MH ? I'm not so sure about his skills.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:05 am

By and large, a random factor. I don't want him win the game, but it's nice to have something like that backing you up.

Kinda like a tank with arms.

A thing I was worried about the UTDMT, which I never got to see as he wouldn't do anything, was a general glitch in monsters. Even in MonsterHunt, I once started a game with no bots and me in spectator mode, while I opened up MonsterMadness into MH. Wanted to see how a team of Krall would do... and they did pretty good until they got killed...

...the glitch is this: monsters killing monsters that normally can respawn will cause them not to respawn. I have no idea why, and I've observed this in normal gametypes outside of MH too. Either using MonsterMadness and some other monster mutator or monsters I just summoned in for testing purposes.

Technically this glitch also exists in MM. If a MonsterMadness SkaarjMilitary kills another MM-monster by punching it, no problem. If it kills another MM-monster with a weapon, any weapon, that other MM-monster will no longer respawn.

So the Talking Titan in MH was as much to test if he'd respawn if he was killed as well as to see if he kept going how he'd do on the map. Little things like, would he follow the existing bot pathing or go somewhere on his own?

Anyway, as you know, he wouldn't budge. Even when shot at by monsters. JackGriffin suggested I poke around in its SetEnemy protocols, so we'll see how that goes.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:29 pm

=)) Sorry but I can't stop laughing remembering other tests from a personal MonsterHuntArena.

Let me see, that Original SetEnemy is not right done, neither other functions. Simply atittude code is other mess, but let's say somehow if server is not crashing I'll replace only harmfull pawns. Others ? Just defaults, EPIC have the duty to fix all UT99 not me.

What happened in MA-SkaarjLord ? I modified a few things (including end). I added 2 TeamCannons for team 0, a few meters away more Birds. Good... =)), I saved map with a different name (I keep original as a reminder in how to not do).

Guess what happened after injecting some adrenaline at monsters. Before 4 Bots to encounter Skaarjs, these monsters already showed their aggressivity in a mad noise. They attacked Birds, cannons (cannons attempted to respond - is their default reaction for non team-pawns). Was a really mad fight. Cannons stopped firing at a moment being blocked by Skaarjs but after war 0 Birds were alive. This happened in a few seconds. Later, Bots were interested about ammo and weapons (I left default Bot code to manage fight without forcing any attraction). I just told them some story about game-threat. When first Bot appeared in area, Skaarjs jumped like burned and killed bot I think in aprox. 7 seconds. Poor Bot, indeed smelling the threat he fought insane but those Skaarjs were too many (at begining). Took some minutes until Bots gained controll over situation and started to hunt Boss (according to threat rules - beautifull native code, really beautifull). In map remained only Bots and 2 cannons (I spectated watching console - I need to note all errors to see what I need, only what I need and nothing more).

In conclusion, I won't try to do a bunch or tries and attempts to ruin errors from SetEnemy. Pawn simply need love if you want to see him helping You must recode attitude code. Is hunter human = friend, is Bot = friend, is monster = enemy, is other freak = ignore (maybe will be friend - if open fire, will be threat and must be removed) Attitude is the key for more things. This time I got over attitude and I simply pushed ScriptedPawn to kill all Non-ScriptedPawns which blocks actors. Guess why this rule ? Never mind. Maybe Kelly wants to see a small Script ...

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:34 pm

Now i'm laughing...

...and I'm very touched about your concern for the bots.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:03 am

Is not really about Bots or such prototype, all A.I. is interesting, ouch I don't want to insult A.I., not all pawns means A.I. FlockPawns from me deserve other name A.S. (Artificial Stupidity). Category for Cannons let's say.. mm ... I don't know, FortStandard ... this is only for sacrifice, as fish in food only for consuming, so we can talk about concerning for ... ScriptedPawn and Bot. In this game-type very basically done at this moment, monsters are a team, players with bots other team (with colors), and ... monsters are very angry they want to kill everything that moves by default not responding only at threats, simply will eliminate any creature which breath nearby.

(Sometimes I'm mad at details - I wanna hear that threatening sound as against human, is not so powerfull but somehow works).